Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

it's not meant to be a polite plugin ...jus get tweakin !! sounds sick
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
it's not meant to be a polite plugin ...jus get tweakin !! sounds sick
I like the sound very much! On "important" busses only in single band mode though. BTW: I have no presets in the menue.
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

get the modulation going on the filters... all those bands washing over each other sounds very cool ...cost me $49 ,the presets are a great start point
Old 27th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Yes it's not a linear crossover so there will be some phasing in multiband mode. For phase-critical stuff, use 'single' mode.. you can still do a lot of crazy things with the modulation and transient control.

DrAudioBot - please re-download the demo - a version without the presets was uploaded by mistake originally. The correct one is up now.
Old 27th September 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayur_FX View Post
Yes it's not a linear crossover so there will be some phasing in multiband mode. For phase-critical stuff, use 'single' mode.. you can still do a lot of crazy things with the modulation and transient control.

DrAudioBot - please re-download the demo - a version without the presets was uploaded by mistake originally. The correct one is up now.
Thanks mayur
Will redownload when back home monday. Looking forward to testing!
Old 28th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
get the modulation going on the filters... all those bands washing over each other sounds very cool ...cost me $49 ,the presets are a great start point
Wait what? $49 where!?
Old 28th September 2012 | Show parent
Gear Head

WOW
Im hooked on the dynamic plugs they released recently. This plug-in looks the biz!
Old 28th September 2012
Gear Maniac

Maul is a dance music producers wet dream.
Even tame, polite audio snippets can be twisted beyond recognition.
Cool stuff FX.
Old 28th September 2012
Gear Guru

yep i love making bridges , skit , stuff like that in track and then ger back to normal hook !!

done a remix of Falco "Jeanny" and did a skit with the police and all ........and drum loop going left right crazy ect ...this would have been the right tool .......Jeanny !!!!!!!!!!
Old 30th September 2012
Gear Addict

Glad to see people enjoying it
Old 24th October 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

this somehow slipped under my radar til the newsletter they sent about an hour ago..my ears are still ringing...right up my street this is - love it. The ring mod on separate channels is a great feature as well.
Old 9th November 2012
Lives for gear

Anybody having hissing problems using Slate VC with Fxpansion Maul ?

Ive started a thread about it here
Old 9th November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus_FX View Post
Glad to see people enjoying it
I like this plugin in singleband mode but I would like to know if there is any plans for alternative (switchable) x-over filters in the future?

The multiband mode is useless in my opinion because the signal degradation caused by the filters is so obvious.
I have heard better crossovers in freeware plugins and I can only wonder why it's so much worse in a plugin that actually costs money.
Old 10th November 2012
Lives for gear

^
I agree. The filter design needs an overhaul. Other than that, Maul is great

-SD
Old 23rd November 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Certainly something we can look in to. We had prototypes with much cleaner linear crossovers, but the majority of the testers preferred these ones - they work better in some ways for hardcore sound design stuff while admittedly not as good for anything subtle or surgical.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Certainly something we can look in to. We had prototypes with much cleaner linear crossovers, but the majority of the testers preferred these ones - they work better in some ways for hardcore sound design stuff while admittedly not as good for anything subtle or surgical.
Thanks for the explanation Angus.
The dirtiness of the filters fits the plugin vibe nicely IMO, maybe an option to get both...?
A.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post
The dirtiness of the filters fits the plugin vibe nicely IMO, maybe an option to get both...?
A.
+1 !
Old 23rd November 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
A.
+1
Lives for gear

Quote:
A.
+1
Old 24th November 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks for the response. Maybe adjusting how the filter's are implemented might help (including the GUI) rather than changing their design.

I would actually prefer minimum phase over linear too. I'm not sure why I've had awkwardness with Maul's filters. The behavior just didn't seem what I might expect. I need to spend more time with it though.

-SD
📝 Reply