The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Massey L2007 Mastering Limiter plug-in now released Dynamics Plugins
Old 15th August 2006
Lives for gear

tape delay...yummy!
Old 16th August 2006
Lives for gear

2nd the request for a de-esser!
Old 16th August 2006
Lives for gear

The only thing i want to get rid of Waves entirely is an alternative to the S1 Spatial Imager. i can roll my own mid-side system but it's not a shuffler with low-freq damping. There's DUY Wide, and...anything else?

BTW outstanding work Steve on these plugs. I hope to have $$$ for you shortly.
Old 16th August 2006
Gear Nut

You rock. I`m getting all of your plugs as soon as I´ve finished paying off my new preamp

I used the demo of L2007 on a metal trac while the band was listening in and they loved it.

You are my new favourite Plug-In manufacturer.
Thanks alot for making time-unlimited demos.

Old 17th August 2006
Gear Nut

EchoPlex..........Cool thumbsup

Thanks Steve!

George Ware
Old 17th August 2006
Gear Addict

Steve, I'd find it quite helpful to see the maximum limiting that actually takes place during a song.

Maybe when clicking on „reduction“ the maximum of limiting is shown. Or some hidden value window? Or whatever.

Or am I missing something?
Old 17th August 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreªs View Post
Steve, I'd find it quite helpful to see the maximum limiting that actually takes place during a song.

Maybe when clicking on „reduction“ the maximum of limiting is shown. Or some hidden value window? Or whatever.

Or am I missing something?
No, you're right. It definitely needs this. I was just helping my roommate do a fast, rough mixdown this morning and wishing for the same thing I'll be sure to include it with the next update.

Steve
Old 23rd August 2006
Lives for gear

Steve,

Congrats on the overwhelmingly positive write up in this months Sound On Sound!!!

They put the L2007 up against just about everything else out there costing many times and much, and they basically said the L2007 is as good as or in some cases even smokes the competition.

Don't ever sell out to the greedy corporate big boys. You'll have my bucks this week for your full set of plug ins.

I know a lot of folks here are whining for VST or AU or whatever, but I think it's brilliant that you've put the TDM versions out first at this price. This is one area that makes ProTools even more expensive is that for the same plugs the TDM versions always cost twice as much as the native version, which are usually even a rip-off price to begin with.

If you came out with a good set of parametric EQ's that sounded awesome in two series, as in a colored series and uncolored series, you'd really start to take serious market share away from the likes of Waves.

-Mark
Old 23rd August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Warren View Post
If you came out with a good set of parametric EQ's that sounded awesome in two series, as in a colored series and uncolored series, you'd really start to take serious market share away from the likes of Waves.

-Mark
+1.
Old 23rd August 2006
Lives for gear

+2
Old 24th August 2006
Lives for gear
You're plugs rock, man.

Add a parametric EQ, a multi-band compressor, and tape delay, then its "Waves who?"

Screw Waves. Massey Plugs are the real deal.
Old 1st September 2006
Gear Addict

does this plugin work only for ProTools?
I wana use it with Logic, is that impossible?
Old 11th September 2006
Lives for gear

Tried the demo, knew I shouldn't have.... Love it on the rock stuff I'm mixing, haven't tried it on hip-hop stuff. Sounds Better than the L3 I put on the 2-buss for the "clients loud CD" I bought it 15 min later.
I won't be using my L2 or L3 anymore :(
The highs don't get smooshed out as much on the Massey. The L3 just got all midrangey the harder I hit it. The Massey actually sounds musical.
I'm not an Oxford inflator fan, that colors the sound a bit too much... A nice comprimise between the Waves, and Sony stuff....
I'm running TDM HD3 Acell
Old 11th September 2006
Lives for gear

using the Massey at the 2 buss, what do you use as dithering then ?

In the L2, L3, dither , shape etc are implemented.
Old 11th September 2006
Lives for gear

Izotope Ozone's very good MBIT+

In my case:

Sony -> Massey -> MBIT+

ruudman
Old 11th September 2006
Lives for gear

I use the waves dither after the massey. There are other ways to dither than the L2 and L3
Old 13th September 2006
Gear Maniac

digi includes the pow-r dithering algorithm as a plug-in with their systems, so you could put that after the massey limiter on your master fader. it's a very good algo....
Old 8th October 2006
Gear Head

Rock On!!!

Hi

Just downloading the whole bunch. The enthusiasm by which Steve's plugs have been received by the Gearslutz community clearly suggests that he is on to something close to all our hearts: great sounding plugs at a resonable price!!!

You are one guy I do not mind parting my monies with :-)

thanks once again. And to the Gearslutz community to come out in support of people like Steve.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/images/smilies/thumb.gif
A big thumbs up to you mate!!!
Rock on!
Old 9th October 2006
Lives for gear

What's next on the line-up?

Old 9th October 2006
Lives for gear

I know Steve is up to somethin', he was working on completing a plug for AES...
Channel strip?
Old 15th October 2006
Lives for gear

Used the Massey L2007 on the weekend...

Wickedly good. Absolutely stoked I can achieve that level of limiting without screwing up the sound.

Thanks Steve, you're my new hero.

Cheers,

bdp
Old 16th October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeder View Post
The only thing i want to get rid of Waves entirely is an alternative to the S1 Spatial Imager. i can roll my own mid-side system but it's not a shuffler with low-freq damping. There's DUY Wide, and...anything else?

BTW outstanding work Steve on these plugs. I hope to have $$$ for you shortly.
+ 1 for mid side tools. . . I would actually pay in advance (I want it that bad!)

The ability to split mid and side from stereo and the converse, deriving stereo from m/s is so huge. . . why must I drink the waves koolaid to do it?
Old 17th October 2006
Lives for gear

Bought the compressor plugin after working with it a few days. Abosolutely amazing!!! First time I've bought anything software-based and still felt good about it days later!

There's one thing I did notice that if I duplicated a number of tracks (with the Massey plugin), it would have to recalcuate everything all over again and it takes about a minute for 6 tracks duplicated. Never happened before, but I can live with it. (I'm using PT6.7 Maybe it's a PT version thing? OK, i'll upgrade to 7 and see....)

Massey, can you release a deesser plugin? Seeing how good your compressor/limiter plugins are, I'm sure the De-esser would really be amazing as well!

Hmm... if you get around to making an extensive EQ plugin as well, I can see me mixing exclusively with Massey plugins in the near future!!!

Great work! I'm one very satisfied customer.
Old 17th October 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
Bought the compressor plugin after working with it a few days. Abosolutely amazing!!! First time I've bought anything software-based and still felt good about it days later!

Dude ..if you haven't already,get the TapeHead plug..
Don't know how he did it, but it's a great plug.
for snaredrum alone it's worth the price.thumbsup
Old 17th October 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Dude ..if you haven't already,get the TapeHead plug..
Don't know how he did it, but it's a great plug.
for snaredrum alone it's worth the price.thumbsup
I'll be sure to check that one out next!
Old 21st October 2006
Gear Addict

Dowloaded the L2007 trial today. I bought the full version about 15 minutes later. I got the tape trial and will try that out next. Any suggestions for how/when to use it?
Old 21st October 2006
Gear Head

Massey rocks!

Another vote for the de-esser.

Another vote for a m-s spatial imager.

Another vote for a more elaborate parametric eq.

Another vote for revising the GUI of the L20007 for more info. (just don't mess with the sound).
Old 21st October 2006
+1 de-esser
+1 MS module

Just to beat a dead horse. Basically, we just want you to put the final coffin nails in waves.
Old 21st October 2006
Deleted bd1be4f
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamike View Post
Dowloaded the L2007 trial today. I bought the full version about 15 minutes later. I got the tape trial and will try that out next. Any suggestions for how/when to use it?
You can use Tape Head on just about anything you want to get a little saturation, smoothing out, etc. Definitely try it on drums (especially snare), guitars, even vocals.
Old 21st October 2006
Gear Guru

I've been using all the Massey plugs for a couple of months now and they are absolutely first rate!!!

Tapehead is an instant classic for me. This is Masssey's #1 plug-in IMO. I cannot mix without it any more. There is nothing else like it! Three thumbs up.

CT4 is phenomenal and sounds so much more like a real compressor than 90% of the other "compressor" plug-ins out there that change level, but don't change the "vibe" like a analog compressor does. It's simple and super fast to get a good sound on and doesn't have a bunch of controls to mess up the sound. I love this plug. Two solid thumbs up.

The 2007 limiter is totally solid too. I could live without it, but I wouldn't want to.

The EQ is really cool, but is limited and I only use it at times for a specialty use. I really like the "air" the the HF adds, but I could live without it. Still, I'm glad I have it and it's more than worth the $$$.

Buy all of them. You will not be dissapointed.

Bill

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search