The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Universal Audio Releases Sonnox Oxford EQ Plug-In For UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins Platform Equalizer Plugins
Old 20th August 2012
News Desk Editor

Software Universal Audio Releases Sonnox Oxford EQ Plug-In For UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins Platform

UNIVERSAL AUDIO RELEASES SONNOX OXFORD EQ PLUG-IN FOR UAD-2 POWERED PLUG-INS PLATFORM

—Award-winning EQ from UAD Direct Development Partner Sonnox Now Available for UAD-2 DSP Accelerators and Apollo Audio Interface —

Universal Audio (UA) announces the release of the Sonnox® Oxford EQ plug-in for the UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform. Sonnox, a highly respected UK-based audio software developer and new UAD Direct Development partner, is best known for its range of innovative mixing and mastering plug-ins — longtime tools of choice for celebrated sound engineers and music producers worldwide.

The popular Sonnox Oxford EQ Plug-In, newly optimized for UAD-2 DSP Accelerators and the Apollo audio interface, incorporates the exact equalization algorithms from the legendary Sony OXF-R3 mixing console — regarded as one of the best-sounding mixing desks of all time. With four selectable EQ curves covering a wide array of styles, the versatile Oxford EQ’s novel coefficient generation and intelligent processing provide superior sound quality and greater artistic freedom.

Sonnox Oxford EQ Plug-In Features:

5-band fully parametric EQ incorporating exact algorithms from the legendary Sony OXF-R3 digital mixing console
Variable HF & LF filters up to 36 dB/Octave
Four different EQ types — from modern to “legacy” styles — in a single plug-in
Fully de-cramped HF response
A/B switches (automatable)
Intuitive editable graphic display of all EQ/filter settings and adjustments
Ultra-low noise and distortion
Available as part of the new UAD Software v6.3 release, the Oxford EQ is available for $299 via UA’s Online Store.

More information on the Oxford EQ Plug-In:
Sonnox® Oxford EQ Plug-In

UAD Software v6.3 is available as a FREE download for UAD-2 and Apollo users:
404 Not Found

Download UAD Powered Plug-In images here:
Plug-In Press Photos

Learn more about the award-winning UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform here: www.uaudio.com/uad-plug-ins
Attached Thumbnails
Universal Audio Releases Sonnox Oxford EQ Plug-In For UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins Platform-oxford_eq.jpg  
Old 20th August 2012
Lives for gear

The native version says: Algorithm taken directly from the Sony OXF-R3
The UAD version says: incorporates the exact equalization algorithms from the legendary Sony OXF-R3 mixing console

Are we talking semantics here? So does Native version = UAD versions. Will they actually null? Only one way to prove this. If both versions were exactly the same, seems strange that they've worded the copies differently.
Old 20th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcoosticZoo View Post
The native version says: Algorithm taken directly from the Sony OXF-R3
The UAD version says: incorporates the exact equalization algorithms from the legendary Sony OXF-R3 mixing console

Are we talking semantics here? So does Native version = UAD versions. Will they actually null? Only one way to prove this. If both versions were exactly the same, seems strange that they've worded the copies differently.
Oh - my - god! Duh - duh - duuuuuh!!!!

Im happy with running only native, tough...
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcom View Post
Oh - my - god! Duh - duh - duuuuuh!!!!

Im happy with running only native, tough...
hahahahahahah exactly.

I certainly wouldn't assume that both versions would null without doing some test. and if they don't null, would that imply that the native versions are close but not exact copies of the original desk?
Old 21st August 2012
Here for the gear

Just what the world needs... More eq! How many eq's do you really need??
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by granthgekko View Post
Just what the world needs... More eq! How many eq's do you really need??
Yes, but don't worry this is not another EQ... it's one that's existed for years and year.

What the world really needs is more cowbell!
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear
Why is the GS news desk editor starting another thread on this?
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

had me going for a moment...when i saw 'press desk' and 'UAD' together in a new thread i reached for my special bottle of brandy i have been saving for the 64 bit announcement....should have reached for my glasses first i now see...
...this bottle may well be a vintage worth more than my UAD collection by the time it's opened!
Grrrrr....
Old 21st August 2012
Tui
Gear Guru

Have I mentioned already that I won't be buying this EQ? I don't even have a UAD card. So there.

Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

I think this EQ is going to be the best selling UAD eq ever....not....
Old 21st August 2012
Here for the gear

Why reissue a allready known eq in a world of millions of eqs, rather than coming up with something cool (which they have done many times...)??? No more good ideas at the UA thintank?
Old 21st August 2012
Gear Addict
I hope that UAD RenComp will be released soon(())
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

I read some of these threads and I really think people don't understand that UAD opened up their platform to third party developers. UAD didn't code this Sonnox did.

I don't understand when people are saying I wish UAD would spend their time going to 64 bit or coding other plugins.

I wish Sonnox would spend their time updating their native plugs to be VST3 compatible rather than doing this but we all have our opinions.

p.s. you can have as many eq plugins as ya want and Sonnox will still be up there with the best.
Old 25th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb View Post
I don't understand when people are saying I wish UAD would spend their time going to 64 bit or coding other plugins.
That would be because until the 64 bit is delivered ... i am not really using any of my UAD cards.

This was my struggle between 32 and 64 bit Logic...and for me 64 bit won.
UAD need to make another announcement regarding time frames for the 64 bit.

I'm pretty upset about the whole thing....

I have bought all the stupid plugins and responded to all the emails about special offers by buying into this collection only to be in a position where i do not use a single instance of any of them.

And what do i get in compensation?

Not a single UAD employee has even mentiond 64 bit here for months and months...''sweet F A''...thats the next plugin range i feel sure....it will be an empty... silent .... brown cardboard box styled plugin....a placebo....just for us mugs...
with two buttons both labeled ''off '' and a knob that falls off every time you try to turn it....a nightmare basically.
Old 25th August 2012
Gear Maniac

We're on 6.3, if 6.4 isn't the 64bit release I'll eat my hat.

I should buy a hat.

I'm on Pro Tools, and Pro Tools STILL isn't 64bit yet! UA only recently did a proper RTAS implementation, and now they need to do AAX versions to be 64bit ready for Pro Tools 11. I do feel sorry for these developers sometimes.

When I have Pro Tools 11 64 bit, and AAX 64bit UAD plugins that support Audiosuite, I will be very happy.
Old 25th August 2012
Gear Head

[QUOTE=
When I have Pro Tools 11 64 bit, and AAX 64bit UAD plugins that support Audiosuite, I will be very happy.[/QUOTE]

If only but sadly audio suite will never ever ever be available for UAD sadly
:(
Always wear a tasty hat though!
Old 26th August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
That would be because until the 64 bit is delivered ... i am not really using any of my UAD cards.

This was my struggle between 32 and 64 bit Logic...and for me 64 bit won.
UAD need to make another announcement regarding time frames for the 64 bit.

I'm pretty upset about the whole thing....

I have bought all the stupid plugins and responded to all the emails about special offers by buying into this collection only to be in a position where i do not use a single instance of any of them.

And what do i get in compensation?

Not a single UAD employee has even mentiond 64 bit here for months and months...''sweet F A''...thats the next plugin range i feel sure....it will be an empty... silent .... brown cardboard box styled plugin....a placebo....just for us mugs...
with two buttons both labeled ''off '' and a knob that falls off every time you try to turn it....a nightmare basically.
I thought they said 64bit will be available this year. Patience young dog.

My post was referring to people complaining about UAD releasing third party plugins raher than spending their time porting to 64bit and the fact is this is Sonnox's plugin not UAD's.
Old 26th August 2012
And Sonnox is 64bit AU/VST/AAX-audiosuite... Go figure
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search