The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Liquid Notes - music intelligence
Old 12th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyByStarbucks View Post
really enjoying this tool. It grew on us the last few weeks and finally made the buy. There is nothing else like it that we've found. Great job, Liquids!
Thank you, we're very happy that you like it! We have a free update coming in the next days, will provide details here soon.
Old 12th February 2012
Gear interested

I made another vid about the setting "Force harmony" and "force melody"! I had to do some research, but I found this setting to be too important than to not NOT make a vid about it... if I make any sense right now

check...it...Out!

Forcing Harmony and Melody with Liquid Notes.mov - YouTube
Old 12th February 2012
Lives for gear

Interesting stuff
Why not download midi files of famous songs and re harmonise them ...hey presto a new song !!!
Old 12th February 2012
Gear interested

Cool idea- do you know where to get free midi files of famous songs? Not self made crappy ones but good stuff?

could be grant!
Old 12th February 2012
Lives for gear

Old 12th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliquid25 View Post
@AcoosticZoo

This is correct. The trial version does come with all bells and whistles of the standard version of Liquid Notes, except for the capability to export projects.

The price of Liquid Notes in the US will be set at $199 (excl. tax). Please note that the price in Euro includes the sales tax (=final price), as this is the standard in (Continental) Europe.

We are working on starting US-operations, and will inform here about the launch and any special offers we might provide. Stay tuned for an update.
Hi BLiquid. We just purchased this a few hours ago at $269 USD (199 Euros)? What happened? Are we reading your post correctly? Or is this something happening 'down the road' so to speak?

thanks so much for a wonderful product, nontheless!
Old 12th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedrian View Post
I made another vid about the setting "Force harmony" and "force melody"! I had to do some research, but I found this setting to be too important than to not NOT make a vid about it... if I make any sense right now

check...it...Out!

Forcing Harmony and Melody with Liquid Notes.mov - YouTube
Excellent Vids! Thanks so much!

Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

Im trying to open the demo but it just freezes on the first Liquid Notes box as soon as you open, any tips? Im on windows 7, 64bit
Old 13th February 2012
DSK
Lives for gear

Why do people in the US always pay less I can't understand.
I have nothing agains US... it's just that it feel unfair.

199$ is 150€... instead we EU people have to pay 165€ + VAT
While I get the VAT part I don't get the unfair pricing.

I mean just to have that .99 marketing gimmick?

Please tell me that I'm wrong?
I mean you guys are making an excellent product and really seem like really great guys.

You gave in all your posts the impression your pricing is fair considering it's strictly for working professional composers, your costs research etc.

...and I respected that and was actually thinking of saving up for it...

..but then you make this .99 thing feeling like it's just a rounded pseudo random amount.... like maybe you just thought "heeey 199 souds cool..."

"We should price it like that (199€ for EU and 199$ for US) even if it will be completely unfair for for people in the EU that earn less than what a US person does... it just sound cool.. 199... and also it's a nice mind trap sounding like 100 something having the 1 in the front even if it's actually 200)

Seriously as a EU citizen in a country where people earn 1/4 of the normal EU or US citizen I feel neglected.

PS I have nothing against people pricing their product as they wish.
I know how hard it is to create great SW and I appreciate what work has been done in this field the past few years.

What I don't like is when the "rich get richer and the poor get poorer" so to speak...
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
@AcoosticZoo

The price of Liquid Notes in the US will be set at $199 (excl. tax). Please note that the price in Euro includes the sales tax (=final price), as this is the standard in (Continental) Europe.
@DSK: I agree to question marketing strategies and different market prices etc...but check out the brackets of the above quote.

US price= 199$ excluding taxes
EU price= 199€ including taxes

I might point out sth completely irrelevant, but I guess it comes to somewhat the same price... and yeah, .99 sucks... I guess they kinda have to play that game though as every other business does.

@BodyByStarbucks... Dunno if my text could help you too...
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
@DSK: I agree to question marketing strategies and different market prices etc...but check out the brackets of the above quote.

I might point out sth completely irrelevant, but I guess it comes to somewhat the same price... and yeah, .99 sucks... I guess they kinda have to play that game though as every other business does.

@BodyByStarbucks... Dunno if my text could help you too...
thanks-and understood. however, at least in California, there are never US Taxes on digital downloads from anywhere in the world.
ps-the more videos the merrier. Yours is one of the reasons we decided to make the purchase in the first place
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

I'll keep them coming! Never knew that making these little vids could be so much fun
Old 13th February 2012
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:

Since you missed it I'll quote it again so it will be clear why I made a fuss about the pricing.

Somewhat the same price cannot be said in the case of 10% more:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK
199$ is 150€... instead we EU people have to pay 165€ + VAT
While I get the VAT part I don't get the unfair pricing.
So it's not universal pricing.. it's geo-fence-pricing, and I don't like geo-fencing as a principle because as it's used now it kind of defeats the purpose of the internet.

It it were at the same price as in US 150€ + VAT there would be no objections from me as it's normal in EU.

Anyway it was a long shot to get this one soon so this made my decision of not getting it and forgetting about it easier.
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

I understand your point- maybe it has also to do with the PPP (purchasing power parity) or sth else.

15 bugs difference in pricing is decent- but I get it, its about principle.
On the other hand, if you start applying principle it might be hard to buy anything at all in this wicked system.

I just know that it is a cool product- but hey, they (prob Bliquid) might even have a good response to our discussion here"

I bought the software and have to state, that it has really changed my style of creating music.

Thats basically my heavy pro- argument. For me it outweighed, and still outweighs all cons.

But no offense man- I understand your reasoning.
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Hi BLiquid. We just purchased this a few hours ago at $269 USD (199 Euros)? What happened? Are we reading your post correctly? Or is this something happening 'down the road' so to speak?
@BodyByStarbucks

Sorry to everyone here! This has been an 'immature' comment - I have been trying to highlight the fact of taxes included (EU) vs taxes excluded (US) and have unintentionally laid a trap for myself in naming a price that is not agreed upon internally within Re-Compose.

As of today we do have a representative office in the US but no legal entity in the US that would permit us to start selling products in US Dollars. We are working hard on setting this up, and only then a sales price in USD is going to be announced.

Apologies for this, but once more thanks for the immediate response!
Old 13th February 2012
Lives for gear

B-
Thanks for the clarification. Been using it (LN) all night.

cheers fro LA, CA

Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
thanks-and understood. however, at least in California, there are never US Taxes on digital downloads from anywhere in the world.
@BodyByStarbucks

Thanks for pointing that out! The US has different rules concerning the application of sales tax, mostly varying on a state by state basis. This is what keeps us busy in setting up the US operations.
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Why do people in the US always pay less I can't understand. I have nothing agains US... it's just that it feel unfair.
@DSK

Also to you my sincerest apologies for making a comment on pricing that was not very well thought of! We are all overwhelmed by the reaction it has caused, and I'd like to say a big 'thanks' to everyone here for pointing out what is important to you when it comes to pricing.

Let me state it clearly: We do not want to treat anyone unfair, and neither do we want to rip anyone off. We want to make great products that help you in doing what you do on a daily basis - producing great music.

As for differences in prices between USD and EUR, these might always vary to some degree with the volatility of the exchange rate. However, as mentioned above it is not our intention to give any country preferential treatment. That would be unfair!
Sales tax being included or excluded sometimes can give a blurred picture, so we're working on that to make it transparent for everyone.
Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

Old 13th February 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by juansep View Post
Im trying to open the demo but it just freezes on the first Liquid Notes box as soon as you open, any tips? Im on windows 7, 64bit
Can you send us an email at support@re-compose.com so we can get in touch with you? Thanks!
Old 13th February 2012
DSK
Lives for gear

Quote:
@DSK

Also to you my sincerest apologies for making a comment on pricing that was not very well thought of! We are all overwhelmed by the reaction it has caused, and I'd like to say a big 'thanks' to everyone here for pointing out what is important to you when it comes to pricing.

Let me state it clearly: We do not want to treat anyone unfair, and neither do we want to rip anyone off. We want to make great products that help you in doing what you do on a daily basis - producing great music.

As for differences in prices between USD and EUR, these might always vary to some degree with the volatility of the exchange rate. However, as mentioned above it is not our intention to give any country preferential treatment. That would be unfair!
Sales tax being included or excluded sometimes can give a blurred picture, so we're working on that to make it transparent for everyone.
I'm sorry if I have upset anyone it's just that sometimes the .99 pricing is getting on my nerves (mall/supermarket/marketing-phobia)

As for pricing: it should be fair for everyone including the developer.
I know it's a though market filled with piracy, competition etc a niche product and you have to price it in this range.

And again I respect that.
I can truly imagine the amount of work that you guys have put into this.

I have nothing personal and yes I know that exchange rates may vary ..
...and that's why many companies have a single price on which they just add the VAT after.

PSP does just that: they advertise in US $ then just add VAT in the cart depending on where you live.

I really don't like the capitalist economic system, especially how flawed and how viciously it functions here at the outskirt of the EU but I respect it because I respect peoples work, so if these are the "rules", in return I expect that I should be respected as a consumer.

@swedrian I'll point it again 10% is not a small difference and I made this fuss especially now before they made it official!

Take it as a warning that pricing discrepancies may bring the pricing police like me but after they moved copies thus being unfair.

Today there are some great examples on how to sell SW globally.
As a disclosure I am mainly a becoming/working architect and I work with some niche SW.
One day at our company we needed a road engineering SW to devise a road plan based on topo measurings.
We found the best tool for that purpose at a canadian SW company.
When we went to get a quote on their site they had a pricing system based on income per capita. So we selected our country and the price was at almost a 4th of the price for Canada US or other EU countries.
They just gave us a fair chance to get it and we did.

That's how I see SW sales mostly: a chance for me to support the company but with my purchasing power.

It's not a bargain and it's a greater financial effort for me at a 50% sale than it is at full price for people in other places.

Again I really like this product, the way it adapts to how you compose and you guys seem really responsive, intelligent and cool so again I feel a bit bad for speaking my mind and bringing a somewhat offtopic discussion.

I really want you guys to succed at this!

My personal advice if you wish to keep the .99 gimmick to have it advertised at 199$ + VAT or just have a currency converter in your shop.

I have to go now but I'll come back with a review of the SW once I get the chance to test it for more.
Old 13th February 2012
Gear interested

@DSK

I did some research and you are right- 10 percent is a lot. I guess I was a bit fast with my assumption, that it "only" comes down to 15 dollars. Thanks for your post!

I do not want the pricing police on my back for defending sth that would be unfair

@Bliquid: Thanks for your post too! It sure brought some clarity.

Hey DSK! Im looking forward to your Review- Im really interested to see your perspective on it.
Old 17th February 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussyg2007 View Post
Interesting stuff
Why not download midi files of famous songs and re harmonise them ...hey presto a new song !!!
I uploaded a new vid- this time without talking, just business

Ave maria (Bach/Gounod) liquefied. Thanks gussyg2007- I had a blast! I hope you will too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azabhGrJGA4
Old 17th February 2012
Lives for gear

Old 17th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornvalley View Post
Sounds pitiful. Hoped you learned something.
Nice 'tude, Cornholio.
Old 17th February 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Nice 'tude, Cornholio.
Here's my tude dude.... Some activities build self esteem and others don't. You want to be a piece of softwares bitch or put the effort and sweat into building your own harmonic progression vocabulary?
Old 17th February 2012
DSK
Lives for gear

@Cornvalley

Then why do you need keys on a keyboard? Or fret on a guitar?

Why not play only the violin? Or better yet as the violin has tuned strings, just your perfectly tuned voice?

Without a proper vocabulary and proper ear training this will not take you anywhere.

You kinda miss the point of the software. It's not here to replace your compositional skills but to aid you.

If you feel threatened by this software you are then questioning your own skills.

You don't want to be an instrument's bitch how about putting the effort into building your own?
Old 17th February 2012
Lives for gear

You're an embarrassment to Southern California. Nice going.
Old 17th February 2012
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornvalley View Post
Sounds pitiful. Hoped you learned something.
Pitiful, huh?
Alright- What about a challenge?

Use the same software and the same midi file and show me, how its supposed to sound. You may add whatever you want to add but you may not change the original midi composition.

Otherwise your criticism is just hot air. But I guess thats just what some ppl in forums are about- are you one of them?

Here is the link to the trial version of the software:

Liquid Notes - Download

And I think the midi file should be attached.

Show me what you got bro!
Attached Files
File Type: zip ave_maria.mid.zip (1.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 17th February 2012
Lives for gear

wrd.
Loading mentioned products ...
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search