The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Liquid Notes - New Offline Version and price reduction!
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Liquid Notes - New Offline Version and price reduction!

Just got this in the mail today:

We were listening to you closely. You left us a plain message: "Make Liquid Notes available offline!". Thank you for being so clear and persistent!
It took us a while to take that in, but today we bring you just that: Liquid Notes is now available as offline version for your desktop, and comes with a limited time special offer for EUR 139 (incl. VAT) / USD 149 (excl. sales tax).

And it looks like they made it right with this re-release:

Customers who purchased Liquid Notes in the past will receive a voucher equalling the price difference, which may be used for future product upgrades.

Liquid Notes - Liquid Notes
I think this is great great news personally, as LN is a amazing tool that can really take a song/composition further!

That online only requirement was a bit of a buzz kill for people with no internet in their studio or on the go so this should clear the path for better compositions!
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Excellent !
i enjoyed the previous demo, but didn't like the unnecessary hassle of having to be online all the time to use it... And the price is more reasonable now too. I'll certainly purchase it this week.
Old 22nd May 2012
Gear interested

Continuation of previous thread - Liquid Notes - music intelligence.

LIQUID NOTES. Now available as offline version for your desktop.

We have just released a major upgrade for our music intelligence software Liquid Notes: it is now available as offline version for your desktop, and supports all major operating systems (Mac, Windows, Linux). Starting today you can produce awesome music from anywhere and take your artistic potential to the peak!

First, and foremost, a big thank you to all of you here for being clear and persistent in telling us that our software needed to go offline. It took us a while to take that in, and was a lot of work to make that happen, but the bottom line is: YOU ARE RIGHT! Liquid Notes now runs as any other desktop software - no more connection to the Internet required!

More than that, many of you also complained about the price: we also took that in, thus Liquid Notes comes with a special offer for EUR 139 (incl. VAT) / USD 149 (excl. sales tax). You can purchase it on our website today, simply hit the "buy"-button.

Customers who purchased Liquid Notes in the past will receive a voucher equalling the price difference, which may be used for future product upgrades.

Beyond that, here is the list of features that many of you love so much and know already:

- Substitute chords for a nonstandard listening experience.
- Add more color by increasing chord tensions.
- Change chord functions to keep the piece exciting throughout.
- Design captivating chord progressions and cadences.
- Create polyphonic melody lines or improvise live to your piece.

And here some new features we packed into Liquid Notes version 1.2:
- Complete functionality now accessible offline (no more Internet connection required)
- Problems with reharmonization of Minor melodic / harmonic solved
- Scale changes optimized for chord substitutions
- Problems transposing templates solved
- Default value of "Force Harmony" changed for melody and bass tracks
- Warning when importing harmony and melody parts on one track
- Minor bug fixes

Tutorial videos and other related material can be found here.

We believe that everyone should be able to create great music. Liquid Notes is our take on that - it assists you in doing that and opens the doors to entirely new worlds of creative possibilities.

We hope you enjoy the NEW Liquid Notes!

Best,
Re-Compose Team

YouTube: Re-Compose Official Channel
Facebook: Liquid Notes
Old 22nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Is it possible to re-demo the program if we've already done the initial 2 week trial?

thanks
Old 22nd May 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakestyle View Post
Is it possible to re-demo the program if we've already done the initial 2 week trial?
Yes, of course. Please send a message to support@recompose.com and let us know the email you registered for with the old trial version.

Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2012
hct
Gear interested

Damn you!!! Online requirement was a deal breaker for me and now this ... As far as I can see, 139€/149$ price is there for limited time only. How long? I'm out of financial resources at the moment .
Old 23rd May 2012
Gear Head

The special offer will remain active until 31-July 2012. From there we'll see, 'cause we want to make this thing affordable for you folks. And overall, we want to give you a great piece of software.

Looking forward to some feedback from all of you on the NEW Liquid Notes.

Thanks,
bliquid25
Old 30th May 2012
Gear interested

Hi fellow gear enthusiasts,

Thanks for your continuous interest in Liquid Notes.

As you're probably aware we've reshaped the intestines of the software so it can be completely used offline now. No more internet connection is required. The analysis engine's become more powerful and it's undergoing constant improvement and expansion.

Visit Liquid Notes - Liquid Notes to check out our free, fully-functional, and unrestricted 30-day trial version. Let us know what you think, how you use the program, etc. Share your thoughts (and even music) with us. Mail your feedback to support@re-compose.com. We'd appreciate your opinion.

We've adjusted our pricing policy and options: purchases are possible in dollars and euros now. For a limited time we're offering the software for less. Special edu pricing for school teachers, college lecturers, and students is available. See our website for details.

Have fun with Liquid Notes. We know it's potential. The spark's already flown over to many in the music world.
We're inviting you to become part of it, too.

Best,
Stefan (founder & CEO, Re-Compose)
Old 6th June 2012
Gear interested

I'm more than a little concerned by the actions taken by people most likely associated with Liquid Notes. Over on Sonikmatter, we were hit by a shill a few days ago, and since it was so blatant, several of us responded critically. Then the owner ReCoTopDog joined so he/she could tell us how offended he/she was by our critical questions.

Someone from the same IP address as ReCoTopDog has recently been posting faux interest posts about Liquid Notes to several different music related websites. Just to clarify the word 'shill', here's the opening quote from the Wikipedia article on it:

Quote:
A shill, plant, or stooge is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that he has a close relationship with that person or organization. Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. Plant and stooge more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).

Shilling is illegal in many circumstances and in many jurisdictions because of the frequently fraudulent and damaging character of the shill's actions. However, if a shill does not place uninformed parties at a risk of loss, but merely generates "buzz", the shill's actions may be legal. For example, a person planted in an audience to laugh and applaud when desired (see claque), or to participate in on-stage activities as a "random member of the audience", is a type of legal shill.

"Shill" can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws. In this sense, they would be an implicit "shill" for the industry at large, possibly because their income is tied to its prosperity. The origin of the term shill is uncertain; it may be an abbreviation of shillaber. The word originally denoted a carnival worker who pretended to be a member of the audience in an attempt to elicit interest in an attraction. Some sources trace the usage back to 1914.
Now these posts using similar if not exactly the same wordings are easy to spot as the poster will have just signed up with the website in question. And each time, the User name will be quite different. The owner of Liquid Notes, ReCoTopDog has been asked to come clean with the fact that someone in the organization is acting as a shill. Seeing as how the action insults our intelligence (at best) and is very likely illegal (at worst) I would like to ask ReCoTopDog to speak up and either deny all association with the various shills or come clean with the truth about their knowledge of this unsavory activity. Any action can be forgiven if honesty and transparency are engaged. Especially if the apology includes a willingness to cease and desist such questionable tactics.

Now I have no vested interest in the quality or lack thereof of the Liquid Notes software, and I also have admired the way it was introduced on this website as well as additional level headed responses to some rather immature posters/trolls. My concern comes more from a desire to keep the music related websites that I use all the time be kept free of unsavory practices.

If for some reason the shill who is writing from the same IP as Liquid Notes (that means within a kilometer if not the same building) is a total coincidence, then I truly apologize and retract everything that I've implied here. Seeing as how ReCoTopDog has refused to come clean on Sonikmatter (one way or the other) I would like to ask him/her on this site to please respond to the allegations.

Should anyone be interested in reading the Sonikmatter thread, it can be found here:

Liquid Notes- change your harmonies - Sonikmatter

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Stephen

Old 6th June 2012
Lives for gear

Followed the link to view the drama and am appalled at the way the ADMIN. at another site would handle such an issue with any poster (developer or otherwise).
The ridiculous use of typing vulgarity and the temper it precedes is a neon sign of character.
In whatever way Liquid-Notes has chosen to promote their product is on them. If they have broken specific and stated rules of any forum, they would just be deleted-end of story.
Its actually good to know ahead of time that that other website should be avoided.
btw-my IP Address is in Los Angeles, CA-no connection whatsoever to Liquid-Notes (other than owning the product since it came out).
atb,
kjb
Old 6th June 2012
Lives for gear

a U-TURN of apoplectic proportion.

Re: The Previous Thread...

....which is 95% you defending why the software was CLOUD based, which led to some remarkable claims by your good self about algorithms and PC power and lots of other nonsense which now shows (beyond unreasonable doubt) none of it was true!

and someone has been caught on Sonik by Clif! funny, thats like feeding a man to the Lions.

Good Luck but I am out...
Old 6th June 2012
Gear interested

Just a note as I don't like to go to other sites to have to defend my actions. I have also never advertised my site anywhere except word of mouth...I find it in bad taste to do so (and I like my site small with a few great people, instead of large with a lot...it's taken me years to cut the site back to something manageable!)

That said, WalkToTheWater -- you seem to be more upset about the honest words someone says, than you do about the fact that someone came on with a product and tried to deceive musicians? Ok...I don't like advertisers lying to my loyal readers (or even the ones that hate me!) If someone blatently lies to my audience, it is my OBLIGATION to bring it to the public. I privately asked the 'two' to respond to my request for an apology and I was blasted publicly without actually addressing the issue. I even offered to delete the thread if they came clean.

BBD -- I have heard wonderful things about this software. However, deception makes me leery of actually wanting to put money into something that the owners aren't willing to tell the truth about. If it is great software, no need to lie about STUPID things. If you lie about the little things, what else is there going to be? Advertising and promotion should never be an excuse to lie...advertising should be an excuse to say I'M AWESOME AND I WROTE AN AWESOME PROGRAM AND YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU AREN'T USING IT!!!!111!!!11!!elevenses!!!!11!!

Again, I apologize...I try to normally keep my business to my own site. GS is a great site and one with great administrators and awesome readers...and I encourage them to delete this if they feel fit.
Old 6th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif View Post
Just a note as I don't like to go to other sites to have to defend my actions. I have also never advertised my site anywhere except word of mouth...I find it in bad taste to do so (and I like my site small with a few great people, instead of large with a lot...it's taken me years to cut the site back to something manageable!)

That said, WalkToTheWater -- you seem to be more upset about the honest words someone says, than you do about the fact that someone came on with a product and tried to deceive musicians? Ok...I don't like advertisers lying to my loyal readers (or even the ones that hate me!) If someone blatently lies to my audience, it is my OBLIGATION to bring it to the public. I privately asked the 'two' to respond to my request for an apology and I was blasted publicly without actually addressing the issue. I even offered to delete the thread if they came clean.

BBD -- I have heard wonderful things about this software. However, deception makes me leery of actually wanting to put money into something that the owners aren't willing to tell the truth about. If it is great software, no need to lie about STUPID things. If you lie about the little things, what else is there going to be? Advertising and promotion should never be an excuse to lie...advertising should be an excuse to say I'M AWESOME AND I WROTE AN AWESOME PROGRAM AND YOU ARE AN IDIOT IF YOU AREN'T USING IT!!!!111!!!11!!elevenses!!!!11!!

Again, I apologize...I try to normally keep my business to my own site. GS is a great site and one with great administrators and awesome readers...and I encourage them to delete this if they feel fit.
Well, if you would have responded like that, I wouldn't have even bothered to post about it
Old 6th June 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by .walktothewater. View Post
Well, if you would have responded like that, I wouldn't have even bothered to post about it
Heh! Why would I have posted reasonably to someone lying to my readers and costing me money to do so?

I have a responsibility to respond reasonably to you guys...you haven't done anything for me not to respond angrily to! Well, at least here...on my own site, I am expected to troll my readers...they've come to expect me not being reasonable!

Keep being awesome WTTW...are you on snk too? What username so I can make fun of you there next time I see you!
Old 6th June 2012
Lives for gear

Unfortunately, it was your attitude that completely overshadowed your sentiment-and as The Administrator of your own website, it may pay you mind to be a little more diplomatic in your responses to ANY of your posters, if you want them to respect what you are saying. I've NEVER defended the actions of the dev., so I'm not sure why your turning your sarcasm this way but thanks for reminding me how awesome I am.
I AM, though, giving an honest opinion I had yesterday when directed to a random link regarding a product I've been using since it came out. I don't use it very much and there has been quite a price-drop, but I've never posted to bitch and moan and to pick fights about it.

Your tone here @GS, seems like you either had alot less coffee or more sleep.
I was giving you a compliment in my previous post.

And, I've never heard of your website before yesterday, as hard as that may be for you to believe and don't plan on ever going back

good day from sunny LA
Old 7th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBackDrop View Post
Re: The Previous Thread...

....which is 95% you defending why the software was CLOUD based, which led to some remarkable claims by your good self about algorithms and PC power and lots of other nonsense which now shows (beyond unreasonable doubt) none of it was true!
In that thread they stated that it will work but they didn't wanted to have to support every different spec out there.

I imagine after rampant requests of making it offline and more time to test the analysis engine on more computers they've decided to make it happen offline after all.

I'm using the new version and it's a lovely unique tool and it's really great that they made it possible offline.
I really hope more people see the way this can really help their compositions. Only downside for many people that are just starting composing is that this software only works with what you already have as midi and provides suggestions based on your overall harmonic relations. This SW does not help you start a song but it can help you make more interesting and appropriate chord changes.

IMO this is a forward thinking company that invest more into the software itself than advertising it.

About that thread and the way the mod acted it's just too embarrassing to read.
Old 25th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clif View Post

never heard of your site SONIKMATTER...but if you are the MOD then i can see why.

is all this fuss over the statement that it was to complicated to take an important LN function / process off line...and now they have managed it...MADE A GREAT VERSION...AND DROPPED THE PRICE...SO I COULD BUY IT.....???!!
get a life man.... are you the ' truth police' round here?...kicking a good company in the nuts before they are out the gate...
that is very sad IMHO....very...
SONIKMATTER seems like a waste of time....now...google will find my post soon enough!
Old 25th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsyevolod View Post
I'm more than a little concerned by the actions taken by people most likely associated with Liquid Notes. Over on Sonikmatter, we were hit by a shill a few days ago, and since it was so blatant, several of us responded critically. Then the owner ReCoTopDog joined so he/she could tell us how offended he/she was by our critical questions....blah blah blah...blah...blah blah...e.t.c

If for some reason the shill who is writing from the same IP as Liquid Notes (that means within a kilometer if not the same building) is a total coincidence..blah blah...e.t.c

Stephen
oh really he/she Stephen..and you enjoy collecting IP address's do you...?...how very interesting ...(not)...go dig a hole...
Old 25th June 2012
Lives for gear

Just dropped this...seems like a good thing and very well thought through...shame i can't use it on both my machines though...the code is only good for a single machine it seems.
These tools make being a frustrated composer much more possible....i mean...like.....more full of possibilities!...i mean.. possibly less frustrating....!
Old 26th June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruffydog View Post
Just dropped this...seems like a good thing and very well thought through...shame i can't use it on both my machines though...the code is only good for a single machine it seems.
These tools make being a frustrated composer much more possible....i mean...like.....more full of possibilities!...i mean.. possibly less frustrating....!
You can use it on another machine if you de-authorize it.
Only problem is that you have to remember to always deauth if you have the two machines apart from each other.

As for the composing you will see that if you start to get used with the workflow you will be rewarded with a lot of amazing progressions and most importantly you have a big influence in that outcome and it will clear a lot of frustrations.

Can't wait to see how further I can get and how much I will learn with this SW.
Old 29th June 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
@scruffydog
By default we grant you a license for installation on two computers - desktop, or laptop. There should not be any need for de-authorizing it, as with the switch to Liquid Notes v1.2 we removed that problem.

We are checking if there is any problem in our license management system. Meanwhile, may I ask you to send an email to support@re-compose.com so we can get in touch with you?

Thanks,
bliquid25
Old 29th June 2012
Lives for gear

cool..will do....thanks!
just that when i tried to activate the second install it told me the licence was already in use.

I'll have to re install it on my second machine now...and hopefully get it running soon.
Old 29th June 2012
Gear Addict

I haven't been able to find any concrete evidence that Liquid Notes works well with Sonar. I signed up for the demo a few hours ago, but havn't received a dl link yet. Can you confirm LN is compatible with X1?
Old 30th June 2012
Gear Head

@TheHydrilla

Indeed, we haven't tested Liquid Notes for compatibility with Sonar yet. I'm adding it to our list of to do's.

Meanwhile, if you want to give it a spin you can download the software for your OS at www.re-compose.com/support.html. Scroll down to the section 'software' and find the files for download there. In that very same section you'll also find demo music and tutorials.

Normally all this would be sent along with the automatic email notifications, and you'd receive the link to the software for your OS only.

Did you check your email spam folder? Would be nice to know if you received those.

Best,
Bliquid25
Old 30th June 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hydrilla View Post
[..] I signed up for the demo a few hours ago, but havn't received a dl link yet. [..]
FYI - We identified a small bug with our website that caused it to switch back to the Liquid Notes product page rather than showing "Download Successful" after entering your details and clicking the "submit"-button for the trial version.

We're sorry for that, this might have caused some confusion with many of you here - the bug has been fixed. However, even without the fix you should have always received an email from us after clicking the "submit"-button as this was not affected by it.

bliquid25
Old 30th June 2012
Gear Addict

thanks for the response. nothing in spam from yesterday, but had an instant response when trying today. will let you know how sonar compatibility works out.
Old 1st July 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hydrilla View Post
thanks for the response. nothing in spam from yesterday, but had an instant response when trying today. will let you know how sonar compatibility works out.
Thanks for the info. Liquid Notes worked well so far with most sequencers - however, please get in touch with us at support@re-compose.com if you need help or experience any trouble. We're happy to help, and we should be able to test the compatibility with Sonar soon too!

cheers,
bliquid25
Old 9th July 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
[..]I'll have to re install it on my second machine now...and hopefully get it running soon.
@scruffydog

Checking back with you - Did you get in touch with us? Not sure, haven't seen any such request coming into support.

Would love to sort that out for you!

thanks,
bliquid25
Old 10th July 2012
Lives for gear

cheers bliquid, I must say I'm still intruiged by your product and look to see continued support (not abandonware) as well as any other additions you might be cooking up (and sales are also really good )
Old 11th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliquid25 View Post
@scruffydog

Checking back with you - Did you get in touch with us? Not sure, haven't seen any such request coming into support.

Would love to sort that out for you!

thanks,
bliquid25
message sent...thanks!
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search