The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Tritone Digtal releases ClassicTone-560 (v2) for Mac
Old 28th April 2012
Lives for gear

Damn it. I bought it. I like Tritone and I loved using 560's on kick and bass guitar back in the studio.

I'm sure the UAD will be wonderful, but it will be nice to have a native version too. So... bought it.

- c
Old 28th April 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Never used the original hardware, so I can't compare, but after trying the demo of this I am very impressed.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
After deeper demoing I need to correct this. URS does not come even close to TD version, Waves is a joke.
Cant tell about the Waves, but been running the URS and TT side by side on different projects, and I think the URS comes out pretty well.

I actually think they are quite close,
but the TT sound fresher to me.
After all, its made in 2012, and the URS is dated 2006 ...

Maybe the upcoming URS 64 bit upgrade will close the gap between the two ...
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
Cant tell about the Waves, but been running the URS and TT side by side on different projects, and I think the URS comes out pretty well.

I actually think they are quite close,
but the TT sound fresher to me.
After all, its made in 2012, and the URS is dated 2006 ...

Maybe the upcoming URS 64 bit upgrade will close the gap between the two ...
for some material they are both great but TTD is definitely much warmer and bigger
Lives for gear

Quote:
for some material thay are both suitable but TTD is definitely much warmer and bigger

Got the TT this morning, so I will not argue ...yet ...
Old 29th April 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Damn it. I bought it. I like Tritone and I loved using 560's on kick and bass guitar back in the studio.

I'm sure the UAD will be wonderful, but it will be nice to have a native version too. So... bought it.

- c
Hey, nice rationalization, Sonya! I need to take some notes...
Old 29th April 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham View Post
Hey, nice rationalization, Sonya! I need to take some notes...
Is the Tritone using anything beyond straight convolution?
Old 29th April 2012
560's are my fave EQs for toms, so I've grabbed the demo to check out. Will report back!
Old 30th April 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

yeah...it's a good one!
love the way the mouse wheel adjusts the eq!....that is a great idea!
seems to suit the digital world very nicely with a nice full tone and a forgiving top end....
i used to love my MXR graphic until it flamed out...and this is better and costs less.
don't tell to many people about this one...lets keep it between us!
....keep it quiet!
Old 30th April 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

It's hard to know when UAD will come out with this and I am not surprised Silva pulled the Trigga. Native is here now, and I make no secrets I'm a fan of this eq. Not a bad idea to keep it a secret amongst us (all)
Old 2nd May 2012
Lives for gear

Any chance this gets relesed for Win?
Old 2nd May 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I'm waiting for API to swoop in and send Tritone a cease-and-desist, forcing them to change the graphic look of this thing like they did with URS a few years ago.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying the plug-in. I'm definitely a Tritone fan.

- c
Old 7th May 2012 | Show parent
After using this for a few days.. I'm pretty sure I need the real deal in my rack!

Fantastic on drums!

- Hugo
Old 8th May 2012
Lives for gear

Killer
Old 11th May 2012 | Show parent
I liked the sound of this plug so much I went and bought 2 API 560s for my lunchbox...

- Hugo
Lives for gear

They are fantastic for drums, no question.

I don't know why, but they are.

- c
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggie View Post
I liked the sound of this plug so much I went and bought 2 API 560s for my lunchbox...

- Hugo

I love it when that happens.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
I'm waiting for API to swoop in and send Tritone a cease-and-desist, forcing them to change the graphic look of this thing like they did with URS a few years ago.

In the meantime, I'm really enjoying the plug-in. I'm definitely a Tritone fan.

- c
Wasn't that specific to the API dual knobs, like the ones on the 5500 or 550b?

The 560 looks like the graphic EQ's that were in car stereos in the 80's.
Old 12th May 2012
Lives for gear

Huggie, how do you find the plug differs from the real deal and by how much?
Old 12th May 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Curious about that also
A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
Huggie, how do you find the plug differs from the real deal and by how much?
No idea... They are still in transit. Should get them next week...

Hugo
Lives for gear

@ Hugo:
Have fun with the new toys and post some feedback if you have the time!
A.
ajs
Gear Maniac

Should I have had an upgrade coupon? No way am I buying it all over again, especially after the wait for AU's from TT.
Old 14th May 2012 | Show parent
Gear Addict

Wow and just wow! I am demoing it right now - this is the real ****! Put an instant smile on my face on whatever I used it. Loves Snares, Kiks and Guitars....The Plugins of these guys never cease to amaze me. That Plug and the UBK-1 must be the most impressive Plugins I used to date and both still supporting PPC - great!
Old 15th May 2012
Gear Addict

Seriously, the 1K Band on this thing is magic...
Old 16th June 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear
I just bought this after a demo, and I really like it a lot. It seems to add something nice to the mix just by inserted with everything flat. I'm not sure what that would be. Whatever I insert it it on sounds a little more full, in a very pleasant way. Maybe it's just adding a tiny bit of gain? it doesn't sound like it: it sounds more like depth is being added. But it's a tiny difference and I could be imagining it.

What I'm not imagining is the nice effect is has when you start to eq. I was also demoing Equilibrium, which I liked a lot and which is a very different kind of EQ. I took equilibrium off and bought tritone's 560. I don't know why, but it seems like very small eq changes have a very strong effect, and I need less eq. The bands play together really nicely--they interact and the interaction is very musical. The midrange bands are awesome--the 1k band is especially magical seeming. The tracks seem to relate to each in a better way--they're both more distinct and better blended. You can boost pretty high and not run into any hurty stridency. And it's very "punchy," for want of a better word--punchy without being harsh.

It's be nice if it had some bells and whistles--I like seeing the frequency analysis, but all you get here is ten old-school slider. I like the way Equilibrium let you manage the EQ curves with a touchpad--that was fun to work with. It'd be nice if this plug had a trim slider. It'd be especially nice if it had a "fine adjustment" option--I use a track pad, and sometimes it's tricky making very small adjustments.

But it has a really really nice impact on mixes, adding something really cool that I didn't find in the other Eqs I demo'ed. For what it's worth I tried a bunch of high end eqs, qhich I won't name because they were all very good in different ways. The two that grabbed me were airwindows eq and tritone's 560. Airwindows is good but just a little odd to use. I like it but the tritone 560 just grabbed me right away.
Old 17th June 2013
Lives for gear

this Eq never brakes the sound. I use it for 2BUS pretty often when I mix acoustic material. It sounds very natural even with obvious settings
Old 17th April 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

Quote:
best sounding plugin version of API 560
. Have zero experience with original hardware, but this one sounds gooood. Best plug Eq!! Waves is a joke compared to CT56. Any other good emulation out there?
Old 18th April 2014
Gear Addict

FANTASTIC!! Really punchy, warm, and straight-forward. I was inspired enough to write a user review.
Old 1st February 2017
Lives for gear

just thought of demoing it. their homepage is down again argh (i believe to remember it happened in the past) anyone having the demo installer around they could share?
📝 Reply