The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
B2 New Reverb
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Software B2 New Reverb

Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Daaaaammmnnnn....Andrew is back at it again! Looks killer.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Will look closer into B2, Love the new 2CAudio website design, very cool.

I currently don't have any of 2CAudio products, but I feel I soon will be using B2
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Wow you guys are fast!

All existing customers should receive an email with more details and cross-grade info from Aether, Breeze, and the Perfect Storm. Following is the product info.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

We are very proud to introduce you to B2. B2 is the third child in our prodigious lineage of world-class reverbs and spatial processors. It was a ton of work, and we are very pleased with the results and think you will be too:

2CAudio - B2 | Fully Body. Maximum Attitude.

B2 is a modular dual-engine, non-linear spatial processor featuring built-in harmonic distortion and flexible dynamics. It is our most advanced plug-in to date and is capable of both mind-bending creative effects that defy classification as well as stunningly lush reverbs. Its modular design enables an almost infinite variety of sonic possibilities.

It has some really cool and unique features that we think you will love:

• Two identical and independent engines
• Pervasive non-linearity and controlled randomness providing unique character and excitement
• Non-linear distortion ranging from subtle saturation to extreme bit-crushing
• Parallel as well as serial and hybrid configurations via Cascade
• Modular design that gives limitless configurations and minimizes CPU usage
• Extreme range in density varying from a single delay to full white noise as well as complex & clustered IRs
• Two dynamics modules providing Gating, Ducking, Auto Gain, and more
• Well-designed and ergonomic GUI which organizes deep complexity into a simple and enjoyable workflow
• Huge number of novel and unique Damping and EQ filter types
• Complex and Extreme Stereo Modes
• Advanced Conservation of Energy scheme that maintains RMS levels when editing presets
• Comprehensive Factory Presets and Preset Browser
• Engine Templates to facilitate preset design
• Ability to load Breeze presets as Engine Presets
• Dynamics sub-preset system that is distinct from engine presets to allow mix-and-match preset creation
• 2x & 4x Oversampling
• Double Precision 64bit DSP
• Band-limited Interpolation
• Proprietary Spectral Modulation
• Variable Quality Modes
• Extreme Off-line Render Modes
• 64bit Host/OS Support on Windows (forthcoming on OSX)
• Optional global saturation and soft-limiting for added character and color

For those of you who are numerically minded, B2 sports some pretty darn impressive stats. First let's talk presets.

1,141 Total Factory Resources including:

672 Factory Presets in 25 classes
96 Dynamics Presets in 7 classes
54 Engine Templates in 8 classes
319 Engine Presets in 12 classes from Breeze 1.1

Presets are a great starting point, but once you become more familiar with B2's workflow you will want to take note of the immense number of modular options it offers making it undoubtedly one of the most versatile spatial processors on the market:

2 identical and completely independent engines
36 damping and 30 EQ filter choices
33 Attitude types with 4 different routings
4 Density modes and 12 Contour modes
2 Modulation modes and 3 Modulation densities
4 Dynamics modes and 4 Dynamics routings
Amount of inspiration and enjoyment: priceless

Please see the web listing above for full details and explanations of all the exciting new features. There are a ton of details to digest.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Regarding the question about Into pricing etc:

Deals: Save And Save Alike On New Faces and Old Friends

Have fifty bucks on us in August! All 2CAudio products have special pricing in the month of August. From August 01, 2012 to September 01, 2012 the following pricing is active:

B2 Introductory Pricing: $199.95. (Save $50)

End of Summer, Count Down to 64bit OSX formats Special:

Aether: $199.95. (Save $50)
Breeze: $99.95 (Save $50)
The Perfect Storm 2.0 $449.95 ( Save $50)

Existing Aether or Breeze customers can get an additional $50 off these prices during August. ($50 Cross-grade discount is permanent, only the intro/end of summer discount expired. ) Details were in the email you should have received if you are an existing customer.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The Perfect Storm Bundle: Use the Right Tool For The Right Job.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The Perfect Storm Bundle has been updated to version 2.0. It now includes:

Aether
B2
Breeze
All Aether Preset Expansions

The pricing for the updated bundle is $499.95. This saves approximately $200 as compared to purchasing all items separately giving a savings of roughly 30%. This is one seriously powerful bundle of tools and is used daily by the world's leading artists, composers, producers and engineers.

Perfect Storm 1.0 Customers may upgrade to Perfect Storm 2.0 for $99.95 during the intro period which ends Sept 01, 2012, or $149.95 thereafter.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Cool - I wil check it out - Aether's is one of my goto's over here....
Old 2nd August 2012
Am I the first person to buy this?
I gotta say, it only took 10 minutes with this puppy before I pulled out my wallet.

Well done Andrew & Denis! The tight sounds (rooms & ambiences) are really nice.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Brilliant stuff ! just checked out some of the demos , sounds amazing for sure . I have Aether . I'll have to dig into this a bit more later on .
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

i own already aether and breeze. every new plugin makes old stuff obsolete. instead of further improving those products, a new one is released. this game is too expensive for me and makes no sense. so i will not buy it, no matter how good it is.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Crossgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post
i own already aether and breeze. every new plugin makes old stuff obsolete. instead of further improving those products, a new one is released. this game is too expensive for me and makes no sense. so i will not buy it, no matter how good it is.
I think crossgrade is the best option. B2 uses much less CPU than Aether and sounds far better than Aether. B2 has completely different stereo from Aether and Breeze. So, only I need now is B2!

Thanks 2caudio for this masterpiece software.

Sounds fantastic!
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
I think crossgrade is the best option. B2 uses much less CPU than Aether and sounds far better than Aether. B2 has completely different stereo from Aether and Breeze. So, only I need now is B2!

Sounds fantastic!
Den, we're very sorry for all the sleep you're about to lose

-SD
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdefault View Post
Den, we're very sorry for all the sleep you're about to lose

-SD
Heheheheee.
I already did.... About 170 presets in single engine bank is ready, so don't worry be happy.There will be no more posting presets here anymore.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Souter View Post
Wow you guys are fast!

All existing customers should receive an email with more details and cross-grade info from Aether, Breeze, and the Perfect Storm. Following is the product info.
Thanks Andrew. You've done exceptional work with this. We're eagerly awaiting the 64 bit releases.

-SD
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Heheheheee.
I already did.... About 170 presets in single engine bank is ready, so don't worry be happy.There will be no more posting presets here anymore.
I'm looking forward to your presets! Let us know wherever you plan to post them

-SD
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm looking forward to your presets! Let us know wherever you plan to post them

-SD
Actually it is already inside of B2. Single engine presets.

It was my contribution to this amazing reverb.
Old 2nd August 2012
Gear maniac

Geez, I have to say I'm a big fan of Aether and Breeze but I am a bit disappointed that this has been released as a separate product. It really replaces either breeze (breeze presets work in it) or Aether. (Den basically just said so.)

I certainly don't mind paying for an upgrade but to release this as though it were not an evolutionary step in the current product line is very confusing. It seems that those of us who own the 2 plugins already available will never use all 3.

Paying the discounted price of $200 to make the plugins I currently own obsolete is certainly not an exciting prospect and very very confusing from my point of view.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Actually it is already inside of B2. Single engine presets.
Well, I've already previewed some of them then! Very nice as always! I'm extremely happy about this release.

-SD
Old 2nd August 2012
Gear Maniac

Since this: 2cAudi Aether now RTAS - Avid Audio Forums was never addressed in 2C, will this plug have the same issue?

I have to admit your verbs sound amazing but with all the bugs, and no updates they reside in my unused plugins folder.
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Since this: 2cAudi Aether now RTAS - Avid Audio Forums was never addressed in 2C, will this plug have the same issue?

I have to admit your verbs sound amazing but with all the bugs, and no updates they reside in my unused plugins folder.
There is a known issues document in the download you can reference.

-SD
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:

Sounds fantastic!
If there is a cost-attractive crossgrade option, something like 100$, I might take it.
Better if it had been called Ather 2.0

To be honest, I never use it, only Breeze,
that one I like and it is more 3D to my ears.
Old 2nd August 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
There is a known issues document in the download you can reference.

-SD
Why? So I can read about the problem I know exists?

I was asking if the new plug will have the same issues as the old one.

Thanks though.......
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronwasserman View Post
Why? So I can read about the problem I know exists?

I was asking if the new plug will have the same issues as the old one.

Thanks though.......

You inquired if B2 will have the issue, yet you say you know it exists?

I do appreciate you saying thanks though, as I was simply trying to help.

-SD
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthpark View Post

Hate to be whiny but I feel exactly the same way. Aether is still a fine, fine verb. And really, how much is this 'new and better' verb going to improve my mixes compared to Aether? Minimal.
Old 2nd August 2012
Gear addict

As far as I understand it devs can't just call it Aether 2 either, because as far as they are concerned, and perhaps we will in due course, they have different features, coding, sonics, etc. In a way it's like comparing Shure SM58 to SM57, different products. People that bought Aether should not feel 'abandoned' just because 2caudio released a 'better', I don't know better or not or just different, plugin. You still have a fantastic sounding plug in IMHO.
Old 2nd August 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Rowlands View Post
As far as I understand it devs can't just call it Aether 2 either, because as far as they are concerned, and perhaps we will in due course, they have different features, coding, sonics, etc. In a way it's like comparing Shure SM58 to SM57, different products. People that bought Aether should not feel 'abandoned' just because 2caudio released a 'better', I don't know better or not or just different, plugin. You still have a fantastic sounding plug in IMHO.
Certainly they can call it whatever they want to call it, but some of us have been in there from the beginning and bought the whole package.

Our "discount" price is the same as if we'd only bought one plug. Buying B2 when you have only one of the other 2 kinda makes sense as it is, but to own Breeze, Aether, their additional paid presets, then to get the same level discount for something that will literally replace both plugs we've already bought is .... hmmm
Old 2nd August 2012
Gear Maniac

Is this verb totally algorithmic or are there IR's as well?
Old 2nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, I've already previewed some of them then! Very nice as always! I'm extremely happy about this release.

-SD
Thanks.
I spent one month to make them while I was beta tester.

Just to say Stereo on B2 is more advanced than on Breeze and Aether.
It has completely different sound and possibilities.

Output limiter can be used like saturation effect. I like Sat II on +6db and Soft SatII.

Dot on the Width when switched ON reverses phase on one channel .
Dot on the Cross when switched ON reverses sides only on Late Reflections

Oversampling when switched 2x uses far less CPU than Aether.
B2 is the same like Breeze on CPU on single engine, and modular design, so if you don't need something, you can just switch it off.
You can use gate to create gated halls.
So much in one plugin indeed.

Check the Lush Hall and Expert Hall on single engine halls.

On the info page make oversampling "per preset" and it will follow presets like they are designed.
Old 2nd August 2012
Gear Addict

I bought Aether because I liked Aether. I don't have a big budget, but after hearing the audio demo of B2 on their site, I'll probably be demoing it soon and may end up buying it as well, even though I only bought Aether two months ago. Aether was value enough to beat out the many other reverb choices available to me at the time.

If another company came out with B2, there would be no issue here. Since 2cAudio already has a stunning product, are they not allowed to come out with new and even more stunning products?

They're offering a reasonable deal until the end of the month for people who already own Aether. They're being very cool, I think. If I find that B2 usurps Aether, more power to it!

Thanks, 2cAudio. Sounding great so far!
Old 2nd August 2012
Gear addict

I am certain that amazing results can be achieved with both Aether and B2, music first, tools second. There will always be technological advancements, doesn't mean we have to buy them all. I have RME Fireface, now Apollo is out I want it, but music won't be any better, as I already own quality plugins that sound great. I can do without it. In a context of a full mix - if you believe that B2 will get you noticeably better results then just buy it, if in doubt then leave it. Companies price products the way they think's best for the customer and company's revenues/profit margins. Sometimes we think they take the p... with their pricing policies, sometimes they surprise us with their generosity. Look at Sean Costello's module, all his updates are free, yet if he brings out a new plug nobody complains, because he charges $50 for his plugins and no discounts offered on bundles, 2CAudio do offer discounts on bundled deals. Basically, if you feel that you need it just buy it with discount offered
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search