The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amplesound.net NEW PRODUCT : AGT (Taylor 714 Guitar) Virtual Instrument Plugins
Old 15th April 2013
  #1
Gear Maniac
 
Jason Morin's Avatar
 

Amplesound.net NEW PRODUCT : AGT (Taylor 714 Guitar)

Check it OUT ! at www.amplesound.net

Ample Guitar T aim to bring the Taylor 714 Guitar sound to your studio.





AGT is recorded on the Taylor 714 acoustic guitar, with 3892 dry samples and a total size of 5.00GB. Original samples have been recorded as 24-bit 44.1kHz stereo. Natural sustain and resonating sounds of the guitar are unadulterated. No looping samples.

















Jason
Old 15th April 2013
  #2
Gear Addict
 

Sounds phenomenal, nicely done once again Amplesound!

Is there any chance you could offer a discounted price on this to those of us who already own other products of yours?
Old 15th April 2013
  #3
Gear Nut
 
Rockin*Gio's Avatar
 

Sounds great!! I was torn between this and the Martin library. When I saw the package sale, I ended up purchasing the Taylor library along with the PRS samples...looking forward to trying them out.
Old 16th April 2013
  #4
Gear Maniac
 
Korgscrew's Avatar
 

Purchased!! I love these guitar libraries!!

Great Customer service too!

Nola111 I got a link with a discount. I bought for $100

Send then a mail, im sure they can sort you out!
Old 16th April 2013
  #5
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgscrew View Post
Purchased!! I love these guitar libraries!!

Great Customer service too!

Nola111 I got a link with a discount. I bought for $100

Send then a mail, im sure they can sort you out!
Thanks, I got the email too! Just bought it.
Old 16th April 2013
  #6
Gear Addict
 

Amplesound personnel, or anyone else who knows: can you please explain to me exactly what the Open String First functionality does? I have read it and re-read the section in the manual but I just don't understand it. I guess I need to read an example to really grasp it.
Old 16th April 2013
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
Korgscrew's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
Amplesound personnel, or anyone else who knows: can you please explain to me exactly what the Open String First functionality does? I have read it and re-read the section in the manual but I just don't understand it. I guess I need to read an example to really grasp it.
From what I understand, you play a chord in strummer and the Bottom E stays open. I havent used it though, plus im not sure if im right!
Old 16th April 2013
  #8
Gear Maniac
 
Korgscrew's Avatar
 

Love the new strum Feature!

Great for pop backing chugs! Works great with the sustain pedal :-)
Old 16th April 2013
  #9
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgscrew View Post
Love the new strum Feature!

Great for pop backing chugs! Works great with the sustain pedal :-)
I'm still downloading mine... what's the new Strum feature??
Old 16th April 2013
  #10
Thanks for asking.

Open string first:

if you play on below 6 pitch
E1 A1 D2 G2 B2 E3
6th string 0 fret, 5th string 0 fret, 4th string 0 fret, 3th string 0 fret, 2rd string 0 fret, 1st string 0 fret will be sounded.

If you don't open "OSF"
e.g. E3 maybe on 1st string 0 fret, or 2rd string 5 fret, or 3th string 9 fret, or 4th string 14 fret, or 5th string 19 fret.
The sound has a big different.

OSF is very useful for some custom chords without strummer mode, and open string sound is different with other fret, guitarist would use open string more when press a chord becuase:
1. sounds longer and brighter.
2. he doesn't have to press a note, save his strength.
3. for some special chords, e.g.


There are A1 A2 C#3 B2 E3 in chord, if doesn't had OSF, the fingering will become right one. a big different, and B2 and C#3 can't be sounded at some time on a playing guitar.

Also, even you adjust capo to 5, you still can't play a chord likes left one. OSF will save you keyswitches.

Hope this is a help.

AGT discount For new customers:
A bundle containing Ample Guitar T with one of the electric Ample Guitars (AGF, AGG, AGP) is available for the introductory price of $219 and with Ample Guitar M at $229 from 15/04/2013 to 15/05/2013.

for former customers: $139

For AGM customers: $100
Old 16th April 2013
  #11
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpleSound View Post
Thanks for asking.

Open string first:

if you play on below 6 pitch
E1 A1 D2 G2 B2 E3
6th string 0 fret, 5th string 0 fret, 4th string 0 fret, 3th string 0 fret, 2rd string 0 fret, 1st string 0 fret will be sounded.

If you don't open "OSF"
e.g. E3 maybe on 1st string 0 fret, or 2rd string 5 fret, or 3th string 9 fret, or 4th string 14 fret, or 5th string 19 fret.
The sound has a big different.

OSF is very useful for some custom chords without strummer mode, and open string sound is different with other fret, guitarist would use open string more when press a chord becuase:
1. sounds longer and brighter.
2. he doesn't have to press a note, save his strength.
3. for some special chords, e.g.


There are A1 A2 C#3 B2 E3 in chord, if doesn't had OSF, the fingering will become right one. a big different, and B2 and C#3 can't be sounded at some time on a playing guitar.

Also, even you adjust capo to 5, you still can't play a chord likes left one. OSF will save you keyswitches.

Hope this is a help.
Thank you for the reply. I understand now.
Old 16th April 2013
  #12
Gear Maniac
 
Korgscrew's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
I'm still downloading mine... what's the new Strum feature??
The martin Version had pick style and Finger style.

The Taylor has Pick style & Strum style. When you select strum, bang a few chords on the keyboard and it strums them. hold down the sustain and it sounds great!
Old 16th April 2013
  #13
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korgscrew View Post
The martin Version had pick style and Finger style.

The Taylor has Pick style & Strum style. When you select strum, bang a few chords on the keyboard and it strums them. hold down the sustain and it sounds great!
Oh cool!
Old 30th April 2013
  #14
Gear Maniac
 
Jason Morin's Avatar
 

Here's a new song done with AGT: All in Best






Jason
Old 23rd May 2013
  #15
Gear Maniac
 
Jason Morin's Avatar
 

Hello,


Check out this Review that Russ Hughes of Pro Tools Tips, Tricks & More... - Pro Tools Expert Blog did About Ample Guitar Taylor (25 mins)







Jason
Old 25th May 2013
  #16
Lives for gear
 
acmusic's Avatar
 

How are not more people discussing this one? Or maybe like me, they are busy creating with Ample's products.
After owning Electri6ity for a few years and never really landing with it, I just want to say that not only are these VIs slamming right out of the box, but the implemented chord changers and Strummer are turning out to be a vastly creative tool that, given the productions I do, they are invaluable. I always know when I've found something special when opening Logic and already know where to turn for inspiration ~
Old 26th May 2013
  #17
M2E
Lives for gear
 
M2E's Avatar
 

I love their other gtr plugin and after they fixed the tuning issue I've been a happy go lucky producer.
Great plugin!
Don't know if anyone is having an issue with Logic crashing when this plugin is in a session.
This has been happening since I got the new plugin.
I'm going to re-install but, truthfully, haven't had the time.

Now I do...

Anyone else?

Thanks,

Marc
Old 26th May 2013
  #18
Lives for gear
 
acmusic's Avatar
 

Hands down, one of THE BEST devs. for Cust Srv. Thanks guys!
Also turned me on to FOLX Download Mngr for Mac

kjb
Old 26th May 2013
  #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
I love their other gtr plugin and after they fixed the tuning issue I've been a happy go lucky producer.
Great plugin!
Don't know if anyone is having an issue with Logic crashing when this plugin is in a session.
This has been happening since I got the new plugin.
I'm going to re-install but, truthfully, haven't had the time.

Now I do...

Anyone else?

Thanks,

Marc
Hi, Marc. can you explain in details the crash problem? thank you.
Old 26th May 2013
  #20
Here for the gear
 

Great product. I cant wait for whatever is next. I'm hoping for a bass guitar in the future as well.
Old 30th May 2013
  #21
Gear Maniac
 
Jason Morin's Avatar
 

Hello,

Ample Sound updates AGM & AGT to v1.1.0 for Win & Mac

AGM & AGT v1.1.0 changes:

Alternate Tuner: Turning the 6 tuners on the head allows user to change the tune of corresponding strings up to 2 semitones down.The tuners are fully
compatible with all solo and strumming techniques and all articulations.

Keyboard Mode: Multiple notes now can be played simultaneously on one string without automatic hammer on /pull off, which enables the software to be played like a simple keyboard instrument.

New Installer: Refined the software property/settings file, so as to fix a former writing permission bug.



Video Here:




Jason
Old 30th May 2013
  #22
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Morin View Post

AGM & AGT v1.1.0 changes:

Alternate Tuner: Turning the 6 tuners on the head allows user to change the tune of corresponding strings up to 2 semitones down.The tuners are fully
compatible with all solo and strumming techniques and all articulations.

Jason
Were the additional two lower notes on each string actually sampled and included with the update? Or does, for example, playing the open high E string after it's been detuned to D just trigger the sample of the 3rd fret of the B string?
Old 31st May 2013
  #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
Were the additional two lower notes on each string actually sampled and included with the update? Or does, for example, playing the open high E string after it's been detuned to D just trigger the sample of the 3rd fret of the B string?
Of course it's not the 3rd fret of B string. open string notes sound very different from fret notes. you can email us for further details.
Old 31st May 2013
  #24
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpleSound View Post
Of course it's not the 3rd fret of B string. open string notes sound very different from fret notes. you can email us for further details.
Yes that's exactly why I was asking. I wanted to make sure that detuning the high E to D and playing it is actually triggering a high open D - which would of course require that you sampled that at some point. Thanks.
Old 3rd June 2013
  #25
Gear Nut
 
Rockin*Gio's Avatar
 

Really enjoying the AGT guitar library. This is a demo I sequenced this weekend that feaures AGT, AGML, and a little AGP. The song is "Goodbye In Her Eyes" by the Zac Brown Band and "all" the guitars are AmpleSound.

Old 4th June 2013
  #26
Gear Maniac
 
Jason Morin's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin*Gio View Post
Really enjoying the AGT guitar library. This is a demo I sequenced this weekend that feaures AGT, AGML, and a little AGP. The song is "Goodbye In Her Eyes" by the Zac Brown Band and "all" the guitars are AmpleSound.


Well done my friend!
Old 4th June 2013
  #27
Gear Nut
 
Rockin*Gio's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Morin View Post
Well done my friend!
Thanks Jason, I can see that these samples are going to find their way into a lot of my tracks!! Best acoustic guitar libraries I've ever used...by a long shot
Old 7th June 2013
  #28
Lives for gear
 

Just bought this one as well - fantastic. There are some other acoustic guitar libraries that have recently been released, but this totally blows them out of the water imho. Hope you guys continue to update it!
Old 7th June 2013
  #29
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Hi @jason & Ample Sound. Seriously great work guys. I'm right now trying your library (demo of course) and indeed these are/if not the best Acoustic guitars library out there period.
Now i want to know something before, when you are in Strum mode, do you have to absolutely assign all the notes and chords you'll be playing or can it automatically detects and play the pattern? Because if not the case, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for upcoming upgrade to integrate a way that once you're in a Strum mode and you've load up your Seq pattern, have the VI whatever chords you play to reckon.

I'll go and play around a bit more and understand it well how the Strums section works. Maybe a little Video Tutorial specific about STRUM would be great too.

Once again, one word: The best out there :-)
Old 7th June 2013
  #30
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Hi @jason & Ample Sound. Seriously great work guys. I'm right now trying your library (demo of course) and indeed these are/if not the best Acoustic guitars library out there period.
Now i want to know something before, when you are in Strum mode, do you have to absolutely assign all the notes and chords you'll be playing or can it automatically detects and play the pattern? Because if not the case, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for upcoming upgrade to integrate a way that once you're in a Strum mode and you've load up your Seq pattern, have the VI whatever chords you play to reckon.

I'll go and play around a bit more and understand it well how the Strums section works. Maybe a little Video Tutorial specific about STRUM would be great too.

Once again, one word: The best out there :-)
If I understand correctly what you're asking, you simply have to change to Detect Mode (instead of Select mode which is the default) and it will do exactly what you're suggesting.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump