The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Out now: Zynaptiq UNFILTER Adaptive Tonal Contour Linearization Plug-In
Old 9th June 2013
Lives for gear

Software Out now: Zynaptiq UNFILTER Adaptive Tonal Contour Linearization Plug-In

Hey all,

we're glad to announce that UNFILTER is finally shipping!

Here's the PR:

Zynaptiq Releases UNFILTER Adaptive Tonal Contour Linearization Plug-In.

Hannover, June 9th, 2013: Zynaptiq announces the immediate availability of their recently introduced adaptive tonal contour linearization plug-in, UNFILTER.

UNFILTER is a real-time plug-in that removes filtering effects, such as comb filtering, resonance, or excessive equalization – effectively linearizing the frequency response of a signal automatically. UNFILTER can also apply a detected filter response to another signal, or export it to disk as an impulse response file (WAV), and can perform mastering grade adaptive, free-form, and graphic equalization. Applications include removing room resonance, repairing poorly mic'd production sound or musical recordings, enhancing the intelligibility of speech recordings in film sound, broadcast, ENG and forensics, adapting multiple sounds to blend better with each other, adaptively re-balancing the frequency response of mixed music, general purpose high resolution automatic equalization, and creatively designing new sounds.

The UNFILTER features at a glance:
  • Automatically detect and remove resonances, equalization, roll-offs and the effects of comb filtering from musical, location, dialog and surveillance recordings.
  • Apply the measured filter response to other signals to place them in the same "acoustic world".
  • Export the measured filter response to or import it from a linear- or minimum-phase impulse response file (WAV).
  • Mastering grade adaptive, free-form and graphic equalization.
  • Extremely steep 96dB/octave shelving high-pass filter.
  • Output limiter for unsupervised use in batch processing applications.
  • Highly time-efficient workflow and UI.

UNFILTER comes as AudioUnits, RTAS, AAX Native and VST plug-in for both Mac and Windows operating systems, and is available now from the Zynaptiq website as well as select international resellers. A free trial version is available from the product page.

UNFILTER has an MSRP of USD 399 / EUR 369 (incl. 19% VAT).

For more information, please visit the product website at zynaptiq: unfilter
Old 9th June 2013
Awesome! This is simply amazing! Again, nice work guys!
Old 9th June 2013
DSK
Lives for gear

Pleasantly shocked!
Old 9th June 2013
Gear Addict

very very promising indeed

congrats on the release..... game changer ?
Old 9th June 2013
Gear Maniac

Forgive my ignorance but I can't see how this product would be useful. What's it's intended purpose? Who is it aimed at? Not wishing to bash it at all, just still confused after watching the YouTube video!:p
Old 10th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Pleasantly shocked!
Once again, incredible stuff from zynaptiq.
Some months ago I thought UNVEIL was impossible - and now comes UNFILTER!
Old 10th June 2013
Lives for gear
I just tried the demo on a song that has vocals recorded in a very small room with a loud vocalist who really excited the room nodes. These are once in a lifetime performances and there will be no re-recording. Also, the drums were recorded in an ADAT studio and then processed through some weird outboard tube stuff. UNFILTER made these vocals sound like they were recorded through great mics in a perfect room. The difference was night and day. Previously, I had been forced to do a whole bunch of EQ and still couldn't really get all those room resonances out. Now the vocal just sits perfectly with almost no EQ at all.

The snare sound improved dramatically and now requires very little EQ. If you always make perfect recordings and you never have to work with problem tracks like this, then maybe UNFILTER is pointless for you. But if you've ever had problem tracks this is a total godsend. Also, UNFILTER is set up to be super quick. It takes about 5-10 seconds to "learn" and understand how to process a sound and then you have three controls that are easy. It required little to no tweaking to fix these tracks. Let's face it: EQing major problems out of tracks is a tedious, time-consuming pain in the ass. UNFILTER automates this. This will be a major time saver.
Old 10th June 2013
Lives for gear

It looks amazing based on what I saw in the video.
Can't wait to try it but can't for a few days as I'm on holiday on a small island off the west coast of Australia.
Old 10th June 2013
Lives for gear

Mind officially blown!

But the question still remains....

Can you put a Rowntrees fruit pastel in your mouth without chewing it?
Old 10th June 2013
bitewounds
After watching that video I think we should put Denis on a scale and weigh him against a duck. If he weighs the same as the duck, then he must be made of wood and therefore a witch.
Old 10th June 2013
Gear Nut

I have been trying this thing out for a couple of hours in combo with "UNVEIL".
My initial reaction as a bedroom producer is:
UNFILTER + UNVEIL = "A well treated room!"

At least for recording voice or guitar in my house, and considering the price and effort to actually treat a room.
Old 10th June 2013
Lives for gear

Truly remarkable. The last thing that wow'd me like this was the first time I used Algorithmix Renovator (which is still my desert island tool) many years ago.

Diggo
Old 10th June 2013
Gear Maniac

Black magic, kill it with fire! :D
Old 10th June 2013
Gear Addict

Wow, that's a demo! I need it, don't know why, but I need it!
Old 10th June 2013
OMU
Lives for gear

I think this plugin could be the starting point for a real (as in actually usable) room correction software.
Old 10th June 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitewounds View Post
After watching that video I think we should put Denis on a scale and weigh him against a duck. If he weighs the same as the duck, then he must be made of wood and therefore a witch.
I tried it.

Denis is a duck made of wood and therefore definitely a witch.

This is witchcraft for sure.
Old 10th June 2013
bitewounds
I bet he couldn't explain the math behind this to anyone... because there is none – he simply sold his eternal soul to Satan. Which in return gives us thee game changer. Not a bad deal.
Old 10th June 2013
Here for the gear

Until I use it i cant believe that it's real.

Incredible!

Seems like its a toy for mastering uses more than anything.

Top work!
Old 10th June 2013
Gear Nut

Unfilter brings back hidden low quality treble caused by sample rate conversions and 4 bit pcm wav.
Old 10th June 2013
t_d
Lives for gear

highly impressed here unclouding a track. serious time saver compared to setting up dynamic EQs and super precise cuts.

the price is definitely not in the "impulse buy" aisle but as a serious tool for work it'll probably be worth every penny and more.
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

wtf
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

This thing is incredible.

That demo is awesome. Getting rid of "too much bass" or getting that clarity and high end shine back is "priceless".

No other tools do that with ease and without artifacts.
Old 11th June 2013
Lives for gear

Hey all, just a short heads-up that our ISP is having trouble, which results in our site being down. Working on it!
Old 12th June 2013
Lives for gear

...and the site is back!
Old 12th June 2013
bitewounds
That down-time prevented me from buying it (moaning, with blood-shot eyes). I will hold my frothing horses for another week and see if the inner turmoil ebbs a little.. I'm seriously scared to forget about traditional (endless, tedious) eq'ing once I start using this thing. Much in the same way I'm scared that my brain might assume that memorizing things properly is a ridiculous thing to do since we have Google and Wikipedia.
Old 12th June 2013
Lives for gear

Resistance is futile. We are Zynaptiq. Your knowledge shall be ingested, leaving an empty organic shell.

heh
Old 12th June 2013
GnS
Gear Maniac

This plugin is witchery! Deviding by zero! Can't be real! We should burn the site down. but before let me buy a copy. Can't wait for Unchirp!
Old 13th June 2013
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitewounds View Post
That down-time prevented me from buying it (moaning, with blood-shot eyes). I will hold my frothing horses for another week and see if the inner turmoil ebbs a little.. I'm seriously scared to forget about traditional (endless, tedious) eq'ing once I start using this thing. Much in the same way I'm scared that my brain might assume that memorizing things properly is a ridiculous thing to do since we have Google and Wikipedia.
My experience exactly.. EQ who?! why now!?
This plugin on the master bus like a mastering effect really helps in the writing stage as you don't endlessly eq and break the fee.l

It's a really clever plugin that can be used as a exciter while balancing everything out.

Haven't really met a plugin so intelligent that basically saves hours upon hours in the writing and mixing stage.

Oh and for what it's really tailored to do it does it "also" really well.

Now tailor it more for the masses, not just for restore, post, sound design demographic, give that price a hipass notch by 50db and you'll sell this by the dosen.

Again congrats!
Old 13th June 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
... give that price a hipass notch by 50db and you'll sell this by the dosen ...

G
Old 13th June 2013
LAU
Gear Maniac

Its very special.
Much more dramatic then unveil, of which i had higher hopes.
If unveil would be as dramatic as this oh my oh my.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search