The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Soundset Cosmic for Padshop Pro released on patchpool
Old 15th January 2013
Lives for gear

SamplesLoops Soundset Cosmic for Padshop Pro released on patchpool

Hi All,

I'm happy to announce the release of my new soundset for Padshop Pro:

Cosmic for Padshop Pro focusses on rich cinematic pads, drones, soundscapes, bells, synths and cosmic sound effects mainly derived from electronic sources like Hardware and Software synths and more experimental audio applications like Metasynth and Cosmosƒ, a fascinating program which I discovered recently. These sounds are very usable for genres like Ambient - New Age - Soundtrack and Electronica.

Cosmic contains 82 patches making use of 123 original samples produced in 48 Khz / 24 Bit, with a total sze of 1.59 Gigabyte. All patches have the Modwheel assigned, many use Aftertouch and Velocity to control numerous parameters for deep interaction with the sounds.

Patch categories:
  • Cosmic Bells (eight)
    Cosmic Noises (12)
    Cosmic Pads (17)
    Cosmic Scapes (27)
    Cosmic Sequences (9)
    Cosmic Synths (9)

Sampled Hardware synths:
  • Clavia Nordlead
    Roland D 50
    Korg Z1

You can view/download the PDF for Cosmic with more details, the licence agreement and the patch list including playing tips and short descriptions for each patch here.

----

All demos in the widget below were produced entirely with Padshop Pro using only patches from Cosmic, no post-processing was applied apart from a Limiter on the Master Outputs. If a demo does use external reverbration, it is mentioned in the track title.

Here is a video made with 3 instances of Padshop Pro inside Logic playing patches from Cosmic:

Padshop Pro Cosmic Space Orchestra - YouTube

----

Price (paypal): € 28 Euro

Product page

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear

So I just made a video with a quick improvised runthrough of some patches from the category "Cosmic Noises" just using a Midi Keyboard with Modwheel and Aftertouch switching presets on the fly:

Cosmic Noises - Padshop Pro - YouTube
Old 16th January 2013
Lives for gear

And this is a vid with the last demo for Cosmic - "Final Departure" - with several instances of PSP playing inside Logic:

Final Departure - Cosmic Padshop Pro - YouTube
Old 18th January 2013
Lives for gear

Post-release bumpage.
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

"Cosmic' evokes everything from Tomita's classic, creamy smooth synthesized Debussy re-compositions to Barry Truax's paradigm-shifting 'Riverrun' granular synthesis pioneering...this set really exploits Padshop's abilities and strengths.

My initial purchase of 'Padshop Pro' stemmed heavily upon hearing Patchpool's plans to create sound design for it ('Granular Worlds'), and this new offering definitely stands on it's own from Granular Worlds excellent explorations and provides a unique sequel...building and expanding on the possibilities of this otherwise low profile granular synth.

In one word...'Musical' In two, 'get it'!
Old 20th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy C View Post
"Cosmic' evokes everything from Tomita's classic, creamy smooth synthesized Debussy re-compositions to Barry Truax's paradigm-shifting 'Riverrun' granular synthesis pioneering...this set really exploits Padshop's abilities and strengths.

My initial purchase of 'Padshop Pro' stemmed heavily upon hearing Patchpool's plans to create sound design for it ('Granular Worlds'), and this new offering definitely stands on it's own from Granular Worlds excellent explorations and provides a unique sequel...building and expanding on the possibilities of this otherwise low profile granular synth.

In one word...'Musical' In two, 'get it'!
Thank's so much, Chris - what a great read with my morning coffee
I had to google for Barry Truax though...interesting guy!
Old 21st January 2013
Lives for gear

More experiments - sending the patch Wandering Galaxy from Cosmic through a B2 space (100% wet) and then through MeldaStereoSpread:

Old 22nd January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sampleconstruct View Post
Thank's so much, Chris - what a great read with my morning coffee
I had to google for Barry Truax though...interesting guy!
Nerd alert on my part I guess lol

Seriously, back in 1986 I had a standing order with a modern classical music distributor back in New York to send me anything that had to do with computers and synthesis (he only dealt in the high-end Contemporary Classical labels). This is back before my having access to internet so every month or so I would receive a 'mystery box' of selections. I still remember the day I opened one up and inside was Bernard Parmegiani, Barry Traux, and Trevor Wishart (all unknown to me at the time). What followed amounted to an acid trip without the acid! Those moments of discovery remain a goal of continually recapturing for me in exploring software, obviously I personally connect to your designs in such a manner

Suffice to say Traux's 'Riverrun' left a lasting impression and remains for me a milestone for compositional use of granular synthesis

p.s. more than a few of your father's CD's made their way to me in the same manner with similar mind blowing results!)
Old 1st November 2013
Lives for gear

This library is now discounted at 25% through Novembre 6.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search