The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Looking for Strings for your Tracks?
Old 25th May 2006
Here for the gear

Looking for Strings for your Tracks?

BRING THE POWER OF REAL STRINGS TO YOUR TRACKS

String arranger Pete Whitfield brings the power of real strings to any project. This is the first uncomplicated and affordable way to get the elite sound only real strings can provide. We deliver world-class strings performed by top players, including members of the renowned Halle Orchestra. We provide it all - the arranger, the players, the engineers and even the facility.

SOLUTIONS FOR TV, FILM, & VIDEO GAMES

Pete has worked on a wide variety of projects, from video games like Batman Begins (with in-demand video game composer Ian Livingstone) to Film and TV scores for renowned composers such as Richard Mitchell, Simon Brint and Simon May. As well , Pete has worked on numerous Sample CD and Library Music Collections.

AUTHENTIC STRINGS FOR HIP HOP & POP

We know hip hop and pop. Pete Whitfield, teamed with Stronghold Productions, delivers true hip hop and pop strings in a way no one else can. Beyond custom work, we can also do exact re-creations or interpolations of classic tracks, authentic right down to the vintage sound.

For audio demos please go to:
http://www.strongholdeg.com/realstrings.html

Jen Chapman
Stronghold Entertainment Group
[email protected]
Old 25th May 2006
Lives for gear

hmmm, internet drums, internet strings... I've heard of internet singers... I'm sure you could hire any instrument you needed this way these days.

I like your service though, It's really a good idea, perhaps something I would seriously consider using, and something I wish you much success in.
Old 12th June 2006
Gear Head

why not use REAL strings?

<<
I've heard of internet singers... I'm sure you could hire any instrument you needed this way these days.
>>

Yes . . . I am one who does REAL strings for realistic prices (I've done so for Virgin, Atlantic Records and many others).
http://www.chris-melchior.com/strings.htm

No sample gets anywhere near the sound of real strings, and the real think might not cost as much as you think!

By the way, the Halle are crap They were well known a few decades ago, but currently only know for being crap!

Chris
Old 12th June 2006
LAU
Gear Maniac

the reacreation of the 'classic soul track' in the demo section sounds a bit stiff, flat & hollow imho....

the idea is interresting, but if you are gonna go real why not go real ? so you can be there at the sessions for feedback etc. ?
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

Very interesting stuff. I just compared their online demos, and the
quality of "Real Strings" seems way better, no offence. Pretty Sick.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Is there anyone doing this in england and also horns?
Old 13th June 2006
Gear Addict

they just sent me a cd of stuff to mess with to my ny studio, its waiting for me when i get home, ill let you know how it is.
Old 14th June 2006
Gear Maniac

interesting indeed.

What would be (if roughly) the pricetags on realstrings?
Old 22nd June 2006
Lives for gear

anyone wanna take a shot at this

thinking of augmenting/replacing bass and/or rhythm guit's.

have at it.

if interested pm.

will trade for guitar parts.
Old 3rd July 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghold
bring the power of real strings to any project.
Hm, I listened to your demos and it sounds like just a few string players doing a few overdubs, but what do you do when you really need the power of a full orchestra? I suggest that you contact me, for I can do all the work for you engaging the same musicians that worked on films like La Reine Margot (Queen Margo), Arizona Dream ....

Here are two examples of backing tracks which I recorded recently for Mr. Daniel Ackerman. No overdubs, just seven string players and a harpsichord. The example of a full orchestra was recorded quite some time ago with inferior equipment to the one I'm using now and converted through some cheap ADs, but you'll get the picture of capabilities.

Or, if you want synthesized strings listen to a (home) demo, everything you hear is synths/samplers, including the voice. Since then, I acquired some way better Orchestral Sample Libraries, but this is just to show arrangement skills.

Branislav
Attached Files

Ackerman 03.mp3 (605.7 KB, 169 views)

Ackerman 06.mp3 (990.8 KB, 154 views)

Orch.mp3 (393.3 KB, 53 views)

Demo.mp3 (4.93 MB, 98 views)

Old 3rd July 2006
Lives for gear

Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronghold
BRING THE POWER OF REAL STRINGS TO YOUR TRACKS

String arranger Pete Whitfield brings the power of real strings to any project. This is the first uncomplicated and affordable way to get the elite sound only real strings can provide. We deliver world-class strings performed by top players, including members of the renowned Halle Orchestra. We provide it all - the arranger, the players, the engineers and even the facility.

SOLUTIONS FOR TV, FILM, & VIDEO GAMES

Pete has worked on a wide variety of projects, from video games like Batman Begins (with in-demand video game composer Ian Livingstone) to Film and TV scores for renowned composers such as Richard Mitchell, Simon Brint and Simon May. As well , Pete has worked on numerous Sample CD and Library Music Collections.

AUTHENTIC STRINGS FOR HIP HOP & POP

We know hip hop and pop. Pete Whitfield, teamed with Stronghold Productions, delivers true hip hop and pop strings in a way no one else can. Beyond custom work, we can also do exact re-creations or interpolations of classic tracks, authentic right down to the vintage sound.

For audio demos please go to:
http://www.strongholdeg.com/realstrings.html

Jen Chapman
Stronghold Entertainment Group
[email protected]
Very intresting indeed and i went and listen to the Demos and yes its Convincing but now, do you have some kind of Price ideas that you can give us, because it is also for me a Service that for sure i would use, even if i can Sequence my own stuff and sometimes full some people but nothing as we all know will never be as the REAL THING..

PLease let us know a bit more.. wich section of musicians do you use etc.. thanx a lot.

And Good luck on this new Service, i'm sure it will work bIG TIME

My

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search