The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Amplesound.net NEW Acoustic Guitar VSTI
Old 15th March 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2E View Post
Hello,

I did that, as one of your guys recommended it but, it's still an issue.
Just on the "Finger" setting. "Picker" is fine.
Also, it only goes out of tune when your playing chords that I can tell.
I could be wrong but, I noticed it when playing chords only.

I sent a detailed email to you guys about what chord would go out of tune and so on.
Please let me know if you would like me to send it again.

Thanks,

Marc
Would you mind sharing this "detailed information" with the rest of us? So
we could check and confirm it for ourselves.
Old 15th March 2013
Quote:
Hello,

I did that, as one of your guys recommended it but, it's still an issue.
Just on the "Finger" setting. "Picker" is fine.
Also, it only goes out of tune when your playing chords that I can tell.
I could be wrong but, I noticed it when playing chords only.

I sent a detailed email to you guys about what chord would go out of tune and so on.
Please let me know if you would like me to send it again.

Thanks,

Marc
Sorry for inconvenience, just found an error which E string 7th fret (B1) 32-63 velocity layer had a wrong tune value in tune patch.

We have checked tune patch files for several times and did not find other error except this one.

Fixed it and uploaded a new tune patch, please download it here with your AG license:

amplesound.net

Please tell us if there are other out notes, thank you!
Old 17th March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Washburn View Post
Check out Amplesound.net other guitars too and the 31% off offer ending 18/3/2013

amplesound.net

In case of any problems with Amplesound.net products, please contact:

Customer service: [email protected]
Technical service: [email protected]
ENDING Very Soon !!!!!!
Old 30th March 2013
Here are some updates from Amplesound.net:

1) Take the time to listen to this recently added song ''Spring Sundown'' in which you can hear AGM:

2) UPDATES:

AGM v1.0.1 changes:

1. RTAS version.
2. Separate Detect mode and Select mode on the Strummer, on Detect mode, Chord switching will be fixed in the 12th chord selection box.
3. Fixed a bug when AGM can't customize the instrument file path.
4. Added 64-bit standalone version for Mac.

AGG AGF AGP v1.2.3 changes:

1. RTAS version.
2. Expediated the loading speed of AU and VST plugins.
3. Improved multi-threaded stability during loading.
4. Added 64-bit standalone version for Mac.

Customers can update Ample Guitar to latest version for free here? amplesound.net

For More Info:

Customer service: [email protected]
Technical service: [email protected]
Old 30th March 2013
M2E
Lives for gear

Hey guys,

Sorry, I've been swamped in sessions after sessions with no end in site which is good but, super tiring.
Anyway, I've downloaded the update and YES, it fixed the issue as I've tried both fingered and pick.
I really appreciate you guys looking into this.

I have to say, this thing sounds amazing!!!

Now waiting on the video for Strumming so I can totally understand that.

You guys rock!

Marc
Old 25th April 2013
Gear Addict

The below looks like a lot of steps but it takes no time at all to do - would greatly appreciate if someone could try to reproduce.

I have discovered what appears to be a very STRANGE bug with Logic and Ample Guitar M (I have yet to see if it may also exist in Ample Guitar T).

After I saved the plugin settings via Logic's plugin Save As functionality, the guitar started playing chords like it was out of tune. If some folks could check, I'd like to see if anyone else can reproduce this bug. Here are the steps:

1. Logic 9.1.8 and latest version of AGM 1.0.1
2. In a new project create your instrument track, instantiate AGM, and create an empty MIDI region
3. Switch AGM to Picker mode, click Open String First, turn Strummer on, and make sure it's in Select mode (by default it is)
4. On the Strummer page create two custom chords in slots 1 and 2. Just to be consistent with mine, use the same two chords - they are, from low E string to high E string: x76444 and x98494 (the numbers are fret numbers, fyi).
5. The default Strum Pattern #1 is fine to use - the bug happens with any Strum Pattern (SEQ) used.
6. In your MIDI region in Logic, enter MIDI to strum the 2 chords (a C2 and a C3 together for the first chord, and a C#2 and a C3 together for the 2nd chord.)
7. Hit Play in Logic - all should sound ok and you should hear the two chords strummed based on however long your MIDI notes are.
8. Now, in the plugin window, click the dropdown menu, choose "Save Setting As..." and save the plugin settings in the folder that OS X defaults to, name it whatever you want.
9. Save the Logic Project and close it.
10. Re-open the project.
11. Play.
12. If it sounds normal, stop it and play it again (sometimes for me I have to play it a 2nd time to get the bug to happen).

If you're able to reproduce the bug, the guitar will sound like it's really out of tune when you play it back.

The only reason I assume it has to do with the saving of the Logic presets is because as long as I don't save the plugin as a preset, but rather just save the Logic project, when I reopen the Logic project, the bug does not exist.

I'd like to see first if someone could reproduce this bug from scratch on their own system. If not, I will attach some of my exact files and have people try to reproduce using them.

Amplesound service, hopefully you are reading this as well and can try to reproduce.

Thanks!

Note: I can not reproduce this in Ample Guitar T. So it seems to be exclusive to M.

Last edited by Nola111; 25th April 2013 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: Add info about AGT
Old 29th April 2013
Gear Addict

Nobody? Not even Amplesound personnel?
Old 30th April 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
Nobody? Not even Amplesound personnel?
Please contact Technical service : [email protected] and send them some files to see if they can reproduce the problem.

Jason
Old 30th April 2013
Gear Addict

Ok will do.
Old 26th May 2013
M2E
Lives for gear

Hey guys,

Well, I just put in 2 to 3 hours with both of the Ac. Gtr plugins and I must say, this thing is great.
For the pass hour & 1/2 though, I tried the strumming and I just can't get my head around it.
I've read this whole thread and still can't get it to sound right.
I tried Select mode & Detect mode, and with me at least, trying to do chords with Right Hand and select C4/D4 with my Left hand as I'm use to playing chords with my right and bass with my left is not normal for me.
Very frustrating to say the least.
Also, after doing the chords and seeing the Seq see the chords I'm playing for Seq 1 (C4) Seq 2 (C#4) Seq 3 (D#4) Seq 4 (F#4), then when I go to C4 it doesn't hold the chord I played before. What am I doing wrong?
Isn't it suppose to remember the chords I give it so I can just play single notes?
Not doing it in Logic Pro 9.1.8 for me at least.

I made up my mind I was going to learn this as I want to get all of their other Guitar Plugins as I see they use the same setup.
I have so many sessions that need both AC & Elec Gtr with Strumming. I have to hire and Gtr Player every time for simple chord strumming and this would, in the long run, save me money and time and this would be perfect to say the least.

Why can't someone pleeeeeease do a Ample Guitar Strumming video explaining how to do this! PLEASE!
This is extremely frustrating.

Say what ya want, I'm slow, I ride the short bus whatever but, make a video explaining how to use your plugin.

You make 30 videos on how it sounds but never make a video on how to use it...
You have future sells here!

Again please.

Thanks,

Marc
Old 26th May 2013
Quote:
Hey guys,

Well, I just put in 2 to 3 hours with both of the Ac. Gtr plugins and I must say, this thing is great.
For the pass hour & 1/2 though, I tried the strumming and I just can't get my head around it.
I've read this whole thread and still can't get it to sound right.
I tried Select mode & Detect mode, and with me at least, trying to do chords with Right Hand and select C4/D4 with my Left hand as I'm use to playing chords with my right and bass with my left is not normal for me.
Very frustrating to say the least.
Also, after doing the chords and seeing the Seq see the chords I'm playing for Seq 1 (C4) Seq 2 (C#4) Seq 3 (D#4) Seq 4 (F#4), then when I go to C4 it doesn't hold the chord I played before. What am I doing wrong?
Isn't it suppose to remember the chords I give it so I can just play single notes?
Not doing it in Logic Pro 9.1.8 for me at least.

I made up my mind I was going to learn this as I want to get all of their other Guitar Plugins as I see they use the same setup.
I have so many sessions that need both AC & Elec Gtr with Strumming. I have to hire and Gtr Player every time for simple chord strumming and this would, in the long run, save me money and time and this would be perfect to say the least.

Why can't someone pleeeeeease do a Ample Guitar Strumming video explaining how to do this! PLEASE!
This is extremely frustrating.

Say what ya want, I'm slow, I ride the short bus whatever but, make a video explaining how to use your plugin.

You make 30 videos on how it sounds but never make a video on how to use it...
You have future sells here!

Again please.

Thanks,

Marc
Hi Marc, the strumming and seq is independent of chord. we will make a tutorial video soon.
Old 26th May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nola111 View Post
The below looks like a lot of steps but it takes no time at all to do - would greatly appreciate if someone could try to reproduce.

I have discovered what appears to be a very STRANGE bug with Logic and Ample Guitar M (I have yet to see if it may also exist in Ample Guitar T).

After I saved the plugin settings via Logic's plugin Save As functionality, the guitar started playing chords like it was out of tune. If some folks could check, I'd like to see if anyone else can reproduce this bug. Here are the steps:

1. Logic 9.1.8 and latest version of AGM 1.0.1
2. In a new project create your instrument track, instantiate AGM, and create an empty MIDI region
3. Switch AGM to Picker mode, click Open String First, turn Strummer on, and make sure it's in Select mode (by default it is)
4. On the Strummer page create two custom chords in slots 1 and 2. Just to be consistent with mine, use the same two chords - they are, from low E string to high E string: x76444 and x98494 (the numbers are fret numbers, fyi).
5. The default Strum Pattern #1 is fine to use - the bug happens with any Strum Pattern (SEQ) used.
6. In your MIDI region in Logic, enter MIDI to strum the 2 chords (a C2 and a C3 together for the first chord, and a C#2 and a C3 together for the 2nd chord.)
7. Hit Play in Logic - all should sound ok and you should hear the two chords strummed based on however long your MIDI notes are.
8. Now, in the plugin window, click the dropdown menu, choose "Save Setting As..." and save the plugin settings in the folder that OS X defaults to, name it whatever you want.
9. Save the Logic Project and close it.
10. Re-open the project.
11. Play.
12. If it sounds normal, stop it and play it again (sometimes for me I have to play it a 2nd time to get the bug to happen).

If you're able to reproduce the bug, the guitar will sound like it's really out of tune when you play it back.

The only reason I assume it has to do with the saving of the Logic presets is because as long as I don't save the plugin as a preset, but rather just save the Logic project, when I reopen the Logic project, the bug does not exist.

I'd like to see first if someone could reproduce this bug from scratch on their own system. If not, I will attach some of my exact files and have people try to reproduce using them.

Amplesound service, hopefully you are reading this as well and can try to reproduce.

Thanks!

Note: I can not reproduce this in Ample Guitar T. So it seems to be exclusive to M.

We will release a new version soon to fix this bug, should be next week, thanks for reporting.
Old 27th May 2013
Ample Guitar Review & Tutorial video by Pro Tools Export
Review Of Ample Guitar T Acoustic Guitar VI - YouTube
Old 30th May 2013
Hello,

Ample Sound updates AGM & AGT to v1.1.0 for Win & Mac

AGM & AGT v1.1.0 changes:

Alternate Tuner: Turning the 6 tuners on the head allows user to change the tune of corresponding strings up to 2 semitones down.The tuners are fully
compatible with all solo and strumming techniques and all articulations.

Keyboard Mode: Multiple notes now can be played simultaneously on one string without automatic hammer on /pull off, which enables the software to be played like a simple keyboard instrument.

New Installer: Refined the software property/settings file, so as to fix a former writing permission bug.

Video Here:

Jason
Old 5th June 2013
Hello,

Here's a new Review from

rekkerd.org

Ample Guitar M virtual Martin D-41 by Ample Sound reviewed
Old 17th June 2013
Ample Sound has released Ample Guitar AAX version. The update covers AGM, AGT, AGP, AGF, AGG.

AGM, AGT v1.1.1 changes:

AAX version.
New Installer on Mac and Win.
New save/load Strummer preset UI.
Fixed a bug where Hammer On & Pull Off notes can't be aligned to bar.

AGG AGF AGP v1.2.5 changes:

AAX version.
New Installer on Mac and Win.
New save/load Strummer preset UI.

The update is free.
Old 2nd July 2013
Ample Sound has released Ample Guitar AAX for Protools 11. The update covers AGM, AGT, AGP, AGF, AGG.

Added AAX support for Protools 11.
Fixed a DFD/disk loading bug.
Improved CPU efficiency for AGM and AGT.
Fixed a bug on AGM and AGT about old DAW project/preset compatibility.

The update is free to existing customers.
Old 3rd July 2013
Lives for gear

I wanted to know if this virtual instrument contains ready patterns or playing styles and if yes can you link me to where this is explained ... thanks
Old 3rd July 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bechara View Post
I wanted to know if this virtual instrument contains ready patterns or playing styles and if yes can you link me to where this is explained ... thanks
Yes it does. You can read section 4 of the manual here: amplesound.net specifically the SEQ patterns section. It comes with several strumming patterns presets that are ready to go. The manual and its pictures only do so much to explain it though, you should download the free demo and try it out. It's really the best sounding software of it's kind by far.
Old 4th July 2013
Thank you Nola111 for your answer.

DJ Bechara, you might want to check out this cool video done by ProTools Expert:

Review Of Ample Guitar T Acoustic Guitar VI - YouTube

Please watch the full video (25mins).....but if you only want to know about the strummer mode, fast foward the video to 9:00 mins.

Jason Morin
Old 4th July 2013
Lives for gear

Yes I checked it !! Really Wonderful Plugin ... I just wonder how to proceed ... will they send me the download links when I purchase it ?? I need the download links to test it ...
Moreover, can the library be stored on a separate hard drive ?
Old 6th July 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Bechara View Post
Yes I checked it !! Really Wonderful Plugin ... I just wonder how to proceed ... will they send me the download links when I purchase it ?? I need the download links to test it ...
Moreover, can the library be stored on a separate hard drive ?
Hi, Please send an trial asking email to [email protected].
And Yes, Ample Guitar lib can be stored on a separate HD.
Old 7th July 2013
Lives for gear

Just did .. Thanks !
Old 20th September 2013
Here for the gear
The Taylor is real nice

Here are some sound demos:

How To Play Any Chord Ample Guitar Taylor 714 Acoustic Guitar
How To Play Any Chord Ample Guitar Taylor 714 Acoustic Guitar - YouTube

Ample Guitar Taylor 714 Acoustic Guitar Strumming Demo AGT
Ample Guitar Taylor 714 Acoustic Guitar Strumming Demo AGT - YouTube

Ample Guitar Taylor 714 Acoustic Guitar Virtual Instrument Sound Demo AGT
Ample Guitar Taylor 714 Acoustic Guitar Virtual Instrument Sound Demo AGT - YouTube

Taylor vs. Martin Acoustic Guitar Ample Virtual Instruments
Taylor vs. Martin Acoustic Guitar Ample Virtual Instruments - YouTube

Last edited by gknyc; 20th September 2013 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: bad link
Old 27th September 2013
Here for the gear

edited. fixed
Old 28th September 2013
Here for the gear

I'm using AGM trial and I'd like to know why it will only map ONE chord on the entire UI's keyboard and my physical keyboard? SEQ #1-12 are different variations of the same chord and FX. It only plays whatever chord is selected (1-12 buttons) in Strummer. I'm wondering if this is a bug, because I have seen videos where people map the chords to separate keys! I've assigned them correctly, checked and repeated several times. I can't be missing something.. I'm Using Logic Express 8 on OS X 10.6.8 if that helps at all.

Update, just tried in Logic Pro 8 and it worked for a second, then the C3 key (strumming) produces no sound and the animated pick flies all over the guitar. It's a true shame.

thanks in advance
Matt
Old 3rd April 2014
Gear Nut

I just wanted to bump this thread- to check again with folks that have bought this intriguing plug-in and had some time to really use it. I've been thinking of buying it... Is everybody still super pleased? Thanks!
Old 28th May 2014
Lives for gear

Is it possible to use the strum function, and get a midi out of all separat notes, for microediting the timing of each note being strummed?
Old 17th June 2014
Lives for gear

Sorry, I hear some real inconsistencies in the samples (demo version).
Old 14th June 2016
Here for the gear

Buyer beware. Amplesound sounds great but in my opinion is not ready for release. It took me six weeks to get it installed. Tech support is in China and there are long delays to questions asked. They kept sending me pieces of programming code to insert into the terminal to try and make it work. It was a full six weeks before I got the first note out of the thing. The project I needed it for was long gone by the time I got it running. I'm so fed up with it I don't even use it.
๐Ÿ“ Reply