The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Fireface 400 Audio Interfaces
Old 22nd June 2006
  #31
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chymer
ok, so now your implying that you are capable of thinking when, from what Ive read, youve never experienced it in the first place.
I thought this smart ass comment would have come a few days ago....fuuck
Old 22nd June 2006
  #32
Lives for gear
 
TinderArts's Avatar
 

August/September is what I'm told about the FF400.
Old 29th June 2006
  #33
Here for the gear
 
filarion's Avatar
 

FYI, the FF400 is shipping in germany, Thomann and other retailers already had/have their first batch. retailing at 879 Euro including taxes.
Old 1st July 2006
  #34
Gear Maniac
 

I hope the early birds that have it can report as quick as possible
Old 1st July 2006
  #35
Lives for gear
 
TinderArts's Avatar
 

RME always releases in Europe first, then elsewhere. August/September is what to expect in the states.
Old 1st July 2006
  #36
Here for the gear
 
filarion's Avatar
 

I ordered mine yesterday, should be here sometime next week. It will replace the Multiface/Cardbus combination I used in my mobile rig so I can finally use my MacBook Pro for audio. Will give a report on it once I have played with it for a bit.
Old 2nd July 2006
  #37
Lives for gear
 
Curtis Franklin's Avatar
 

Instead of waiting for this unit I put my DAW in a server case and racked it.

Now I can use my RME PCI card. And this solution cost me $250.


Oh well......
Old 8th July 2006
  #38
Gear Maniac
 

FF400 has improved mic preamps

Hi all,

As I read on the RME forum, the FF400 seems to have improved mic preamps over the FF800, according to RME, which is good news...
Old 14th July 2006
  #39
E.T
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorrelNote
Hi all,

As I read on the RME forum, the FF400 seems to have improved mic preamps over the FF800, according to RME, which is good news...
I've just ordered the FF400 and would like to subscribe to the newsgroup too, but how do I do that when not using a mail program?? Is it possible??
Thanks
Old 16th July 2006
  #40
Gear Nut
 

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T
I've just ordered the FF400 and would like to subscribe to the newsgroup too, but how do I do that when not using a mail program?? Is it possible??
Thanks
This has been my biggest problem with RME. The morons will not create a simple html forum that is more accessible to the masses. Get your **** together RME! tutt
Old 17th July 2006
  #41
Lives for gear
 
Sirocco's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejacky
This has been my biggest problem with RME. The morons will not create a simple html forum that is more accessible to the masses. Get your **** together RME! tutt
you can use the synthax forum (google)
Old 17th July 2006
  #42
Lives for gear
 
TinderArts's Avatar
 

Google is your friend.

http://www.synthax.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4
Old 17th July 2006
  #43
Gear Maniac
 
RME Support's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T
I've just ordered the FF400 and would like to subscribe to the newsgroup too, but how do I do that when not using a mail program?? Is it possible??
There's no need to "subscribe"... All you need is a newsreader software. Mozilla/Thunderbird can do this. For the PC, there's the Forte Free Agent, and numerous others. Don't know the situation for the Mac so well.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME
Old 17th July 2006
  #44
Gear Maniac
 
RME Support's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejacky
This has been my biggest problem with RME. The morons will not create a simple html forum that is more accessible to the masses. Get your **** together RME! tutt
Thanks for the kind words...
Believe it or not, we (and most users) much prefer the simple newsgroup format to a web-based forum. If you want a web forum, Synthax US has one...


Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME Support Moron
Old 17th July 2006
  #45
Gear Maniac
 
RME Support's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinderArts
RME always releases in Europe first, then elsewhere.
Shipping "elsewhere" takes time, that's all...

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME
Old 17th July 2006
  #46
Gear Nut
 

Thumbs down

YAY RME support is here! For the record, MOST USERS PREFER HTML based forums like this, not the news groups. And synthax forum is a joke. All of the really good and in depth information is on the newsgroup. RME, is it really too hard to transfer all your newsgroup DATA to a html forum or are you guys really THAT LAZY?

-Semi-Happy Multiface + PCI user.
Old 17th July 2006
  #47
Gear Maniac
 
RME Support's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejacky
YAY RME support is here! For the record, MOST USERS PREFER HTML based forums like this, not the news groups.
Says who...? Every time the subject comes up on the newsgroup, "most users" will in fact say they prefer the newsgroup.

Quote:
"RME, is it really too hard to transfer all your newsgroup DATA to a html forum or are you guys really THAT LAZY?
I don't think it's technically possible to just transfer the data. And we're not lazy, we prefer the newsgroup... This is a matter of choice, not laziness... I'm afraid it isn't going to change anytime soon.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME Support Lazy Guy
Old 17th July 2006
  #48
E.T
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RME Support
There's no need to "subscribe"... All you need is a newsreader software. Mozilla/Thunderbird can do this. For the PC, there's the Forte Free Agent, and numerous others. Don't know the situation for the Mac so well.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME
Thank's for the answer
Old 20th July 2006
  #49
Lives for gear
 
Chris's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RME Support
Says who...? Every time the subject comes up on the newsgroup, "most users" will in fact say they prefer the newsgroup.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME Support Lazy Guy
So wait, all the people ON THE NEWSGROUP say they prefer the newsgroup. Big suprise there. Haha. Maybe because all of the users that don't prefer the newsgroup aren't on it??? Hmmm.

Also, I think you're the first rep ever I've seen post on a message board that seems to have a chip on his shoulder with every post. I dunno, everbody else seems to be trying to help while you seemed to come out very defensive and standoffish. FWIW.

Also, I want an RME multiface. Alas, first I need money.
Old 20th July 2006
  #50
Lives for gear
 
TinderArts's Avatar
 

Back on track here, the FF400 has landed at Synthax US.
Old 20th July 2006
  #51
Lives for gear
 
The Beatsmith's Avatar
 

A forum is much more easily accessable than a mailing list. Mailing lists on something like this are a silly idea imho. I don't want 200 emails a day about stuff that doesn't have anything to do with me.
Old 20th July 2006
  #52
Gear Maniac
 
RME Support's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beatsmith
A forum is much more easily accessable than a mailing list. Mailing lists on something like this are a silly idea imho. I don't want 200 emails a day about stuff that doesn't have anything to do with me.
There's no mailing list... The RME user forum is a newsgroup (as in usenet), but not accessible through Google, just with a dedicated newsreader software.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME
Old 20th July 2006
  #53
Gear Maniac
 
RME Support's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
I dunno, everbody else seems to be trying to help while you seemed to come out very defensive and standoffish.
Sorry if it comes across that way, I was just trying to point out why there's "only" a newsgroup and no web forum. It's not because we are lazy morons, as you have implied.... If the only "help" you would be willing to accept as such is the immediate creation of a web-based forum, then I'm afraid I simply can't help. You could accept this as a fact, install a newsreader software, and join the forum with "all of the really good and in depth information". If you have compelling reasons against using newsgroups (other than the fact that you personally prefer web-based fora), then you will still find a good deal of help on the Synthax forum.


Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME
Old 20th July 2006
  #54
Lives for gear
 
Chris's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RME Support
Sorry if it comes across that way, I was just trying to point out why there's "only" a newsgroup and no web forum. It's not because we are lazy morons, as you have implied.... If the only "help" you would be willing to accept as such is the immediate creation of a web-based forum, then I'm afraid I simply can't help. You could accept this as a fact, install a newsreader software, and join the forum with "all of the really good and in depth information". If you have compelling reasons against using newsgroups (other than the fact that you personally prefer web-based fora), then you will still find a good deal of help on the Synthax forum.


Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME
Well damn, out the door goes "the customer is always right."
Old 20th July 2006
  #55
Gear Maniac
 
RME Support's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Well damn, out the door goes "the customer is always right."
Don't you think you are exaggerating slightly...? The newsgroup as such is widely accepted, and its members are customers also. Should we tell them that because one customer has decided to be right, we will no abandon the newsgroup and open a web forum? I'm really sorry, but there is no way to please absolutely everybody. Next, someone will tell us he'd prefer all RME devices to be pink... (Yes, it's an exaggeration...)
Please feel free to join the newsgroup and bring up the subject of a web forum, if you want to hear our other customers' opinions.

Allow me to repeat that it is not possible (to the best of my knowledge) to simply transfer all the postings of a newsgroup into a forum. And even if, what next? Just abandon the newsgroup depsite the fact that there are a lot of customers who would prefer it? Or try to maintain both at the same time? I don't think we have enough time for that.

You have also not really told us why you so strongly dislike newsgroups.


Sincerely,
Daniel Fuchs
RME
Old 20th July 2006
  #56
Lives for gear
 
stag's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaytex
All you have been doing lately is bashing the FF800 in the last few weeks. I understand you were the 1 in 1000th person to ever have an issue with it but chill out. I've got mine on 3 different machines and have never had one hiccup. I would buy a second in a heartbeat if I ever needed more I/O. If I were you I would try to solve and understand the problem as to why you're FF800 did not work on you're rig instead of just getting pissed off and saying that RME sucks. On top of that, If you don't have anything to add to this thread please don't post nonsence.
I hope you find something that works for you.

Clayton, happy RME user!
The FireFace 800 it´s nice, considering its hi-z input, the not so bad mic pres and
loads of I\0.
Personally, i´d recommend a cheap PCI interface with ADAT and use it on a stand alone, it´s drivers and performance are not up with RME reputation.
Any M-Audio FW interface performs better than the FF800 but then M-audio interfaces don´t have to manage 56 I\0 thru FW... I guess that the FF400 should perform a lot better than the FF800.

Bye.
Old 21st July 2006
  #57
Lives for gear
 
DrDeltaM's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RME Support
Please feel free to join the newsgroup and bring up the subject of a web forum
Then again, Gearslutz is a webforum, and you are here, so people preferring a forum can ask their RME question here and hope you will chime in
Old 21st July 2006
  #58
Lives for gear
 
Sirocco's Avatar
 

dont forget - you can use outlook express to access the newsgroup with ease - it comes with your windows! just check with ur isp on google for its mail server.
Old 21st July 2006
  #59
Gear Maniac
 
RME Support's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco
dont forget - you can use outlook express to access the newsgroup with ease - it comes with your windows! just check with ur isp on google for its mail server.
All the details are here: http://www.rme-audio.com/english/info/newsgrp.htm

News server: news.x-networks.de
Forum: rme-audio.forum

That's really all it takes.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME
Old 21st July 2006
  #60
RLA
Gear Head
 

I'm about to purchase a whole new setup for recording after 10 years. You hear a lot of debate about quality of converters and preamps between brands and models. So what really is the difference between the 400 and 800, and will the 400 have the compression on one of its inputs like the 800? Thanks https://www.gearslutz.com/board/images/smilies/wavey.gif
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
jaffa / So much gear, so little time
3
heksu / High end
10
tengu / Music Computers
38
octatonic / Music Computers
0
fa151515 / Music Computers
0

Forum Jump
Forum Jump