The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ValhallaVintageVerb. Available now for OSX/Windows. $50.
Old 25th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Well, Pro Tools 11 runs great on those silver Mac Pros - at least the ones I have seen. Lots of PCI slots on tap.

I'll still keep RTAS in my product lineup as long as it is feasible, of course.
Yes it does. I've been running Pro Tools 11 on my 2008 Mac Pro and it works great, Vintage Verb beta running great as well. SO worth making the jump to PT 11, I get so much extra processing power.
Old 26th June 2014
Gear Addict

Hi Sean

What is the ETA for the non-beta release of AAX VintageVerb on OS X ?

THanks!!
Old 26th June 2014
Here for the gear

forever wishing for audiosuite to be enabled.
Old 26th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Not in the current release. The OSX beta has a Nonlin algorithm that gets the same kind of gated/truncated/reverse reverbs as the Inverse Room. I've ported this over to Windows, and am working on the Pace signing for AAX so I can release the Windows beta.
Thanks, i look forward to this and other algorithms you mentioned in regards to quantization errors and bit truncation of the 224/x/xl. Buying VVV as we speak.
Old 27th June 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattlange View Post
forever wishing for audiosuite to be enabled.
I realize Sean said this is not part of his plan due to his wrapper not supporting RTAS or AAX audiosuite (perhaps he can correct me if I misunderstood). Maybe we can write to whoever maintains the framework or wrapper to provide this option? I'm a total layman when it comes to plugin development, but I REALLY want to do offline work with Valhalla plugs.
Old 27th June 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywsef View Post
I realize Sean said this is not part of his plan due to his wrapper not supporting RTAS or AAX audiosuite (perhaps he can correct me if I misunderstood). Maybe we can write to whoever maintains the framework or wrapper to provide this option? I'm a total layman when it comes to plugin development, but I REALLY want to do offline work with Valhalla plugs.
I use Juce as my cross-platform plugin framework. Jules (the Juce developer, not the Jules here at GS) has said that he won't support AudioSuite. People have asked him about this. A bunch.

It is worth noting that the VST and AU versions of the Valhalla plugins have supported offline processing since they were first released. I don't know why AAX went with the AudioSuite model for offline processing, as opposed to folding this into the basic AAX functionality. Then again, I'm not exactly the primary scholar on AAX. As my release schedule for AAX Windows should make abundantly clear.

Speaking of...I've heard back from Avid on my Pace signing issues! I'm working on getting this up and running. I'll report back here when I've made progress.
Old 27th June 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xqtion View Post
Hi Sean

What is the ETA for the non-beta release of AAX VintageVerb on OS X ?

THanks!!
I'm holding off on the "full" release until Windows AAX is ready, so I can send the update email to all customers.
Old 28th June 2014
Lives for gear

Waiting for the windows beta and get rid of protools' reverbs :D
Old 2nd July 2014
Happy July Sean!! I'm really looking forward to the new algorithms n all for the Windows VST!! (nod, wink, smile...)
Old 2nd July 2014
Lives for gear

+197 nod, wink, knowwhatImean...

::
Mads
Old 2nd July 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankymax View Post
Happy July Sean!! I'm really looking forward to the new algorithms n all for the Windows VST!! (nod, wink, smile...)
I wish I could say that I am making progress on the Windows AAX ports...

...oh wait, I CAN SAY THAT!!!!!!!!

As of 1 minute ago, I was able to test and verify that the signed Windows AAX 64 of ValhallaVintageVerb is up and running on my PT11 testing rig!!!

The next steps are to test the VST32/64 bit builds on the same system, and then get RTAS up and running with the new code changes. After that, I'll update my installer script with the new builds and AAX target.

I'm going camping with the family for a few days starting on July 4th, in a place that has REALLY shoddy Internet coverage. I'll be headed into town every day to crouch in front of the library and surf off of their free wireless, but this will only allow me to fulfill orders (gotta save charge on the laptop). So it doesn't make sense to release a wide Windows/OSX beta until I return.

My current plan:

- Work on RTAS builds today & tomorrow
- Create installer on Monday
- Send out email with links to Windows & OSX beta versions (AAX, VST, AU, RTAS) to all VintageVerb owners on Tuesday, July 8th

I can't tell you how ready I am for this process to be DONE. I also want to thank the folks at Avid for helping me out in the last few weeks.
Old 2nd July 2014
Outstanding Sean! Say "hi" to Smokey the Bear for me! (camping, y'know...)
Old 2nd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I wish I could say that I am making progress on the Windows AAX ports...

...oh wait, I CAN SAY THAT!!!!!!!!

As of 1 minute ago, I was able to test and verify that the signed Windows AAX 64 of ValhallaVintageVerb is up and running on my PT11 testing rig!!!
You must be relieved

I've received emails from two developers this morning saying that their plugins are not working in the new PT 11.2 update.

I don't use PT but I hope that news doesn't impact on you.
Regards
Old 2nd July 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
You must be relieved

I've received emails from two developers this morning saying that their plugins are not working in the new PT 11.2 update.

I don't use PT but I hope that news doesn't impact on you.
Regards
I am using PT 11.2 for Windows testing. I'll install 11.2 on OSX and check things out. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 3rd July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpix74 View Post
Your email was in the spam .
Right, and telling the OEM this helps with............?
Old 9th July 2014
Quote:
I'm going camping with the family for a few days starting on July 4th, in a place that has REALLY shoddy Internet coverage. I'll be headed into town every day to crouch in front of the library and surf off of their free wireless, but this will only allow me to fulfill orders (gotta save charge on the laptop). So it doesn't make sense to release a wide Windows/OSX beta until I return.

My current plan:

- Work on RTAS builds today & tomorrow
- Create installer on Monday
- Send out email with links to Windows & OSX beta versions (AAX, VST, AU, RTAS) to all VintageVerb owners on Tuesday, July 8th

I can't tell you how ready I am for this process to be DONE. I also want to thank the folks at Avid for helping me out in the last few weeks.
Uh-oh!! Looks like Sean must've got eaten by that bear!!....
Old 9th July 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankymax View Post
Uh-oh!! Looks like Sean must've got eaten by that bear!!....
Still 7 hours left in Tuesday according to my clock, ace! heh

All the VintageVerb versions are built for Windows (VST/AAX/RTAS). I'll build the installer later tonight.

EDIT: The campground I was at over the weekend (near Mazama, Washington) had warnings about bears, but these are black bears. I wouldn't want to mess with them if I didn't have to, but they tend not to eat people. Heading due north of the campground leads to the Pasayten Wilderness, which has grizzly bears. Grizzly bears have been known to dine on humans, but you have to hike into the areas in Washington State where grizzlies have been seen.

Last edited by seancostello; 9th July 2014 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: I wanted to talk about bears.
Old 9th July 2014
ValhallaDSP

OK, I have a *beta* of the beta installer for Windows AAX/VST/RTAS. Which means that I have an installer, but it would be great if a few folks smoke tested the installer before it gets put out for wider distribution.

So, if you are a VintageVerb customer that wants to try the Windows AAX of VintageVerb, or the VST/RTAS with the 6 new algorithms, please send me an email requesting it, or a PM with your name and email address. Once I get the word that the installer works for people, I'll put it on the AAX Request page.
Old 9th July 2014
Lives for gear

I want to talk about bears too.
That's it, short conversation
Old 9th July 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
I want to talk about bears too.
That's it, short conversation
Works for me.

The forgotten North Cascades grizzly bear — High Country News
Old 9th July 2014
Lives for gear

Some beautiful country there.
My daughter is in Yellowstone now. Should she be thinking about bears?
Over here we think about sharks.
Old 9th July 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Some beautiful country there.
The North Cascades are all kind of beautiful.

Quote:
My daughter is in Yellowstone now. Should she be thinking about bears?
Yes. Although bison end up hurting more folks.

Quote:
Over here we think about sharks.
I've lived in a place (San Francisco Bay Area) that had a huge population of great white sharks, but I never worried about it, as I didn't go more than about 3 feet from the shore. Too darned cold.
Old 9th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes. Although bison end up hurting more folks.

I've lived in a place (San Francisco Bay Area) that had a huge population of great white sharks, but I never worried about it, as I didn't go more than about 3 feet from the shore. Too darned cold.
Yes some google work does produce many hits for grizzly bears in Yellowstone.

We spend a lot of time in the water over here and venture substantially further from the shore.

Luckily we don't have bison so can feel safe as far as a bison attack is concerned.

I say luckily because it is one less danger, not dissing bison
Old 9th July 2014
"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you!"- The Big Lebowski

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPVLyB0Yc6I
Old 10th July 2014
ValhallaDSP

I've heard a few success stories from the VintageVerb Windows beta, and I haven't heard about it blowing up anyone's computer, so I'm going to put this into wider release:

The 1.5.0b7 beta of VintageVerb is available for testing on OSX and Windows. New features:

- AAX 32/64-bit (in addition to VST 32/64 bit, AU 32/64 bit, RTAS)
- 6 new reverb modes
- some bug fixes.*
- New in 1.5.0b7:
- mono->stereo bypass bug fixed
- new code to deal with race condition bugs reported by some users

If you are a registered owner of VintageVerb and would like to test the new version, you can request the beta at

AAX Request Form – ValhallaDSP

Please send any beta feedback through the Support form, so I can track it:

Support – ValhallaDSP

I'll be posting Don Gunn's presets for the new VintageVerb algorithms later today.
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
The 1.5.0b7 beta of VintageVerb is available for testing on OSX and Windows.
I'm not in my studio yet so can't check. Is that the same version as the OSX version that has been out for ages ?
Old 10th July 2014
Finally got to work with the new reverb modes and they are outstanding!
Old 10th July 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
I'm not in my studio yet so can't check. Is that the same version as the OSX version that has been out for ages ?
Yep. Well, for a few months now (I think the 1.5.0b7 update was in April or so).
Old 10th July 2014
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by henge View Post
Finally got to work with the new reverb modes and they are outstanding!
I have to admit that the Smooth Plate algorithm is my favorite reverb mode in any of my plugins...
Old 10th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yep. Well, for a few months now (I think the 1.5.0b7 update was in April or so).
Up and about now... I actually have v 1.02b63, no wonder I thought it had been out for ages
It has the 6 new algos, including the fab smooth plate.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search