The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Massey L2007 Mastering Limiter plug-in now released Dynamics Plugins
Old 26th June 2006
Lives for gear

I love Massey's plugins.

Ive used them all in this current mix I'm doing.

I am anxiously waiting to purchase his plugins when the credit card purchase is up since I can't use paypal in Indonesia.

Cheers,
Moko
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Maniac

steve, let us know when the mono version of the limiter is ready. can't wait to put it to use! thanks.
Old 28th June 2006
Gear Guru

I am loving this plug ..
and I usually hate digital limiters..
Old 30th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by travista00
steve, let us know when the mono version of the limiter is ready. can't wait to put it to use! thanks.
For those that have bought the plug, I just finished adding Mono & multi-mono support to the Full version. You may now destroy the dynamics of every track in your mix!

Steve
Old 30th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound and form
For those that have bought the plug, I just finished adding Mono & multi-mono support to the Full version. You may now destroy the dynamics of every track in your mix!

Steve

Steven,How do we download the new version?
Old 30th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge
Steven,How do we download the new version?
Use the login info from the original purchase email response. (I've forwarded it to you in case you don't have it anymore.)

Thanks,
Steve
Old 30th June 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Use the login info from the original purchase email response. (I've forwarded it to you in case you don't have it anymore.)

Thanks,
Steve
Thanks !
Old 3rd August 2006
Gear Head

Thumbs up L2007 Mastering Limiter is an incredible bargain.

Quote:
Sounds great & easy to use. What more to say? Available in both RTAS and TDM formats.

A fully useable demo is available at: http://www.masseyplugins.com/

Let me know what y'all think!

Thanks,
Steve

This is just what I've been looking for and what a great price!!!

This limiter will be replacing my L1+ Ultramax and is similar to the Chandler Plug-In Limiter, but much more intuitive than both...

Check out the 'vibrant' setting... It's a very 'musical' limiter...

I can't believe more people don't know about Steve Massey's work.

Thanks again Steve. Let us all know when you release another plug-in.

regards,

Jon Florencio

PRODUKT SOUND

http://www.produktsound.com
Old 3rd August 2006
Lives for gear

Are there AudioUnits around the corner for these???
Old 3rd August 2006
Lives for gear

I'll say it again....the Limiter RULZ!!!!
Tape Head is dope too for those who have not tried it!
Old 3rd August 2006
Gear Maniac

The whole bundle is great.

The limiter is simple, and sounds really great. I have been using the limiter in place of some other, more well known stuff for bouncing the old "loud listener copy for the band/label."

Everyone should have this thing. The vibrant setting really is great....

I just used the compressor on some stuff with Lou Reed, and he is really particular about how is voice is represented...
Old 3rd August 2006
AU pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze! heh

I'd buy all of 'em in a heartbeat if I could run them in PT and Logic, Wavebummer, Peak, Live, etc.
Old 3rd August 2006
VST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 3rd August 2006
Lives for gear

thumbsup Great Job. I just bought the limiter, compressor and tape head. all made me smile - all sound different to anything I own (TDM wise) the compressor sounds most like hardware out of any of the virtual compressors I own. The Limiter is very musical and the tape head is awesome.

Thanks!!! Glad I got in on the ground floor when it was cheap.
Old 4th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jba
VST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't beleive you will get a response as it's been mentioned several times
Old 5th August 2006
Lives for gear

Perhaps it's been mentioned and I missed it but:

Is there any way to set a precise output ceiling? i.e. -0.1dB? Seems with fine control (apple-click) on the output knob, the smallest I can deviate from max gets me -0.2.
Old 5th August 2006
Lives for gear

Just click right under the knob and type the value you want.

ruudman
Old 5th August 2006
Lives for gear

sweet... thanks!
Old 11th August 2006
Gear Maniac

I tried the limiter today on a mastering session, heavy metal band!

Very impressed! I use to have te L2 Hardware this smokes it!

Great job Steve....keep it coming!

Cheers,

Mojava
Old 13th August 2006
Here for the gear

Hi

I'm just wondering what Steve is working on at the moment? Is there any new plug-in coming in a near futur(I really would love a multiband compressor) or are you working on the mac intel versions? Please Steve tell us!

Ben
Old 14th August 2006
Gear Head

Another Voter for a Multiband...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
Hi

I'm just wondering what Steve is working on at the moment? Is there any new plug-in coming in a near futur(I really would love a multiband compressor) or are you working on the mac intel versions? Please Steve tell us!

Ben
Steve,

I too would love to see what you would do for a multiband compressor.

I would also love to see a reverb!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks!
Old 14th August 2006
Lives for gear

Mr. Massey,

Just what are you up to at the moment? As much as more plug-ins would make many happy, I, and others would likely be just as happy to hear if you were taking a nice vacation for a few weeks after all this hardwork!!! The beach is nice this time of year!

Please though, do let us know if you have any more ideas in the works. Your products are greatly appreciated THANK YOU

Anxiously Awaiting future releases,
Scott Harloff

-P.S. I am personally guilty of being curious of this "HF Meter" you once developed but no longer provide. What exactly was/is it from an Audio Engineering standpoint? Cheers
Old 14th August 2006
Lives for gear

I have used ALL of Massey's plugin ESPECIALLY the Tapehead for the last 3 albums tha I've mixed. These are major label releases and I wouldn't be able to mix without all his plugins.

Can't wait for the new plugins. :D

Cheers,
Old 15th August 2006
Lives for gear

Gave these a quick run through and have to agree with others here, overall very good plug-ins!! The L2007 definitely gives the L2 a run for the money.

Two Big Issues that are holding me back from spending the bucks to buy them:

1 - These plug-ins have no bypass. This is a baseline feature on just about any plug-in. If you want to see the difference the plug-in is making or quickly revert to try different combinations there is no way to do it. You can deactivate the plug-in but then you lose all your setting. PLEASE INCLUDE A BYPASS BUTTON!

2 - As someone else mentioned here there is no way to manually type in settings to enter a precise value. Having cool 'retro' looking knobs is great for show but the biggest issue is of course functionality. Sometimes when mousing the knobs it's hard to get precise settings.

If I'm wrong about any of these please correct me, but aside from those issues these things sound great!
Old 15th August 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Warren View Post
Gave these a quick run through and have to agree with others here, overall very good plug-ins!! The L2007 definitely gives the L2 a run for the money.

1 - These plug-ins have no bypass. This is a baseline feature on just about any plug-in. If you want to see the difference the plug-in is making or quickly revert to try different combinations there is no way to do it. You can deactivate the plug-in but then you lose all your setting. PLEASE INCLUDE A BYPASS BUTTON!

2 - As someone else mentioned here there is no way to manually type in settings to enter a precise value. Having cool 'retro' looking knobs is great for show but the biggest issue is of course functionality. Sometimes when mousing the knobs it's hard to get precise settings.

If I'm wrong about any of these please correct me, but aside from those issues these things sound great!
These Are Both Features of the Full Version. Until you Purchase the Plug-ins the following features are disabled :

* 88.2kHz - 192kHz support
* Clip-light functionality
* Session-restore functionality

* Save-and-restore functionality
* Automation
* Bypass switching

* Precision Text Entry (L2007 Only) [just click under the knob to enter values]

*This Information was Taken Directly from http://www.masseyplugins.com/ *
Old 15th August 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Warren View Post

that's cause your using the demo versions..
buy it.. it';s worth every penny..80 bucks..no brainer

i won't need the L1/2 ever agian
Old 15th August 2006
Lives for gear

well - I still need L1 for audiosuite - hint hint...
Old 15th August 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji View Post
Hi

Ben
Hey Y'all,

Thanks for all the feedback and comments, good or bad!

Just to clarify for Mark, only the full version of the limiter has text entries. The others do not. But, all have bypassing functionality. Also, using the cmd key (ctrl on windows) when clicking a control increases the resolution by 2X (or 3X in the latest versions) for all the plug-ins.

As for what I'm working on... I have Mac Pro machine on order, set to arrive tomorrow. So, expect Mac/Intel versions probably sometime next month.

I've been working on a couple of things lately -- no idea when they'll be ready. One is a emulated tape delay, sort of in the vein of an old EchoPlex unit. Another is distortion stompbox.

Also, I do want to start adding AudioSuite functionality to the plug-ins. So, that's on the drawing board too. Again, sorry to all the AU and VST users... for the time being, my plate is just way too full!

Thanks!
Steve
Old 15th August 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound and form View Post
I've been working on a couple of things lately -- no idea when they'll be ready. One is a emulated tape delay, sort of in the vein of an old EchoPlex unit. Another is distortion stompbox.
Paypalled L2007 today. Great plug!!! thumbsup

Could you imagine a Deesser???? Then I'd be done with WUPing Waves...
Old 15th August 2006
Lives for gear

Hi Steve,

The distortion stomp box would be great.

I've been using tapehead on snare/toms/kick/bass/vocals/guitars/keys, EVERYTHING that needs BALLZ.

The echoplex idea is great too, my favorite reverb itb is still altiverb though it's a bit funky at times. I vote for extreme flexibility when it comes to echoplex.

Though the price is cheap, will there be discount for us who have bought your other stuff?

And please, a very important request, credit card purchase that you don't have to use paypal.

CHeers,

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search