The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Alta Moda AM-25 Equalizer
Old 27th November 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by erol View Post
Thanks. Like the Elysia or Bettermaker maybe?
Those both look designed for the purpose, so yeah. I think each of those are different design philosophies, and there are some other options out there to consider - JLM, FiveFish, Lindell and Cartec have 500-series stuff that fits the bill.

None of those will make as flexible tracking/mixing eq's as the AM-25, though (maybe the Elysia), so that's the tradeoff.
Old 1st December 2013
Lives for gear

Who's still using this eq as mixing eq?
Any pros and cons?
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear Maniac

I use mine for mixing and tracking. Pros: sounds great, Cons: I only have one. :p
Old 16th July 2014
Gear Addict

Sorry to bump this thread, I recently purchased this EQ, maiy as a surgical EQ. Its my first tool for mixing otb. It seems very transparent from what I can tell. Does anyone feel like they have to really get familiar with the Q's? When I started changing the Q size to make it more narrow according to the grphic but it seemed to be doing the opposite. Anybody else have the same thing happening? Forgot to mention, it feels like the knobs are cheap.
Old 16th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuyLocs602 View Post
Sorry to bump this thread, I recently purchased this EQ, maiy as a surgical EQ. Its my first tool for mixing otb. It seems very transparent from what I can tell. Does anyone feel like they have to really get familiar with the Q's? When I started changing the Q size to make it more narrow according to the grphic but it seemed to be doing the opposite. Anybody else have the same thing happening? Forgot to mention, it feels like the knobs are cheap.
If suggest returning the Q knobs to a default position every time you use the eq- somewhere around 1 (1.2 is an octave) is pretty useful. Then tweak the Q last to see if it improves things one way or the other. It sounds right to me. The bigger numbers are more narrow.

The knobs are plastic. I think they wisely saved expense on the external bits so they could hit a price point.
Old 11th February 2019
Lives for gear

You folks still digging the AM-25? Any new alternatives for a versatile 500 series console EQ?
Old 11th August 2019
Gear Head

I’m really pleased with these, everything you run through it sounds fuller. It’s smoother than I expected. I really judge EQ’s on heavy guitars listening for the upper mid high end character graininess and clarity, these are nice. Very easy on the ear and it loves max boost
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Head

Seems very similar to the MAAG design
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search