The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ValhallaVintageVerb. Available now for OSX/Windows. $50.
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Nut

This finally looks like the Valhalla I can't live without. Always loved your plug-ins, Val devs, but this one appears to be a real workhorse. Great job.
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

So many Verbs.....But I'm a sucker for prices like this, Sean would you care to explain how did you come up with these algorithms.....I have no experience in code but I always love too hear where the inspiration comes from.

Ryan
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Hey sean - just to confirm . . .
Is AAX in the pipeline for this (and Room & UberMod too)?

I've already bought the latter two but for $50 this will be awesome too - as long as it will last longer than 6-12 months or so [uneducated guess of timeline for 64 bit Pro Tools]
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Oh dear...just bought. Verb Slutz...I can't stop myself...I...can't...stop...

Awesome job Sean!
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Companda View Post
This is ****...
You left out "the."
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

I am definitely buying whatever sean produced. His stuff wont be discontinued. Thanks for your creation sean!
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Head

Can someone compare it to the LX480 and post feedback !
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear
Dude - FANTASTIC...I might not even demo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post

ValhallaVintageVerb is a postmodern reverb plugin, inspired by the classic hardware digital reverbs of the 1970s and 1980s.

8 true stereo reverb algorithms:
  • Concert Hall
  • Bright Hall
  • Plate
  • Room
  • Chamber
  • Random Space
  • Chorus Space
  • Ambience
3 color modes for dialing in the tone color and sonic artifacts of a specific reverb era:
  • 1970s
  • 1980s
  • NOW

$50. Available now to demo and purchase at

ValhallaVintageVerb: $50 – ValhallaDSP
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Addict

Why do I have to go to work now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
switching to room algo on the fly - loud noise - almost broken my ears...

OSX 10.6.8
Live 8.3.4
Discount!
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Genius stuff Sean, bought it straight away and then tried the demo!!!! There is no point getting into a comparison with other software suffice to say that once you load up "Homestar Bladerunner" any doubts, any one would have, would be blown away.

Is this an accurate emulation of a 480/300. I dont know, but as someone who used them extensively back in the day, I certainly would not miss them with this plug.

If you are thinking of buying this type of reverb plugin look no further, STUNNING
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Addict

I am Buying this
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Addict

compared it to the other one. I am buying this needless to say more
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Sold
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Hi Sean, I have a support ticket with you for GUI issues with Shimmer and UberMod regarding the dual screen problem (problem with Juce or something). Anyway, not wanting to hijack the thread, but having just tried the demo for Vintage Verb, the GUI issues are fixed. Love the new preset handling as well. So any chance your other plug-ins will get the GUI fix and the new pre-set handling? Would love to see some Shimmer pre-sets.
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Addict

Bought without demoing, Valhalla Room was so good there's no way this could suck. V-Room is the only *true* stereo reverb that holds up my Bricasti for short spaces
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antithesist View Post
You left out "the."
Oops, posted that before I saw your addendum.
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluginslut View Post
Can someone compare it to the LX480 and post feedback !
Doing that right now...
Old 19th December 2012
ValhallaDSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freaken View Post
Hi Sean, I have a support ticket with you for GUI issues with Shimmer and UberMod regarding the dual screen problem (problem with Juce or something). Anyway, not wanting to hijack the thread, but having just tried the demo for Vintage Verb, the GUI issues are fixed. Love the new preset handling as well. So any chance your other plug-ins will get the GUI fix and the new pre-set handling? Would love to see some Shimmer pre-sets.
Hey Freaken,

Once the VeeThree hubbub calms down a bit, I'm going to revise all of the Valhalla plugins to incorporate bug fixes. The current plan:

- ValhallaShimmer: Create 64-bit OSX VST. Fix dual screen RTAS issue. Look into cross platform presets. This might be difficult, as it could interfere with the current presets, but I'll investigate.
- ValhallaRoom: Fix dual screen RTAS issue. Add some automation fixes. Fix issue with downsampling in some presets. Some GUI redesign if time permits.
- ValhallaÜberMod: Fix dual screen RTAS issue. Add some automation fixes. Look into downsampling issue.
- ValhallaFreqEcho: Redesign with Futura, resizeable (already done here at Valhalla HQ). Figure out all the above bug fixes. Aaaaannnndddd....use FreqEcho as a guinea pig for AAX porting.

No firm schedule on the above. I gotta get through the next few weeks first.
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Thanks Sean, just bought VintageVerb....with support like this, I will continue to buy your plugs
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Maniac

just spent the last hour A/B'ing this with the Lexicon 224 in the UAD.. It nails it for me... I can drop it in as a pretty damn close exact replacement.. Fantastic gated stuff too.. reminds me of my old Klark Teknik DN780... And yes it's different from Room.. Congratulations Sean!
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Nut

Another Valhalla no brainer.
A joy to use,i tried it,it's quite different from VRoom.
I can't afford it just yet,it's a tough decision cause i already have a bunch of good reverbs(all UADs,2C,other Valhallas)...
Nevertheless excellent work from Sean.
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seancostello View Post
Hey Freaken,

Once the VeeThree hubbub calms down a bit, I'm going to revise all of the Valhalla plugins to incorporate bug fixes. The current plan:

- ValhallaShimmer: Create 64-bit OSX VST. Fix dual screen RTAS issue. Look into cross platform presets. This might be difficult, as it could interfere with the current presets, but I'll investigate.
- ValhallaRoom: Fix dual screen RTAS issue. Add some automation fixes. Fix issue with downsampling in some presets. Some GUI redesign if time permits.
- ValhallaÜberMod: Fix dual screen RTAS issue. Add some automation fixes. Look into downsampling issue.
- ValhallaFreqEcho: Redesign with Futura, resizeable (already done here at Valhalla HQ). Figure out all the above bug fixes. Aaaaannnndddd....use FreqEcho as a guinea pig for AAX porting.

No firm schedule on the above. I gotta get through the next few weeks first.
NOT a bug but could you add a GUI LOCK to the VintageVerb?... loves me the 1970's one and want it to stay when I switch presets - even if it's not historically "accurate"
Old 19th December 2012
mim
Gear Head

I'm a valhalla fan, I feel like a kid when I use them !
Didn't expect this one; the v3 taste as sweet as a marshmallow, and as grainy as a cotton candy.
Thanks Sean for all the joy you invoke in our hearts !
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Addict

My favorite verb to date! Sean is a mad man. It's a great time to be mixing itb.

Did I say I LOVE this verb?!
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
NOT a bug but could you add a GUI LOCK to the VintageVerb?... loves me the 1970's one and want it to stay when I switch presets - even if it's not historically "accurate"
I bet you know this but.....

for anyone else, you know that each GUI is more than just a new colour scheme....under the hood different stuff going on.

3 color modes for dialing in the tone color and sonic artifacts of a specific reverb era:

-1970s. Replicates the reduced bandwidth of the earliest digital reverberators (10 kHz maximum output frequency). Downsampled internally, to reproduce the artifacts of running at a lower sampling rate. The modulation is dark and noisy, and can produce strange and random sidebands with sustained notes. This is intentional.
-1980s. Full bandwidth / sampling rate, for a brighter sound than the 1970s. The modulation is still dark and noisy, but will produce different artifacts than the 1970s mode as it is running at the full sampling rate.
- NOW. Full bandwidth / sampling rate. The modulation is clean and colorless.
Old 19th December 2012
Gear Head

just bought. freaking amazing. I'm a synth dude and a lot of times having a reverb where you can hear all sorts of stuff going on with the modulation ends up being a lot more musical than a completely pristine reverb. I haven't heard anything quite like this in a plugin until now.
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

No demo needed. Buying immediately. Good work, dude!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Sean, I'd love you FOREVER if you could auth my plugin quickly. I have a mix, and this verb would work PERFECTLY on it!
Old 19th December 2012
Lives for gear

Looks like a winner. look forward to playing!
Nice Sean
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search