The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Massey L2007 Mastering Limiter plug-in now released Dynamics Plugins
Old 24th October 2006
I'd like to see a parametric EQ. You could call it the "masseyburg".
Old 25th October 2006
Lives for gear

I really hope he will change his mind about supporting AU too...
Old 25th October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by structuredloud View Post
I'd like to see a parametric EQ. You could call it the "masseyburg".
or the MasseyPassey ...

ruudman
Old 15th December 2006
Gear Addict

gain reduction hold indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreªs View Post
Steve, I'd find it quite helpful to see the maximum limiting that actually takes place during a song.

Maybe when clicking on „reduction“ the maximum of limiting is shown. Or some hidden value window? Or whatever.

Or am I missing something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound and form View Post
No, you're right. It definitely needs this. I was just helping my roommate do a fast, rough mixdown this morning and wishing for the same thing I'll be sure to include it with the next update.

Steve
Steve,
I just realized that there is a new version out...

Including the reduction indicator I was asking for! WOW! thumbsup

Awesome support!!!!!

Jules, why did you remove the new thanks function? Would need it right now!

Andreas
Old 5th February 2007
Lives for gear

THANK YOU!

I just read the review in the last Tape Op...Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!stike stike stike
Old 6th February 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

lots of mention about VT3 in this thread, so...

The thing about boosting the treble with vt3 is it doesn't sound as digital and harsh as almost all of the other plug-in eqs I've tried:

Digi EQ3, URS, Filterbank, even stupidly-named "Frequalizer" [Eqium] again fuuck Roger Nichols, and I don't much care for the HF section of AirEQ at all <---people rave about its highs but they are the harshest I've ever heard.

Vt3 gets silky and brighter, adding crisp definition but without alot of grainy-ness. Very good for a plug-in at any price.
Old 9th March 2007
Lives for gear

Tested L2007 against Maxim, L2, and Oxford Limiter. WAY better than Maxim... Noticable difference on the plus side against L2, I cant tell if I like the Sony or the 2007 more. the 2007 has more functionality, so that's a plus... WAY WAY WAY cheaper than the sony... hummmm..... L2007 kicks serious ass. Great work, Massey. I have bookmarked your site and am eagerly awaiting more stuff!
Old 9th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax View Post
and I don't much care for the HF section of AirEQ at all <---people rave about its highs but they are the harshest I've ever heard.

Vt3 gets silky and brighter, adding crisp definition but without alot of grainy-ness. Very good for a plug-in at any price.
completely disagree. i use them side by side all the time and theyre both amazing. i know this is a massey thread, but thats a complete misrepresentation of AirEQ IMO(your mileage is varying a bit) harsh is the last word i would ever use to describe this EQ. both the massey and Air have fantastically smooth highs

my favorite thing about the VT3 is the mid band. talk about insant badassness in a knob
Old 9th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruudman View Post
or the MasseyPassey ...

ruudman
How about the "ClasseyMassey"!!

Old 10th March 2007
All of the Massey plugins are excellent.

Well worth the money.
Old 13th March 2007
Gear Maniac

Just had a thought about the Vst issue......

I for one would be willing to pay upfront for these as vst. We could do it like a group buy, when it reaches a level where it's worth their time to do the recompiling then we get the vst version but it doesn't go on general release?

Hey it's a thought, what do you think?

Scoobz
Old 13th March 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz View Post

I for one would be willing to pay upfront for these as vst. We could do it like a group buy, when it reaches a level where it's worth their time to do the recompiling then we get the vst version but it doesn't go on general release?

I would absolutely be part of a pre-buy to help finance the development of AU/VST versions.
Old 13th March 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm5k View Post
completely disagree. i use them side by side all the time and theyre both amazing. i know this is a massey thread, but thats a complete misrepresentation of AirEQ IMO(your mileage is varying a bit) harsh is the last word i would ever use to describe this EQ. both the massey and Air have fantastically smooth highs

my favorite thing about the VT3 is the mid band. talk about insant badassness in a knob
No, it's YOU who's wrong! There, I feel better. We hear different things, fellow slut. Try HF boosts with AirEQ on drum overheads if you haven't! To me, that's just HARSH.... Then try vt3. Much different.

But yes, the MID band on vt3 I agree about. Just makes a track "tougher." GREAT on snare. I usually do @ 4 with the mid, and 3-4 with the treble unless there is too much hat bleed.
Old 13th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Scoobz
I would be on that boat faster than someone who likes boats.
Old 14th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Scoobz
I think you may find it's not a money issue.

It's a time issue.

'Their' time is actually 'Steve's' time.

Remember he's a one man show.

But please, Steve, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth.
Old 15th March 2007
Gear Maniac

But surely there would be a crossover? I'm mean if he had 3K sat there, surely that would be the incentive needed?

Now to my understanding, the proliferation of cracked software is killing the industry and if it was me I personally would hate to see all my hard work, research and coding go to waste because of some cracker, That's why I suggested a limited release.

It seems to be a pretty good bunch of people on here and why would anyone want to pass on their 'exclusive' software? I think it's a good option, hell it would even be a selling point, one time offer etc.

I'm just shooting the breeze and I'm sure you'll find lots of pitfalls in my idea but at least I'm trying to find a solution that suits everyone.
Old 16th March 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Scoobz
I would join
Old 16th March 2007
Lives for gear

i just bought the plugin after using the demo for a long time, just wanna say i love it !!! cheers
Old 22nd March 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleen View Post
I would absolutely be part of a pre-buy to help finance the development of AU/VST versions.

So would I
Old 22nd March 2007
Gear Nut

Hey Steve, this is Bulent (digi folks used to call me BB). Keep up the good work!

Cheers,
Old 30th March 2007
Gear Nut

BUMP!

Don't think I saw this mentioned in this thread yet but the THC Analog Distortion Pedal is up on the page now - can't wait to try her out!

Side note, gotta love the name of this one!
Old 30th March 2007
Lives for gear

I think it's been out since last year.
Old 2nd April 2007
Jax
Lives for gear

oof
Old 10th April 2007
Gear Addict

Why are the demos for Tape head and L2007 not available??? I just went to the site to download them and they arn't on there all the other ones are?
Old 10th April 2007
Lives for gear

I don't know. Maybe he doesn't want us to have all the goodies without paying
Or maybe he removed them because he thought they needed maintenance.
Old 10th April 2007
Gear Addict

They are actually bundled with the other downloads, my mistake.
Old 7th May 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound and form View Post
...sorry to all the AU and VST users... for the time being, my plate is just way too full!
I'm sorry too Steve - I've been needing a decent AU Limiter for several months now and I would very much like to try yours based on all these good reviews, but I can't wait any longer so I'm going to have to go with a company that releases their plug-ins in AU Format, even if their product may not even be as good as yours.

That seems like a poor situation for me and for you, and it seems I'm not alone!

Are you able to make any sort of comment on this?
Old 7th May 2007
Lives for gear

He had this to say when I asked him in an interview we did.

Everyone not currently using Pro Tools wants to know, will you port your plug-ins to VST or AU?
I do want to port. The first release will probably be Tape-Head for AU. I hired a contract programmer recently to help out with that work, but it turned out they just didn’t have the availability to squeeze it in anytime soon. In any case, I am actively working on it.

So he's working on it, that's somewhat good news, right?
Old 7th May 2007
Lives for gear

Every time I see a new Massey thread I'm like, "Is it here for AU!!!?!"...no.

I'm glad to hear that it'll come in the future at least.
Old 7th May 2007
Lives for gear

I think the AU & VST beggars are getting ridiculous. You act as if Steve owes it to you to port them, just because you have money to spend. That might be ok, except he's just one man, and his background & experience is writing RTAS, not AU or VST. In addition, the amount of work involved in porting RTAS to VST/AU and vice versa is a lot greater than VST to AU, or AU to VST. The code has to basically be re-written from the ground up. That's why you see mention of an AU coder that fell through. He can't do it himself. He's working on new RTAS plugins, giving support to the users of his currently available plugins, and testing and fixing bugs on the plugs he has released. To expect him to be able to cater to you is just silly. He's already expressed interest in doing so, so I would expect it sometime in the future. But why try to make him feel like he has to answer to you because it hasn't come out yet? I don't get it. You could learn how to write AU yourself. Then contact Massey and tell him you'll port it for him. Those of us that use Pro Tools are grateful for the work he has already done. What's more, this guy would not have been able to write these plugins in any other format than RTAS, because that's what he knows how to write, not VST/AU. Just to drive the point home: This is one guy, who has written some of the most popular plugins to date, and sells them for dirt cheap. There is no development team, no company to speak of. In other words, he is busy, busier than most of us here.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search