The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sound Radix Releases "32 Lives" 32-Bit to 64-Bit Audio Units Plug-ins Adapter
Old 8th September 2013
Lives for gear

I'm happy that I can open up a recent cd project where I used Slate trigger on every song. These L9 files open up in L10 and play back great.

Sent from my iPad - now Free
Old 8th September 2013
ninox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Polich View Post
The plug-in compatibility chart is clearly posted on Sound Radix website, as
well as the clear statement that this is a beta version and not
an official release. That's what a "beta" version is - use it at your own risk.

Sound Radix isn't guaranteeing that it will work with any plug-ins not listed
in their compatibility chart. Why would you expect a refund if it doesn't work
with a plug-in or VI they didn't test? If I were you I'd just wait for the official
release, which you'll get for free when it is made available.
Thankyou for the lecture. I'm so glad you're here to point out details I may have missed.
Hmm I don't recall expecting a guarantee or a refund. Hang on, let me check. Oh yeh I didn't. I wasn't sure what to expect. That's why I asked them a question.
This may shock you but I actually already know what a beta version is. My past experience is that beta's typically don't involve an exchange of money. Usually a user tries a product and in return helps the dev's by contributing to the body of knowledge about said product. Yes I know there are some dev's selling beta releases these days but it's not the norm.

The Sound Radix website also CLEARLY states:

"Please keep us posted on your experience and compatibility status of your plug-ins not showing here."

It's CLEAR to me Sound Radix expect people will buy this to test plugins that are not on the chart. What if 32 Lives doesn't work with a plugin and they never release an update that does? Fair question? I thought so.

Is that clear enough for you?

Old 8th September 2013
Lives for gear

It's great that someone has provided a solution for this, I'm sure the developers want this product to eventually work with all the 32bit plugins possible..

Seems like it'll take a bit of time but nevertheless I think it's brilliant to see someone seize the moment and offer a way forward, a lot of people not moving up to Logic X yet because of the issue..

Now there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Well Played..

Zz.
Old 8th September 2013
Lives for gear

Bought.....
Old 9th September 2013
Lives for gear
Anyone tried Vanguard from refx?
Old 9th September 2013
Lives for gear

Hi Nir

Any plans to include NuGen plugins in the program?
NuGen Monofilter would be a great starting point

cheers
Old 9th September 2013
@ Beatworld, We'll do our best. We strive to have complete compatibility for the 1.0.0 release. Please note that some plug-ins are not compatible with OS X Lion / Mountain Lion and I'm afraid there's very little we can do for them.

Thank you again for your reports guys The plug-ins compatibility list was updated with your feedback.
When you file your reports, please include your OS info, plug-ins version and expand on the issue you're having. Crash reports would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Nir
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
@ Beatworld, We'll do our best. We strive to have complete compatibility for the 1.0.0 release. Please note that some plug-ins are not compatible with OS X Lion / Mountain Lion and I'm afraid there's very little we can do for them.

Thank you again for your reports guys The plug-ins compatibility list was updated with your feedback.
When you file your reports, please include your OS info, plug-ins version and expand on the issue you're having. Crash reports would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

-Nir
Your list of compatible plug-ins continues to grow and impress. Almost all of the Schwa plugs and all of the Stillwell plugs are now compatible. This is great for so many of us who have given up on these developers porting their products to 64-bit.

Thank you.
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Maniac

Anybody tried VB3, with this?
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkbh View Post
Anybody tried VB3, with this?
GSI VB3 is listed as a compatible plug-in on the Soundradix.com website, in
the 32 Lives page/compatibility chart (link in Soundradix's post above). Plugs and VI's that are "ok" are marked as "Live".

I'm using GSI's EG70 (Electric Grand) and GS-201 (Space Echo) and those converted to 64-bit fine
with 32 Lives and are working great in Digital Performer 8.04, OSX 10.8.4.

That said, it should be noted that even VB3 converted to 64 bit will NOT work very well in Digital
Performer...it never has. There is a note about VB3's problems with Digital Performer on the GSI website, I believe.
Old 10th September 2013
Deleted User
Anyone tried this with Logic 9? Does it allow plugins to bypass Logic 9's 32 bit bridge?
Old 10th September 2013
32 Lives update v0.9.2 is up

Hello everyone,

An updated 32 Lives v0.9.2 is up and available for download in your user area. Fixes include tempo sync is now working (Sylenth, Virtual Guitarist 2 etc.), Bram's and Mdsp's @ Smartelectronix compatibility and many others.
This update also include bug fixes and some performance and stability improvements. Still in progress are GUI issue with some plug-ins and further compatibility improvements.
You may need to rescan your plug-ins in Logic's Audio Units Manager.

We're working on updating the compatibility list with the most recent info.

As always, keep us posted

Cheers,

-Nir
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Maniac

nebula pro

wow, just discovered this thread

did nebula pro work?
cheers michael
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

Fantastic work Any chance of Eiosis Transienter making the list?
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Nut

Users review, please..?
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Fantastic work Any chance of Eiosis Transienter making the list?
Don't have the transienter but the Desser is working nicely
Old 10th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Anyone tried this with Logic 9? Does it allow plugins to bypass Logic 9's 32 bit bridge?
I tried it today & it worked up to a point but I did get quite a few crashes - it could have been the plugs I was using (ie it might have been the same in LPX) but I didn't have a chance to check.

Once it is stable then it would be good to use in LP9 as the GUI doesn't vanish when you click on Logic (as with logic 32bit bridge).
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Nut

anybody tried the eventide omnipressor and stereo room plugins with this ?
Old 10th September 2013
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckoff View Post
I tried it today & it worked up to a point but I did get quite a few crashes - it could have been the plugs I was using (ie it might have been the same in LPX) but I didn't have a chance to check.

Once it is stable then it would be good to use in LP9 as the GUI doesn't vanish when you click on Logic (as with logic 32bit bridge).
Thanks, duckoff.
Old 10th September 2013
Here for the gear

Guys, Im using Logic Pro X with the plist edit so it runs on OS 10.7.5,
(my old mac pro 1,1 cant run 10.8)
I don't seem to be having much luck getting 32 Lives to work properly with this setup, tried a few plugs including Sylenth, which is in your compatibility list, loads up but crashes validation and there is no GUI.
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Addict

is slate vcc and vtm covered? not listed on the web site... only fgx and trigger
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat38 View Post
is slate vcc and vtm covered? not listed on the web site... only fgx and trigger
VCC and VTM are already 64 bit.
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Nut

Don't know if everybody but me already knew this, but in the 32 Lives Plugins Manager window you can hold down the "Command" key to select the plugins you want.

I wish I had known that bc I ended up using Select All and that may have caused some instability (32 Lives crashed on me, and a few other plugins crashed Logic when I first tried them).

At any rate Slate FGX, my Stillwell Plugs, and Sylenth seem to now be up and running smoothly.

Really need Antares Autotune EVO tho...
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguy6 View Post
VCC and VTM are already 64 bit.
doh, meant vbc, not vcc

actually checked the slate web site again

vcc is 64 bits on all platforms

vtm is 32 bits on mac

vbc is 32 bits

so my question still stands for vtm and vbc
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Nut

VTM and VBC is 64 bit (not pulling your leg here, i own both and im on mac ..)
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shufaroots View Post
VTM and VBC is 64 bit (not pulling your leg here, i own both and im on mac ..)
so the friggin slate web site is slate... er... stale

thks :-)
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Maniac

Can you explain how does it works? Have you to load the plugins inside 32 live?
Old 12th September 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo46 View Post
Can you explain how does it works? Have you to load the plugins inside 32 live?
Yes, it was confusing at first, but 32 Live is actually an application on your Mac that you open up and choose which plugins to convert to Logic X compatibility via 32 Live's plugin manager window.
Old 12th September 2013
Working great here. Thanks a lot for making this!
Old 12th September 2013
32 Lives version 0.9.4 is up

Hi guys,

An update and preliminary installer manual is up in the user area. Most GUI locking issues are now fixed, Auto-Tune EVO, ReValver and others are now Live and other improvements 32 Lives Release Notes

Please post your working plug-ins list here. We'd love to hear about your experience with Antares' AVOX, Mic Mod EFX and others we still don't have info about.

Cheers,

-Nir
📝 Reply