Old 1st March 2012
Gear Addict

whats the price anyway?
Old 2nd March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledecker View Post
Only thing missing are salt and pepper shakers
.....and two more dedicated cue mix busses.
Old 2nd March 2012
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPl View Post
Yes, and check out that retro LCD. I like the idea they have it mounted out of line of sight and in the corner. Like they say, "Out of sight, out of mind".

And dual "steering wheel" style scrubber.....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSt0rm View Post
Well, actually everything that you see behind the keyboard is 100% the monitoring section(besides the steering wheels ofcoarse).

You will be required to purchase your own desk to fit this into and be responsible for adding your own: preamps,convertors,faders, controls, outboard, etc...

But trust me, it really is a convienent and well thought out device which will completely strealine your workflow. Everything that you will need is there.
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

I BET this will never be released.
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vulture View Post
$0.02?
Old 4th March 2012
I waited for the pictures and then when slate failed to show them I bought something else. If you feel that this will never come to life I suggest you do the same.
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Neither will you
Old 4th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesS!eR35 View Post
whats the price anyway?
Just a basic calculation of Argosy desk prices, say an Avocet (more features with i/o and cue mix so unfortunately probably more expensive), good VU and LED meters, plugins from Slate, and if MC mixes are included, it'll easily run over 10K.
Can't see it coming cheap.
Old 5th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
$500.
Old 6th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Your comments throughout this entire thread have been wearing many of us thin. If you are trying to win the award for "troller of the year on GS", you are currently a frontrunner.
Old 6th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
Just a basic calculation of Argosy desk prices, say an Avocet (more features with i/o and cue mix so unfortunately probably more expensive), good VU and LED meters, plugins from Slate, and if MC mixes are included, it'll easily run over 10K.
Can't see it coming cheap.
+1

It'll have to be well over 10K, probably *significantly* higher depending on options chosen. I'd love to be wrong about that, but that's unlikely unless Slate moves production to China.
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

Any news?
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Any news?
$0.02
Old 10th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Any news?
Your interest in a product you insist to have no interest in is interesting to say the least.
Old 10th March 2012
Gear maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbjp View Post
Your interest in a product you insist to have no interest in is interesting to say the least.
Here here.
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

This is somehow funny..

I think it is a bummer product.
But the lack of posts proves it to.

But by all means.
Peace to everybody
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is somehow funny..

But by all means.
Peace to everybody
I think it's beyond suspicious that someone who joined GS two months ago has put this much negative spam into a thread for a product which they have no interest in.
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Why would someone Black Entertainment Television something wouldn't get released!
Old 13th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is somehow funny..

But by all means.
Peace to everybody
Ever heard the expression: Don't call us, we'll call you?
Old 14th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtugs View Post
Ever heard the expression: Don't call us, we'll call you?
Yes.

But I think they realize themselves that this is a failing product.
As I said.
I bet it will not hit the marked.

But jezz..
Don`t cry folks.
It`s just a thread on a forum..
Old 14th March 2012
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Makes total sense.. I mean cmon.. getting "Best In Show" at NAMM and Mix Magazines "Certified Hit" and having guys like Mike Shipley request to have the first unit is a sure sign that we really should kill the product...

Back to reality... we've been working nonstop on our new concepts and I'm more and more excited each day. I'll have more information as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 15th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes.

As I said.

But jezz..
Don`t cry folks.
Funny it could be a failing product when it's not actually yet a product. All you've seen so far is a prototype, a proof of concept.

And it's either of the idioms "hit the market" or "hit the mark". I'm sure you mean one of those.
Old 16th March 2012
My opinion means nothing, because there is no chance in hell I could afford something like this, but. . . . . . . .

I don't get why the Raven is getting such bad press. I completely get it! Like it or not digital is and will take over, that is the way music production is going.

I know there are a lot of older people on these forums, people who have grown up with analogue and don't want to let it go. But for the next generation, this is what we need! A good looking, well thought out console, although I don't really want to call it a console. Something that can give us nice hands on control, which can improve our workflow and make life a little better.

People seem to complain that there is too much empty space, but I love the Raven for that. I don't want wires and buttons and knobs everywhere, I want my workstation to be neat, tidy and simplistic. It's how I work in the digital realm, and the less clutter I have around me the more I can focus on. . . . can you guess what I'm going to say?. . . . The music! If you like analogue recording and workflows then no, I completely see why you don't like the idea of this. But If you have spent your life %100 in the digital world, this is a great idea. There are consoles like the C24, Icon, D-command etc. But these seem to be built to make the analogue guys feel at home in the digital world. This is a product for the digital guys feel at home in the digital world.

If the Ipad app v-control (is that what it's called?) is so good at mapping plugs isn't there some way that the code could be mapped for physical knobs?

And I don't really like all the Apple love, Ipad/Iphone connectivity is all well and good, but isn't that restrictive? I myself am a windows/android man, out of choice because I prefer these OS's to the apple OS's. If I could afford such a lovely piece of gear/furniture, it would be nice to know that my personal choices were catered for, that I could hook up my galaxy nexus.
Old 16th March 2012
Gear nut

When I first saw it, I thought it was a definite home run for mixers, but a no go for composers/mixers, because yes, the computer was now in front, but the keys for inputing notes had to still stand on the side.

Then I saw that the overwhelming feedback led Steven to reconsider the prototype and try to integrate this as an option with what I believe will be a solid sliding tray (gotta stand my 26kg Numa Nero at least !).

I can't wait to see the new design, because this is exactly what I've been waiting for a long time, an all-integrated one-stop elegant, ergonomical solution.

Little suggestion to Steven : as far as Europe is concerned, you might want to have a talk with Arno Unterlass regarding the optional furniture to house the Raven X1, as Argosy is rather expensive to send abroad. Arno designs wonderful desks which in my opinion could pretty much get everybody happy since they're beautifuly designed, integrate lots of option (including custom) for handling hardware and keyboards, and are reasonably priced (well, you get what you pay for, premium quality built in Austria). UNTERLASS Studiombel - Hr auf deine Augen - www.studiotisch.com

Here's a little something that might be pretty close to what the Slate's Raven X1 might look like with the new design and keyboard option. I (would) LOVE it !

Old 16th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
Here's a little something that might be pretty close to what the Slate's Raven X1 might look like with the new design and keyboard option. I (would) LOVE it !
Little? Hopefully he could make it smaller than your image! Ha!!!

Here is a reduced size one if you want to delete that 8MB MONSTER!!!

Steven Slate debuts The RAVEN X1 Production Console-unterlass_1_big.jpg

Nice desk, though!
Old 16th March 2012
Gear nut

Oups ! Just posted and left, and didn't see the mayhem !

I edited the post.

Well, back on topic, the merge of both products would be a dream come true for european customers, unless Steven has something else up his sleeve...
Old 17th March 2012
PDC
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Makes total sense.. I mean cmon.. getting "Best In Show" at NAMM and Mix Magazines "Certified Hit" and having guys like Mike Shipley request to have the first unit is a sure sign that we really should kill the product...

Back to reality... we've been working nonstop on our new concepts and I'm more and more excited each day. I'll have more information as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Steven
That's ok Steven. Jesus did his thing and people turned on him when he was old news.
Old 19th March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes.

As I said.

But jezz..
Don`t cry folks.

WOOHOO! Look what I discovered. Bye Bye Vulture, I don't have to put up with your trolling anymore. I bet there are some other folks here who will do the same.
See screenshot below.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 2132
Size:  16.2 KB
Old 21st March 2012
Gear addict

Those namm awards are garbage, just saying, namm as an organization is crooked
Old 21st March 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimag333 View Post
Those namm awards are garbage, just saying, namm as an organization is crooked
The awards aren't issued by the organizers of NAMM. They are various media outlets that choose what they think are best in show. Magazines and the like.

They may in fact be garbage, but obviously not for your reasons.

Why, pray tell, is NAMM crooked? What is your special insight aside from eschewing the Shift key?
Loading mentioned products ...
Topic:

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search