The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Kemper at NAMM 2013!
Old 11th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Kemper at NAMM 2013!

Anyone think they might know what these guys are going to release. I really want a kemper profiling amp but I know they are at NAMM so I'm holding off till then !!!!!!
Old 11th December 2012
Gear Addict

I don't think that they will release anything that will replace the profiling amp. Maybe a major software update or another product.
Old 12th December 2012
TZk
Gear Addict

A smaller (also less weight) black version would be nice.
Old 12th December 2012
Gear Guru

Less weight? The thing is already light as hell.
Old 12th December 2012
Gear Maniac

I heard they might release a rack mount one ??? What ya think
Old 12th December 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
+1 this is what i am waiting for.
Old 12th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: yes View Post
+1 this is what i am waiting for.
I really want to buy one I emailed kemper to ask if I should wait for after NAMM before buying one as I don't want to lay out ยฃ1200 then a month later a new version is released :-( but they would give me any info at all!!!

Gutted a bit coz if they are not releasing anything new then I would order on and the Camplifier amp that sits in the back to power a cabinet for live use
Old 13th December 2012
TZk
Gear Addict

Wouldn't they wait and show something new at Frankfurt Messe?
Old 13th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueZebra View Post
Wouldn't they wait and show something new at Frankfurt Messe?
When's that?
Old 13th December 2012
TZk
Gear Addict

April
Old 13th December 2012
Gear Maniac

I'm waiting for a rack version too...
Old 13th December 2012
Lives for gear

The kemper is still not as well known as it deserves, so I would imagine they will be promoting the unit, and possibly announce the foot controller alongside performance mode
Old 13th December 2012
Gear Maniac

It's so frustrating I really want to order one !!!!! But I'm gonna hold off till NAMM at least :-(
Old 13th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_mckee View Post
The kemper is still not as well known as it deserves, so I would imagine they will be promoting the unit, and possibly announce the foot controller alongside performance mode
Does performance mode not work properly yet???
Old 13th December 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Does performance mode not work properly yet???
Performance mode is still in the developmental process
Old 13th December 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_mckee View Post
Performance mode is still in the developmental process
So I doubt they will release anything new eg rack mount etc untill they get this all sorted first
Old 7th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Am hoping for a rack mount version at namm 2013 as well...
Old 7th January 2013
Lives for gear
i donยดt think that a reck-Version will come that soon...christophs remarks regarding that topic donยดt Support that

i rather guess that a footcontroller will come as well as a new software-version
Old 7th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Crazy if they don't at some stage.
Old 7th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Crazy if they don't at some stage.
I don't think they will for a long time, if they do release one at all that is
Old 7th January 2013
Gear Guru

From the hints I gave been picking up I sense it will be a rack unit. The thing I would prefer most is a Editor/Librarian. And to be able to slave SPDIF.

If they do make a rack version I hope they make it a "Kemper Pro" that has more dsp (to run multiple profiles at the same time for example) and more i/o.
Old 7th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
From the hints I gave been picking up I sense it will be a rack unit. The thing I would prefer most is a Editor/Librarian. And to be able to slave SPDIF.

If they do make a rack version I hope they make it a "Kemper Pro" that has more dsp (to run multiple profiles at the same time for example) and more i/o.
Why would they release a new version when some of the features don't even work yet on the toaster version eg performance mode, undo and no pedal as of yet. So I don't think a rack version will come any time soon. The hole in the back is for a power amp to fit in so when that is released you won't need a rack unit coz it will be all in one :-)
Gear Guru

Quote:
Why would they release a new version when some of the features don't even work yet on the toaster version eg performance mode, undo and no pedal as of yet. So I don't think a rack version will come any time soon. The hole in the back is for a power amp to fit in so when that is released you won't need a rack unit coz it will be all in one :-)

That's just features of the operating system irrespective of the hardware. Personally I don't care about performance mode or a floorboard. Undo would be nice.

There's already a plugin amp made by a third party called Camplifier.
Old 7th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Yep I know about Camplifier I've ordered one!!!! If you go over to the kemper forum CK doesn't hint at all about a rack version and Andertons who I brought mine from had kemper people there doing a show and the guys kept asking about a rack and they said it isn't on the cards
Gear Guru

Quote:
Yep I know about Camplifier I've ordered one!!!! If you go over to the kemper forum CK doesn't hint at all about a rack version and Andertons who I brought mine from had kemper people there doing a show and the guys kept asking about a rack and they said it isn't on the cards
Maybe so, but if you ran a company would you admit something like that and thus hurt sales of the current product with people holding out for a rack unit.
Old 7th January 2013
Lives for gear

Have you guys seen this new product yet? It's not exactly the same but in the same genre...

MI Audio Unveil Flex SmartAmp - Premier Guitar
Old 7th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus View Post
Maybe so, but if you ran a company would you admit something like that and thus hurt sales of the current product with people holding out for a rack unit.
Well we will just have to wait and see then !!!!!!!
Old 8th January 2013
Gear Maniac

so?

my begging and pleading over the next 2 weeks or so will have no impact on whether they release a rack mount will it?!

the guys at kemper already know the truth! it's driving me crazy...

i probably shouldn't get my hopes up for a rack mount. i suppose a floorboard makes sense... how about a floorboard and a rack mount!
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

Chill out boiz, there is no rack mount coming any time soon. I'm pulling awesome tones err day on records from my kemper beast while people wait till 2014 and beyond for a rack mount version. You can't hear a rack in my recordings
Old 8th January 2013
Lives for gear

I'm still not convinced that all the functionality would be as usable in a rack version. At the end of the day it's all about tone, otherwise I personally would buy an Axe FXII, stick it in a rack and call it a day. I understand why touring musicians would prefer rack but like I said I don't see how that would be practical unless it was simplified or had deeper menus / less buttons
๐Ÿ“ Reply