Waves NLS & 64 bit (v9)
Old 19th March 2012
  #451
Gear interested
 

Just a short tip for those who see their hard disk appear as "Untitled" in WLC:

On the left side under "Connected Devices", just hit the small pencil icon right next to "Untitled". This way you can give any connected device a personalized name (which must not necessarily reflect the name of the device itself).
Attached Thumbnails
Waves NLS & 64 bit (v9)-screenshot_02.jpg  
Old 19th March 2012
  #452
Lives for gear
 
World Studios's Avatar
As asked before, what happens to the V6/7/8 licenses on my iLok when I upgrade to V9. Surely, they do not stay there? Then, I could sell them for, like a few €'s...
Old 19th March 2012
  #453
Lives for gear
 

I updated one of my Waves plugins to V9 and it seems to run just fine on my computer. I don't use my plugins anywhere else, so activation within a single computer is just fine. I also wonder what will happen to the iLok asset of that same plugin, however...
Old 19th March 2012
  #454
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Studios View Post
As asked before, what happens to the V6/7/8 licenses on my iLok when I upgrade to V9. Surely, they do not stay there? Then, I could sell them for, like a few €'s...
I want to know the answer to this too... anyone?
Old 19th March 2012
  #455
Gear addict
 
MatzeMillion's Avatar
 

Can someone confirm the weird mousewheel behavior I have with 10.7.3 and Waves v9 (Mighty Mouse)?

up down is fine, left right seems mirrored. Tried Q10 and C6
Old 19th March 2012
  #456
Gear interested
 

When you open the WOLI_V9 app, how long is it supposed to say "Gathering information..."? Here it looks a little like it's stuck.

ADDITION: The installer app on their website doesn't work on Lion.
Old 19th March 2012
  #457
Lives for gear
Talking Is it just me...

Anyone else think the old 32 bit (V8) plugs sounded better than these new 64 bit ones
Old 19th March 2012
  #458
Moderator
 
TonyBelmont's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyTheAvatar View Post
I want to know the answer to this too... anyone?
They are removed (or de-activated) from the ilok before you complete the upgrade process... So, essentially they will no longer exist..
Old 19th March 2012
  #459
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 

Tony is it still possible to buy V8 plugins ?
Old 19th March 2012
  #460
Moderator
 
TonyBelmont's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Tony is it still possible to buy V8 plugins ?
Yes. But, NLS will only be a V9 plugin.
Old 19th March 2012
  #461
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 

By the way is the codemeter key works ? i remember beeing able to open and explore it like a regular usb key so maybe it would work .....
Old 19th March 2012
  #462
Lives for gear
 
Rick Sutton's Avatar
 

Just checking a sig problem
Old 19th March 2012
  #463
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
Yes. But, NLS will only be a V9 plugin.
Cool , for how long it will be possible to buy , use V8 installer ?

Also do you have any infos of the use of ilok for V9 ? any way to have authorisation for 2 systems without dongle ?
Old 19th March 2012
  #464
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
They are removed from the ilok before you complete the upgrade process... So, essentially they will no longer exist..
No in my case, as of yet...
Old 19th March 2012
  #465
Moderator
 
TonyBelmont's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Cool , for how long it will be possible to buy , use V8 installer ?
I don't know... for the foreseeable future, but they are going to want to get people up to V9. You need to specifically request a downgraded license.

Quote:
any way to have authorisation for 2 systems without dongle ?
I don't believe so.
Old 19th March 2012
  #466
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
My WUP for Platinum expired yesterday .... no more waves for me...
I sent a small wish to waves I could have WUP one day longer.... they kindly make my WUP one day longer.

BIG THNX WAVES!
Old 19th March 2012
  #467
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by @l3x!5 View Post
Most probably.
Now that you mention it, I remember renaming the drive for convenience using the drawing pencil icon prior to operate the licenses transfer.
Yeah, just had confirmation from WAVES about this... All good!
Old 19th March 2012
  #468
Gear addict
 
studioprojekt's Avatar
 

1. With v8 (jbridged to 64bit) in Cubase 6 64 bit I had a Waves folder and there were my all Waves plugins. Now they are in VSTplugins/Distorsion and VSTplugins/Dynamics folder with I dont like. What shall I do for back them to one folder VSTplugins/Waves ?

2. I dont like to hold licences on USB drive. I want to use Hard Drive. But no luck. When I send them to HDD and disable internet connection it says no licences ! Do I have a internet connection permamently to use Waves plugins ? I don't want to use internet connection on my DAW computer :( Its slow down PC with must install firewall, antivirus and netcard itself...

Oh dear...

:(
Old 19th March 2012
  #469
Gear interested
 

Not a very impressive experience so far. The V9 installer app on their website doesn't work on Lion. The Lion compatible installer I was directed to on an ftp server doesn't work either - it doesn't have privileges to install the necessary files and there's no way of authorizing it.
Old 19th March 2012
  #470
Lives for gear
 
jbrown1music's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaskyhn View Post
Not a very impressive experience so far. The V9 installer app on their website doesn't work on Lion. The Lion compatible installer I was directed to on an ftp server doesn't work either - it doesn't have privileges to install the necessary files and there's no way of authorizing it.
Thats wierd. Worked like a charm for me. I downloaded my v9 plugs right on lion from the waves website. I was up and running in less then 30 minutes. Also the licenses on a cloud concept is not as difficult as every is making it. I rather them be on the cloud then have to download to another form of dongle
Old 19th March 2012
  #471
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown1music View Post
Thats wierd. Worked like a charm for me. I downloaded my v9 plugs right on lion from the waves website. I was up and running in less then 30 minutes. Also the licenses on a cloud concept is not as difficult as every is making it. I rather them be on the cloud then have to download to another form of dongle
Strange. Still haven't got it working. At least Waves Support answers emails relatively fast.
Old 19th March 2012
  #472
Gear interested
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown1music View Post
Thats wierd. Worked like a charm for me. I downloaded my v9 plugs right on lion from the waves website. I was up and running in less then 30 minutes. Also the licenses on a cloud concept is not as difficult as every is making it. I rather them be on the cloud then have to download to another form of dongle
Worked perfect for me as well, on OSX Lion. I updated Gold, Studio Classics, InPhase, KMT & H-EQ in about 30 minutes this morning. All V9 plugs worked in Logic 9 & Pro Tools 10.

On a side note if you received a free plug (GTR3 for Gold) you need to install that with the V9 installer but there will not be a separate authorization, seems it was already imbedded in the V9 Gold authorization.

Also there is no trace of the V8 stuff left, looks like V9 completely replaced it.

Mike
Old 19th March 2012
  #473
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 

Thks Tony .....
Old 19th March 2012
  #474
Lives for gear
 
Zyzygis's Avatar
 

I updated on my studio imac and was nervous when some updates seemed to be unavailable. Trying the update option a second or third time they worked, strange! The V8 plug I didn't upgrade (only AudioTrack who's WUP expired last month) still work with my ilok. Not sure why there is no update all option, seems needlessly complex to have to update all individually.
Old 19th March 2012
  #475
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Cool , for how long it will be possible to buy , use V8 installer ?

Also do you have any infos of the use of ilok for V9 ? any way to have authorisation for 2 systems without dongle ?
No, not without any dongle. Yes, with 1 dongle...

- Install WLC and your Plugs on computer 1
- Put the licenses on a USB stick.
- remove the stick and put it in computer 2.
- Just install the plugins without WLC on computer 2. All plugs will work.
- Leave the stick in computer 2.
- Go to "recover licenses" in WLC on computer 1.
- move/force them from the stick (that is still in the other computer) to the HD as if the usb stick is lost/broken/etc.
- Your licenses are now on the HD of computer 1 so the plugs work without a dongle.
- The stick in Computer 2 will keep working untill you open WLC with the stick connected.

The pop window in the last procedure will tell you that you can only do that once per year. Makes sense, or you could create a whole bunch of licensed USB sticks. HOWEVER. If you retrieve the lost/broken USB stick (that, in this case isn't actually lost/broken) and connect it again, the licenses will be reset again. The USB stick will stop working, the licenses are still on you HD from comp 2, and the one year period is also RESET again. No harm done.

It's an obvious loophole that almost feels like they left on purpose. I have the stick connected to my Imac and the licenses are on my MBPs HD.

No idea if it works in your situation, but it might...
Old 19th March 2012
  #476
Gear addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
I sent a small wish to waves I could have WUP one day longer.... they kindly make my WUP one day longer.

BIG THNX WAVES!
It's stuff like this that you don't hear about too often in the din of Waves bashing... These guys are a great bunch that do work hard for their customer, (big and little).

Good on ya Waves!
Old 20th March 2012
  #477
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavano View Post
No, not without any dongle. Yes, with 1 dongle...

- Install WLC and your Plugs on computer 1
- Put the licenses on a USB stick.
- remove the stick and put it in computer 2.
- Just install the plugins without WLC on computer 2. All plugs will work.
- Leave the stick in computer 2.
- Go to "recover licenses" in WLC on computer 1.
- move/force them from the stick (that is still in the other computer) to the HD as if the usb stick is lost/broken/etc.
- Your licenses are now on the HD of computer 1 so the plugs work without a dongle.
- The stick in Computer 2 will keep working untill you open WLC with the stick connected.

The pop window in the last procedure will tell you that you can only do that once per year. Makes sense, or you could create a whole bunch of licensed USB sticks. HOWEVER. If you retrieve the lost/broken USB stick (that, in this case isn't actually lost/broken) and connect it again, the licenses will be reset again. The USB stick will stop working, the licenses are still on you HD from comp 2, and the one year period is also RESET again. No harm done.

It's an obvious loophole that almost feels like they left on purpose. I have the stick connected to my Imac and the licenses are on my MBPs HD.

No idea if it works in your situation, but it might...
Man thanks for doing excatly what i was thinking of !! and thks for explaining it that well , this should be stiky
Old 20th March 2012
  #478
Lives for gear
 
Jeezo's Avatar
 

Question : you can do that once a year per plugin or per time (let's say you have 3 plugins , you do this for the 3 plugins at different time or it allows once recovery per year and you choose witch plugin to recover ?
Old 20th March 2012
  #479
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomaskyhn View Post
Not a very impressive experience so far. The V9 installer app on their website doesn't work on Lion. The Lion compatible installer I was directed to on an ftp server doesn't work either - it doesn't have privileges to install the necessary files and there's no way of authorizing it.
Check your permissions on the "WAVES" folder in applications. Make sure "everyone" can "read and write."

Then repair permissions. Restart CPU. Try again.
Old 20th March 2012
  #480
Quote:
Originally Posted by studioprojekt View Post
1. With v8 (jbridged to 64bit) in Cubase 6 64 bit I had a Waves folder and there were my all Waves plugins. Now they are in VSTplugins/Distorsion and VSTplugins/Dynamics folder with I dont like. What shall I do for back them to one folder VSTplugins/Waves ?
There's a preference on Cubase were you can sort your plugs by vendor instead of folders/categories.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
derker / Music Computers
14
Matt Hepworth / So much gear, so little time!
26
tGauge / So much gear, so little time!
25
Recording David / Music Computers
0
Recording David / Music Computers
0

Forum Jump
 
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search