The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Presonus Sceptre Coaxial Monitors
Old 24th January 2013
Lives for gear

Hardware Presonus Sceptre Coaxial Monitors

Here.

Always been a fan of coaxials for nearfield monitors... sorry to see that Tannoy withdrew their relatively affordable models...

Wonder what the big horn is doing to the response of the mid-woofer... probably crossed over pretty low...
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

This is most obviously riding the Equator D5 wave. I'm sure the Presonus forum is rife with S1/D5 setups, and very vocal owners of those setups.
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Wow...
NICE!!
No D5 here...
More like the big brothers..
Old 25th January 2013
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierkes View Post
This is most obviously riding the Equator D5 wave. I'm sure the Presonus forum is rife with S1/D5 setups, and very vocal owners of those setups.
Actually, the Fulcrum wave. Read up on them. Fulcrum Acoustic: Home
Old 25th January 2013
They looks so great!!!! How about street price? :D
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Addict

Anyone know the frequency range of these?

They should also make a matching sub for these~

Sent from my IM-A820L
Old 25th January 2013
PDC
Lives for gear

S8 749.99 map
S6 649.99 map

I don't have frequency charts, just the features.
Old 25th January 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDC View Post
S8 749.99 map
S6 649.99 map

$? €?
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
S8 749.99 map
S6 649.99 map

Is that for a pair?
Old 25th January 2013
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassrootking View Post
Is that for a pair?
That's USA bucks and each.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Addict

Also since they talk about dsp for time aligning, I'm assuming the sound goes thru an ad/da stage before monitoring right? If so they should've included a digital input...

Sent from my IM-A820L
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Music View Post
Wow...
NICE!!
No D5 here...
More like the big brothers..
Quote:
Sorry. I didn't mean to say they were in the same class as the D5. Gearslutz has just made me notice a resurgence of coax via DSP and I jumped to the first fad product I thought of.
Old 25th January 2013
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierkes View Post
Sorry. I didn't mean to say they were in the same class as the D5. Gearslutz has just made me notice a resurgence of coax via DSP and I jumped to the first fad product I thought of.
I got it.
Old 25th January 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiothings View Post
Here.

Always been a fan of coaxials for nearfield monitors... sorry to see that Tannoy withdrew their relatively affordable models...

Wonder what the big horn is doing to the response of the mid-woofer... probably crossed over pretty low...
From a NAMM demo video, the designer said he specifically designed the coax speakers upfront factoring in DSP, so there are no Analog non-DSP versions of these. So, he said he could take all the advantage of the best of Analog vs DSP and incorporate it directly into the monitor design.

I like the sound of that approach, and certainly may account for the unique design characteristics...

Speaking of which, anybody hear these and first impressions?
Old 25th January 2013
Lives for gear

Daaaaaaaamn Presonus, these are looking fine. I'm really looking forward to hear them in action.
Old 27th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thats what Daves been up to post Loud! Dave and John Meyers are the 2 guys I know who can make your brain hurt when it comes to everything and everything loudspeaker!
Old 1st February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Daaaaaaaamn Presonus, these are looking fine. I'm really looking forward to hear them in action.
I saw these at NAMM as well as all the other amazing gear that Presonus is coming out with. Love the new mixer, going to sell my 24.4.2 for upgrade. The PA speakers are amazing technology which is also used in the studio monitors. Together the Presonus system is quite a fine tuned performing machine.
Old 2nd February 2013
Gear Nut

How come this one on the sweetwater site looks different?

PreSonus Sceptre S8 | Sweetwater.com
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

These look interesting.

Subscribed.

Old 2nd February 2013
Gear Addict

I really want to hear it!!!

PreSonus—Sceptre Studio Monitors - YouTube
Old 2nd February 2013
Lives for gear

Don't like Presonus, but these look nice. Sound?
Old 12th February 2013
Gear Addict

Hmm I was going to buy KRK VXT-8's for my project studio (don't have enough money for the Event Opal). should I wait for these and pay a little more? Is Coaxial design a better choice or should I go for the long tested and approved KRK's - they seem to get great reviews everywhere?

Don't want to get too off-topic with this question, but I don't know enough about coaxial design so I thought it was ok to post here. Thanks!
Old 12th February 2013
They look like Equators.
Old 12th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarrova View Post
Hmm I was going to buy KRK VXT-8's for my project studio (don't have enough money for the Event Opal). should I wait for these and pay a little more? Is Coaxial design a better choice or should I go for the long tested and approved KRK's - they seem to get great reviews everywhere?

Don't want to get too off-topic with this question, but I don't know enough about coaxial design so I thought it was ok to post here. Thanks!
Yes, waiting for the Opals would be a very smart idea!! My Opinion..
Old 13th February 2013
Or you could buy Event 2030's which are waaay better than KRK's in my opinion.
Old 13th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by klapaucius View Post
Or you could buy Event 2030's which are waaay better than KRK's in my opinion.
I own the 2030's.. Nice monitor.. But I'm my room I have to use ARC2, the low end it overwhelming. Lowing the low end on the back of the 2030's did ok bit felt something funny so I used ARC2 and it def tamed that big low end the 2030's provide. I'm saving my coins for the Opals.
Old 13th February 2013
Gear Addict

Okay thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated! Looking forward to hear these baby's too !
Old 14th February 2013
Lives for gear

I´ve always loved concentric designs - but to my ears systems with a horn inside the lo/mid-woofer have always sounded too sharp.
You get to hear lots of room on the woofer part of the monitor while the horn is relatively dry and that makes the hi-end razorsharp and ugly.

The only solution that really sounds beautifully - even if it looks strange at first glance - is this one:
www.me-geithain.de/studio

Their latest addition to their lineup even feature cadioid characteristic in bass range.
Old 15th February 2013
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooveminister View Post
I´ve always loved concentric designs - but to my ears systems with a horn inside the lo/mid-woofer have always sounded too sharp.
You get to hear lots of room on the woofer part of the monitor while the horn is relatively dry and that makes the hi-end razorsharp and ugly.

The only solution that really sounds beautifully - even if it looks strange at first glance - is this one:
www.me-geithain.de/studio

Their latest addition to their lineup even feature cadioid characteristic in bass range.
Those aren't the same thing.
Old 20th March 2013
Gear Addict

Interesting, I'm not a big PreSonus fan, but time will tell.

I always wanted a pair of Tannoy duals but the availability of the drivers is what always prevented me from buying them.

These might not be bad.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search