The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
5059 Satellite Summing Mixer from Rupert Neve Designs
Old 10th April 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

4 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoote View Post
I don't understand why you would need to do it. Each channel can be assigned to one stereo bus or the other. If I understand your need, you would just assign all the channels to just one stereo bus and you are set.

If instead you are trying to do some parallel processing, that's harder. You would have to additionally use the direct outs to another summing box or mixer to get a parallel feed. This is the big bummer for me. I think I really want a 16x4 rather than a 16x2+2
Not parrallel processing but multibus compression . Music part to mix A , and vocals and leads to Mix B . Each with their own compressor which then is summed into a stereo pair for a final master EQ . Basically what would be good is a 16 x 4 x 2 for what I want to do . But I am trying to find out what the best way to sum the 2 stereo pairs into a final stereo which then feeds an EQ - then back into DAW .
Old 7th June 2015 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
resurrecting an old thread,

if you wanted to sum both A and B outputs, how about using a dangerous D-Box which is used for a monitor controller plus the added bonus of extra clean summing of up to 4 stereo pairs?
Old 11th June 2015 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Stalker View Post
resurrecting an old thread,

if you wanted to sum both A and B outputs, how about using a dangerous D-Box which is used for a monitor controller plus the added bonus of extra clean summing of up to 4 stereo pairs?
Or an Antelope Satori
Old 16th April 2016 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 10 years
i am currently demoing an SSL x desk, API 7800/8200, Rupert Neve Designs 5059.
i also have a chandler mini mixer at my other studio already...
So far they all have their own thing going... The API and RND have a similar vibe..the API having a drop more "weight" the RND Silk Red and Blue add a nice color ... Silk worked particularly well on Pop songs.... The SSL x desk was the surprise, maybe because i'm a fan of the older Neve,Api sound... it maybe had the most detail and clarity... SO FAR... thats just my preliminary findings... i need to use the same tracks and run them through the chandler the same way as i did with these... Chandler in my mind has the weightiness of the RND and API but also good detail.... at the end of the day i think they all have something good about them...
i haven't laid in any outboard hardware yet..wanting to just hear what the mixers do on their own...
Old 21st April 2016
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Rucyrius, thanks, great info! Im curious how they compare to the chandler.
Old 27th April 2016
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
The sluttiest piece of gear I bought last year, I love it and it's features
Old 10th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
resurrecting an old thread

what about abusing the 5059 as a synth sub mixer? it's got line inputs, so that should work fine in theory.

it's not built for that purpose, so I'm wandering if there could be anything different
coming from converter line outputs, or synth line outputs. impedance?

to degenerate signals I would not need to spend that amount of money

Does anybody know where the trannys are sitting in this box? I assume on the 2 stereo outputs only.

thanks
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugist View Post
resurrecting an old thread

what about abusing the 5059 as a synth sub mixer? it's got line inputs, so that should work fine in theory.

it's not built for that purpose, so I'm wandering if there could be anything different
coming from converter line outputs, or synth line outputs. impedance?

to degenerate signals I would not need to spend that amount of money

Does anybody know where the trannys are sitting in this box? I assume on the 2 stereo outputs only.

thanks
See attached image, the transformers are on both stereo outputs at the final stage.
I use my 5059 for everything, I often record drum machines, synths etc. directly into the 5059 (via patchbays) before sending it to the A>D and into into the comp, its the heart of my studio.
Attached Thumbnails
5059 Satellite Summing Mixer from Rupert Neve Designs-rupert-neve-designs-5059-block-diagram.jpg  
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Thanks, very helpful!
Old 12th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs44 View Post
See attached image, the transformers are on both stereo outputs at the final stage.
I use my 5059 for everything, I often record drum machines, synths etc. directly into the 5059 (via patchbays) before sending it to the A>D and into into the comp, its the heart of my studio.
I grabbed one via Reverb yesterday.
Old 13th January 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugist View Post
I grabbed one via Reverb yesterday.
Old 7th December 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs44 View Post
Sorry to bring this back from the (almost) dead, but I looking for a 5059 exactly for synths and drum machines. Have you tried SSL Sigma?
Old 8th December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

1 Review written
🎧 5 years
I haven't no, but I can't recommend the 5059 enough. So much so I recently bought another one lol. Using them together as like a 26 channel summing mixer with 3 stereo aux busses as well as a master stereo bus (32ch total). Absolute awesomeness!
For synths and drum machines, record into it and really hit the transformers hard, especially when using something like a Moog which is pretty hard to tame in the box. The red silk also gives it a nice agressive sound/brightness too :D

Last edited by bs44; 8th December 2020 at 02:58 AM.. Reason: 26 not 28
πŸ“ Reply