The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SHADOW HILLS and BAREFOOT SOUND DEMO PARTY IN HOLLYWOOD, CA!!!! DON'T MISS IT!!! Studio Monitors
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Ah cool! I love NRG!

I'm in too.

cz
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Maniac

What Shadow Hills is doing is a very bad business example and Vintage King is going along with the “hype” that is being created here.
I posted here past Friday (5/27/06) stating that I would buy the Gamma Deluxe ASAP… if I knew “approximately” when it would be shipping.
Got a personal message from Peter Reardon of SH stating that they just started shipping (who else to believe!)
So I went to Vintage King online store and created a “shopping cart” for the item (couldn’t buy it that day because the store was closed for the long holiday weekend)
The next day on Saturday (5/28/06) this new thread “full of hype” was started and today the price of the unit went up from being $2725. to $ 3995. WTF?
Now, I know that SH makes some fine gear but this whole marketing-gimmick shiit is not so cool!
Respect!
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
today the price of the unit went up from being $2725. to $ 3995. WTF?
wow I just saw that !

4000 $ for the Gamma Deluxe/Equinox and 6500 $ for the Mastering Comp.
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Maniac

nice! this is like 1 block away from where i work so ill be there for sure! and its just at the same time as i get off of work!

heh
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Addict

Yeah, and the GAMA 8 is now $4995 too. Trust me though, it's still worth every penny! $612 /channel is still a great buy for those pres.

Just ordered a pair of 27's yesterday. Vintage King had 1 pair in stock! These should be a huge upgrade from my JBL LSR28p's. heh
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

It looks like you guys will actually be hearing and seeing my Euphonix...how jealous am I????
(I feel like someone is touchin my lady!!!

So hey you, yea you...watch those fingerprints!!!

Even more importantly, assuming none of you guys spill beer into it, it will ship out to me tomorrow morning!!!!!!!!
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalite Marka
The next day on Saturday (5/28/06) this new thread “full of hype” was started and today the price of the unit went up from being $2725. to $ 3995. WTF?
Now, I know that SH makes some fine gear but this whole marketing-gimmick shiit is not so cool!
Respect!
The prices have increased as We have made improvements, and just enough to reflect the increased costs. I know I'll get some heat for this, But it's what we have to do to stay in buisness. If our retail price was in line with the industry standard proportion to our costs, then the Gama would retail for $9000.
We make less proffit so that we can make a better product.
The other price have been artificially held down untill the units were shipping and to honor the early adopters. These prices did not reflect the true costs of the final evolution of the products. Considering the capabilities quality and craftsmenship, I think they are still very fair.
This party is as much for myself and my employees, as it is for our comunity. Its purpose is to celebrate the final realization and completion of some of our long awaited products. And also to give those who have been so patient for their orders a chance to try this stuff out, while waiting for theirs to arive. That being said, I hope everyone comes. I have made these things for all of us, so that we would have another set of tools to make great records.
Thanks,
Peter Reardon
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

This sounds cool, I'll be there.
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
the price of the unit went up from being $2725. to $ 3995. WTF? Now, I know that SH makes some fine gear but this whole marketing-gimmick shiit is not so cool!
To be fair though. The price is extremely reasonable considering the build quality. Believe me, I prefer lower prices than higher prices also. These were ridiculously cheap before and now they are still really reasonable considering what you get. I was surprised they were able to sell them at that price before, after popping the hood on one of these suckers! I don't think it's marketing hype at all, I just think that SH is trying to stay in business so they can keep making this nice stuff, not to make a killing. They seem like they are in it for the long haul.

Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Respect!
The price increase is not a result of hype. These units are the best at what they do, easily worth thousands more than where they are priced now. Peter is a genius and deserves to stay in business. The Equinox will even make your coffee. Well, not really, but look at all of it's features and onboard components.... and PIPE DOWN!! Show me something else that is such a complete solution that is custom shop build quality.

Respect, indeed.

See you guys tonite!!
Old 1st June 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher
Everytime I ask a question about this box it keeps getting better and better.

Bummer about the price increase. I knew it would go up with all of the new features, I just did not think that much. Mono GAMA is up to $795 now. Still ,all the features the Equinox has is worth the price of admission, but now I have to wait a long time before buying one instead of early fall like I had anticipated. C'est la vie.
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Addict

Shadow Hills is like a good stock. Those that saw and tested the Shadow Hills products early determined that it was way "under valued" based on its intitial price. Guys, we can't complain over spilt milk here. We all knew this stuff was way under priced. I regret I didn't pick up a Deluxe.

You also have to consider all of the extras and improvements Peter has made to products as well. It will be well worth the extra cost.
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Maniac

So tonight its looking like we'll hopefully have:

Barefoot MM12

Adam S3A

K+H 0300

Genelec 8050A

.... now if only someone could bring some ATC SCM20ASL i could happily make my next monitor decision!
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiant
Shadow Hills is like a good stock. Those that saw and tested the Shadow Hills products early determined that it was way "under valued" based on its intitial price.
My sentiments exactly. SO glad I had the good sense (and means) to order the comp and GAMA8 early on.
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

I too am feeling lucky I ordered the Gama 8 as an early adopter. I just wish I could god damned hear the thing, it's sitting in my living room and hasn't even had a microphone plugged into it yet!!

Just got the keys to my new studio space, so hopefully it won't be long before things are set up, but damn, you guys are lucky to get to listen to all this gear at NRG tonight.

My best to Peter, Thomas, Tetness, Andrew, Mike -- you guys are all rock solid and I'm happy you get to celebrate the fruits of your labour thus far!
Old 1st June 2006
Lives for gear

Bump.
Old 1st June 2006
Gear Addict

Congratulations Peter and Shadow Hills

My Best to Peter and all who attend. I have two Mono Gama's I use every day (for tracking and I turn around and use them on the way out on the 2 buss too and you would Not BELIEVE how big and warm and amazing my mixes have become in many cases) and I ordered the Deluxe a while back (cannot wait!!). If I didn't have to teach two recording classes today at the local College I would have flown out there from here in Ann Arbor, MI.

Congratulations Peter and have fun everyone!

- Jim

http://www.jimroll.com
Old 2nd June 2006
Take some pix and post em up!
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Head

Here's the address:
NRG Recording Services Inc
11128 Weddington St, North Hollywood, CA
(818) 760-7841
It starts at 7:00.
See ya there.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

I'm sure that it will be an incredible event for all who attend.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

LOTS OF PICS AND AUDIO CLIPS PLEASE!!!!! heh
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetness

NRG RECORDING STUDIOS STUDIO #C

11128 Weddington St.
N. Hollywood, CA. 91601
818-760-7841

It is on Weddington between Lankership and Vineland.
Quick note, it's Lankershim.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

I'm bummed it's tonight - I'm in Chicago...

dB
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Hills
The prices have increased as We have made improvements, and just enough to reflect the increased costs...
Peter Reardon
Thanks for the reply Peter.
I am confidant about SH products and feel that the new price tag for the Euphonix is still reasonable.

Nevertheless, an item that does not exist or is still in design works shouldn’t be advertised with a price tag.
Vintage King has had this “non-existent” product on their website for months “as if it really existed” with a price tag… this is not really an ethical way of doing business.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

As pomised. Thomas Barefoot is wearing the T-shirt with the Moon and crescent. Peter Reardon is the one holding the Mono Gama that was given away. The name was pulled from a box, stay tuned to see if it was yours! Thank you so much for coming!!!! Your comments and enthusiasm were well received!!!!

Old 2nd June 2006
Old 2nd June 2006
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Guru

Good times!
That was really swell
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Damn it!!!!!!!!

I had a session tonight and was hoping that it would have ended in time to stop in.

Sorry I missed you guys. I hope it was a success.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Guru

The comp is a f*cking monster ..looks way cooler in person ..so many bells and whistles and interactive posibilities .. a cool little learning curve there.heh
Hard to really dig in with all the commotion,but what i heard, i really liked.
I can't wait to get mine and mix through it .thumbsup..
The speakers,i pretty much made my decision six months ago when i first heard the demos stike..

Kudo's to Peter,Thomas, Tet..Andrew and Jeff[VK] ..Jay and the NRG staff for making this happen..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search