The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Telefunken M82 Kick and Broadcast mic
Old 22nd December 2012
Telefunken M82 Kick and Broadcast mic

The new Telefunken M82 dynamic Kick and Broadcast vocal mic will be coming out soon ! here is the link and info TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik :: TELEFUNKEN M82 . This is great for those of us that have Kick drum mic obsessions to add on to our arsenal of tone ! The demo of what I heard of it over a year ago sounded good , on the natural side of things . But it will be good to hear the final version now .
Old 22nd December 2012
very cool mini U47 fet looking mic. I hope it's not $2k or more....
Old 22nd December 2012
Lives for gear

Very striking, instant want for me. Surely it's in the SM7/RE20/PL9 territory price-wise. Anybody know?
Old 22nd December 2012
The M80 is about 250 $ And from what I read before both being dynamics and of same/similar type I would guess maybe 500 $ ? with all the extra eq things in it .I'll the option of the filters so you can have a retro sound going on .
Old 22nd December 2012
Gear Addict

Ooh. Might have to look into one of these!
Old 22nd December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARIEL View Post
The M80 is about 250 $ And from what I read before both being dynamics and of same/similar type I would guess maybe 500 $ ? with all the extra eq things in it .I'll the option of the filters so you can have a retro sound going on .
I feel like $500 would be a bit excessive for a dynamic mic...
Old 22nd December 2012
Lives for gear

Looks cool! The M80 rules on snare.
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

The "instructions" are killing my buzz a little (not what they are, but where they are, though I suppose with the way the mic looks, it might save a lot of "hey, this mic sounds funny" support messages):

Old 23rd December 2012
Yes I agree 500 for dynamic would be a bit high , we'll hopefully it won't be . The pic with the arrow pointing to how to use the mic is funny , but I agree it does wreck a bit of the visual appeal . Just have the info on a single page with a big picture saying this end to record as soon as you open the box .
Old 23rd December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
The "instructions" are killing my buzz a little (not what they are, but where they are, though I suppose with the way the mic looks, it might save a lot of "hey, this mic sounds funny" support messages):
If that's a sticker, it's good they thought ahead. If it's permanently emblazoned on the side of the mic body, my finger is twitching over the facepalm icon

-SD
Old 23rd December 2012
Lives for gear

Would somebody from Telefunken please tell us a little more about it than the kind marketing words we already read on their homepage, please? I heard a rumour that it was designed with the D12 in mind..? What about the capsule? To comment an earlier post I wouldn't mind to pay 500$ for a dynamic if it's worth it (think Sennheiser 441 or the better ribbons) By the way I like the look of it!
Old 24th December 2012
Lives for gear

I'd actually consider buying one of the recent Telefunken mics if they didn't KEEP NAMING THEIR MICS AFTER WEAPONS OF DEATH.

The M82 is a recoil-operated, semi-automatic rifle.

I think it's total bull**** and time to stop being so oblivious, Telefunken. I felt this way when they came out with the AK-47, carried on with the M16 and probably others.... before guns were the main talking point of op-eds nationwide, but please. Music should be promoting peace, not murder. OK, I'll step off my little soap box now. It's probably been said before.

Old 24th December 2012 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulusound View Post
I'd actually consider buying one of the recent Telefunken mics if they didn't KEEP NAMING THEIR MICS AFTER WEAPONS OF DEATH.

I think it's total bull**** and time to stop being so oblivious, Telefunken. I felt this way when they came out with the AK-47, carried on with the M16 and probably others.... before guns where the main talking point of op-eds nationwide, but please. Music should be promoting peace, not murder. OK, I'll step off my little soap box now. It's probably been said before.

In 1935 Ela M82 Microphone Telefunken Deutschland TFK, build 1935 ??

The M82 Barett rifle came out 1980... heh
Old 24th December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
In 1935 Ela M82 Microphone Telefunken Deutschland TFK, build 1935 ??

The M82 Barett rifle came out 1980... heh
amazing trivia and coincidence.
Old 25th December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
amazing trivia and coincidence.
As coincidental as the microphone sharing the name of two military rifles I'd say. Given that their line of dynamics now consists of the M80, M81 and M82, I'm guessing they just picked the next contiguous number. As I highly doubt the M80 is named after the anti-tank rocket launcher, the only products I know of that Telefunken ever made that were clearly named after weapons are the M16[mkII] and AK-47[mkII]. They have mics named after other mics and one named after an element. I'm not sure what AR51 is supposed to mean. Though ArmaLite did tend to designate their rifles with "AR" followed by a number, they did not make an AR 51. Maybe Area 51.
Old 25th December 2012
Lives for gear

The M80 is a really big firecracker, hence the packaging:

Deleted 1846071
Quote:

I think it's total bull**** and time to stop being so oblivious, Telefunken. I felt this way when they came out with the AK-47, carried on with the M16 and probably others.... before guns where the main talking point of op-eds nationwide, but please. Music should be promoting peace, not murder. OK, I'll step off my little soap box now. It's probably been said before.

Next let's petition Stillwell about "The Rocket"...

Or Burl about the B2 Bomber.

Or Shure about the bullet mic.

Rename the shotgun mic?

While we're at it we should stop using "he killed it" and "they slayed" as metaphors for impassioned performance.

Or we could not be weenies, and accept that both metaphors and violence are intrinsic to humanity.
Lives for gear

The weapon names just seem to be a repetitive fetish for Telefunken, I don't dig it, whatev. Some people might not dig Meek's green color or the sound of a Millennium preamp or that a Coles 4038 looks like medieval birth control...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummerz View Post
Next let's petition Stillwell about "The Rocket"...

Or Burl about the B2 Bomber.

Or Shure about the bullet mic.

Rename the shotgun mic?

While we're at it we should stop using "he killed it" and "they slayed" as metaphors for impassioned performance.

Or we could not be weenies, and accept that both metaphors and violence are intrinsic to humanity.
Old 26th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Man I love my M-80 on snare too! This looks promising. I'm wanting to try something different than the RE-20, Beta 52, D-112, etc. that I have always used.
Old 26th December 2012
Gear Maniac

I agree that the products seem to have "killer" names that turn me off a bit. But tools are tools. **** it brah.
Old 27th December 2012
Lives for gear

Any pricing info yet?

Old 28th December 2012 | Show parent
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault View Post
If that's a sticker, it's good they thought ahead. If it's permanently emblazoned on the side of the mic body, my finger is twitching over the facepalm icon

-SD
I completely agree.
Old 28th December 2012
Lives for gear

Funk funk funk funk... funk funk funk... FUNKY!!

I think I am putting a lot of mics from this company on my 2013 shopping list. I don't have a kick drum at the current moment, but I could totally see using this puppy if I did....
Old 28th December 2012
Lives for gear

Telefunk.
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Tele funk tion

At the Junction.
Old 29th December 2012
Lives for gear

Nice. This has got me looking more closely at the 80/81* in the meantime.

* 80/81 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 30th December 2012
Lives for gear

good one...
Old 1st January 2013
Well so far it says call for price Still curious as to the price of this unit and when it will be out . Telefunken M 82 | Studio Economik, Canada
๐Ÿ“ Reply