The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lindell Audio News
Old 22nd February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand View Post
Can someone describe the sound of the current Lindell hardware that is getting made into the 500 series. This price point is killer!!!
I'm curious too...
Old 22nd February 2012
HI LINDELL
Can t wait to try your stuff ...any more precisions on those 500 SERIES ; and particulary the comp ?

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 22nd February 2012
Lives for gear

This stuff looks great! However, how does one achieve that price point through a traditional dealer network if Chinese manufacturing is not involved? Are they made in China? Or is the European economy totally in the crapper?

Brad
Old 22nd February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
How do you manage to squeeze a 2000 Euro compressor into a 500 series rack for 300 Euros? Are you a magician?

What is missing in the 7X-500 compared to the 7X?
Yes I am

The differences are: No power supply, 3 switch attack and relase times instead of 5.
No input transformer, 2 sidechain freq's instead of 4. No signal hpf&lpf, No fat VU meter .

The tone and smack is the same....

Price is low due to huge amount of pieces manufactured.
Old 22nd February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomteontour View Post
May I concider the 7x-500 as the Lindell s 500 series shot on a 1176 Tracking Comp ?
Yes you can 'cus it is....
Old 22nd February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad McGowan View Post
This stuff looks great! However, how does one achieve that price point through a traditional dealer network if Chinese manufacturing is not involved? Are they made in China?

Brad
Thanks Brad,

We have ordered ALOT of units. How else would one achieve sucha awesome super mega ultra deal?

These pieces was created to give YOU guys a taste of my sounds (that I use everyday in the studio) at a price that EVERYONE can afford.

The Chinese people are really nice to deal with, very professional and fast. They have sucha modern manufacture plants, making 500 modules for them is like soldering a mic cable to you
Old 22nd February 2012
Lives for gear

Where can I preorder to be sure to have some from the first batch?
Old 22nd February 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
Thanks Brad,

The Chinese people are really nice to deal with, very professional and fast. They have sucha modern manufacture plants, making 500 modules for them is like soldering a mic cable to you

That is a huge ROFL from me !!

By the way : When are they going to hit German market ?

Kind regards
Tom
Old 22nd February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks Brad,

They are indeed assembled in Ningbo, China. And we have ordered ALOT of units. How else would one achieve sucha awesome super mega ultra deal?

These pieces was created to give YOU guys a taste of my sounds (that I use everyday in the studio) at a price that EVERYONE can afford. Going the Chinese route is the coolest way of doing it.

I won't tell you my source, but Mercedes built in China are in some details better than the ones built in Europe. Obviously they are only sold in China and for a lower price point than the European ones...

If you give clear instructions of what you want and specify quality control requisites, you have no worries.

Lindell... I hate you man... now I'll have to buy a second 500 frame
The good thing is that it won't be too difficult to fill it up... - 11 spaces for PEXs and 7Xs
Old 22nd February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
I am hoping to sell some to deft bonz

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk
And here we go, the sales started heh
Old 23rd February 2012
Engagement Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopularDemand View Post
Can someone describe the sound of the current Lindell hardware that is getting made into the 500 series. This price point is killer!!!
I've had a pair of 17X comps since Lindell first came out with them
They can do clean and gentle or they can trash a signal in true 1176 all button mode
And of course they can do everything in-between as well thanks to the mix knob!
The sound is almost whatever you need/want it to be

Definitely my favourite gear from 2011

The lay out and functions obviously comes from someone who comes from a studio background

I'd be happy taking a lunchbox loaded with anything Lindell makes without having to hear them first

Anyone in the South East of England wants to come and hear the 17X (or the new modules once they come out) is welcome to come and visit my new place to check them out
Attached Thumbnails
Lindell Audio News-rack-....jpg  
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

Hi Lindell, how would you describe the sound of the micpreamp?
Is it similar or based on some pre?

You really know how to catch our attention, which is hard to get in an already overcrowded audio market.

¡Clever and brave move!

I´ll have to remake my wishing list, that took so long to make, but now I don´t care.

By the way, I was impressed by the sound of the 17x compressor showed on ZenPro Audio site.
Old 23rd February 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by depulse View Post
Where can I preorder to be sure to have some from the first batch?
+1

Definitely would like to preorder, too, if possible.
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
They are indeed assembled in Ningbo, China. And we have ordered ALOT of units. How else would one achieve sucha awesome super mega ultra deal?

These pieces was created to give YOU guys a taste of my sounds (that I use everyday in the studio) at a price that EVERYONE can afford. Going the Chinese route is the coolest way of doing it.

The Chinese people are really nice to deal with, very professional and fast. They have sucha modern manufacture plants, making 500 modules for them is
like soldering a mic cable to you
Hey Lindell,

Thanks for the reply. That's really cool. I'm glad that you can make products of this caliber happen for those prices. I'll definitely be picking some up myself if they do indeed hit that price point. It's just too damn affordable to pass up. heh.

Brad
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEng1 View Post
Wow!
What he said....
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

interested in the mic pre! what kind of tranny I/O do you got in them?
Old 23rd February 2012
Jtt
Gear Addict

Beyond cool!

Jtt
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

Definitely 4 thumbs up!
Old 23rd February 2012
Couldn't you wait with this announcement until your stock is filled up... now I have to wait and wait and wait

You're a terrible man
Old 23rd February 2012
Gear addict

These look incredible at this price point - more in line with what I think 500 series modules should sell for or maybe less. Slutz will be buying loaded lunch boxes full of these. Does Lindell make a 500 chassis too or is there on in the works?
Old 23rd February 2012
Lives for gear

Tell me:

Can I preorder already?

And when is it avaiable?
Old 23rd February 2012
Hi LINDELL
I just reached your site( lindell audio ) and founded lots of infos ...
Just asking what are the 3 fixed attack and release times on the comp ...
Regarding the pre ; how would you describe the flavour ( will it be more on the NEVE ? or API ? or ....? side )
And also ; any plan to make an LA 2A ; 3A ; 4A type of 500 comp ?
i m living in PARIS ; where will i be able to find some of your products ?

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 23rd February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
These look incredible at this price point - more in line with what I think 500 series modules should sell for or maybe less. Slutz will be buying loaded lunch boxes full of these. Does Lindell make a 500 chassis too or is there on in the works?
Thanks, they look even better in real life.... We don't have any chassi. I have a four slot box on the drawing board. Don't know if it'll be reality though.... I use API's chassis for now.
Old 23rd February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORDICUS View Post
Hi LINDELL
I just reached your site( lindell audio ) and founded lots of infos ...
Just asking what are the 3 fixed attack and release times on the comp ...
Regarding the pre ; how would you describe the flavour ( will it be more on the NEVE ? or API ? or ....? side )
And also ; any plan to make an LA 2A ; 3A ; 4A type of 500 comp ?
i m living in PARIS ; where will i be able to find some of your products ?

PEACE

MORDICUS
Hey,
The attack times is around: 20micro - 400micro - 800micro sec. Release times around: 50milli - 100 milli - 500millisec. It's 1176.

The Preamp is fairly simple transformer - discrete amplifier, it's super fast and pretty meaty. Def more api than neve.

I have no opto comps on the drawing board yet. Maybe later

In Paris you buy from Floating Point Audio
Old 23rd February 2012
Ok, I'm anxious to try. This will be my first foray into 500-land. Let us know when we can order. =)
Old 23rd February 2012
Thanks for your input LINDELL ....
Can t wait to try your stuff ...

PEACE

MORDICUS
Old 23rd February 2012
Gear Addict

Definitely interested in the compressor - can't wait to give it a go! Thanks for the excellent work Lindell, I've been on the lookout for something 1176-ish in the 500 series format (a lunchbox travels so well!).
Old 24th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
Ok, I'm anxious to try. This will be my first foray into 500-land. Let us know when we can order. =)
I'm hoping to start taking pre-orders after Musik Messe end of March.
Deliver date should be around June 1st.
Old 24th February 2012
Lives for gear

Where can I buy your products in Spain?
Old 24th February 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Baron View Post
Where can I buy your products in Spain?
Hi, I don't have any distribution in Spain so far. But I hope to have one after Musik Messe.... Stay tuned
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search