22nd March 2013
News Desk Editor
eaReckon - EARebound (multi-delay plug-in)
EARebound is a full-featured multi-delay plug-in which has been designed to meet a specific need : to quickly create rhythm lines from percussive sounds recorded in various environments (natural, urban, industrial, …).
Recording these sounds, processing them through (carefully selected) effects in order to obtain multiple versions of them, loading and mapping them in a sampler, placing them in space, … takes a considerable amount of time and can be an obstacle to spontaneous creativity. In addition, even if we are satisfied with the results after hours of hard work, this rhythmic grail cannot be easily modified, as we would like, during live situations.
A first prototype of this thing was then born in 2011, offering 16 steps (the input + 15 delay lines) being processed by a dedicated set of shaping and positioning tools. The workflow was already similar to the one provided by a good old drum machine and it was enough to create rhythm lines from any kind of recorded sounds within a couple of minutes… lots of fun and saved time!
Great… but considering that not everyone shares my pathological obsession for environmental percussive sounds, it would have been a shame to keep EARebound as-is because it obviously has the potential to evolve into a more universal, easy to use and definitely ultra-creative product…
Apart from any situation where a solid delay unit is needed, EARebound is now particularly useful when it comes to create rhythm from any material or instantly enhance an existing audio loop.
- 16 synchronisable delay lines (including a global one).
- 7 types of saturation, Quad chorus/tremolo, High & Low cut filters, 2D positioning tool, … per line! ?(each delay line and the source signal itself can be processed by its own set of effects)
- 3 pairs of stereo outputs (Main, Aux, LFE).
- “Split LF” module to manage low frequencies the easy way (can be used in both Multi-Channel and Stereo modes).
- Preset manager including a selection of ready-to-use factory presets.
- Powerful and configurable “Random” feature.
- Comprehensive and fast workflow (three different views).
EARebound is available to purchase for the introductory price of 69 EUR until April 17th, 2013 (regular 99 EUR).
Link : EARebound - VST AU Delay Plugin