Here for the gear

Does Auria run on the iPhone?
Old 8th November 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothermix View Post
Does Auria run on the iPhone?
No.
(Even though the iphone 5 is twice as fast as the iPad 3 so it might be possible)
Old 8th November 2012
Lives for gear

I know there is no MIDI but is there an internal click track?
Old 8th November 2012
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim olesen View Post
No.
(Even though the iphone 5 is twice as fast as the iPad 3 so it might be possible)
That's what I thought. The iPhone5 got the faster cpu, so it should work...
Old 1st December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlheinz View Post
I know there is no MIDI but is there an internal click track?
There is a metronome.

Also, watch for my review in the January issue of Pro Audio Review. I cut a full rhythm section to an iPad, using Presonus and Focusrite interfaces. I also attempted a 42-channel orchestral session mix. And I recorded a USB mic comparison on electric guitar straight to Auria as well.
Old 7th December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn Fuston View Post
There is a metronome.

Also, watch for my review in the January issue of Pro Audio Review. I cut a full rhythm section to an iPad, using Presonus and Focusrite interfaces. I also attempted a 42-channel orchestral session mix. And I recorded a USB mic comparison on electric guitar straight to Auria as well.
I'll look forward to that.

I've used this software quite a lot and am getting to really like it.
It reminds me of the good old days when there
were big mixing consoles & no MIDI and computers.

Most of the time, I use the Alesis ioDock interface.
But I've used both a Presonus & Sonic Cell with it too.

There are some problems. Now & then, an inexplicably silent track. Sometimes there is some distortion on a track from the ioDock. But these are easily worked around. Just move to another track and it's fine.

I really like the mixdown & upload feature. You do it all at once. I wish there were more default settings in the FX. I'm not a pro-audio engineer. A lot of that is lost on me.
Old 7th December 2012
Motown legend

People throw around the term "game changer" but this really is one in three respects.

1. it's so cheap any high school kid can afford it

2. it's trivially portable with massive battery life

3. there are no virtual instruments which demands the greater creativity of live performance

This could easily inspire a new generation of compelling artists on stage that rekindles popular music by ending the dominance of MIDIthink.
Old 8th December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
People throw around the term "game changer" but this really is one in three respects.

1. it's so cheap any high school kid can afford it

2. it's trivially portable with massive battery life

3. there are no virtual instruments which demands the greater creativity of live performance

This could easily inspire a new generation of compelling artists on stage that rekindles popular music by ending the dominance of MIDIthink.
Are you using Auria live?

I've thought it would be a great live recording app. But I suppose it would be good for accompaniment as well. But if I were to go that route, I would use my Sonic Cell for accompaniment and record the gig w/Auria.
Old 8th December 2012
Lives for gear

FWIW... Wave Machine Labs just came out with an update for Auria.

Peace...
Attached Thumbnails
Wave Machine Labs  - Auria-auria-update.jpg  
Old 16th March 2013
Lives for gear

This is indeed a game changer - at least for me. I came up in the age of tape. In what must be the ultimate irony, this step forward takes me back in time, back to a simpler time. Brings me back to something I lost in the daw world: simplicity.

How many times have I lost inspiration, weaving through the maze of stuff you have to set up in Logic: oops I need to load that template, oh shoot, I need to reroute that input, oh where`s this, oh uh did I save....often after 10 minutes of frustration, the "fresh" inspiration has faded.

For those of us who remember the sheer beauty of: arm track, hit the red button, done - this is back home. Just yesterday, I got two or three new ideas down. Everything is so, so damn simple. Now Apogee has the quartet and it, along with others such as the RME UFX will pipe in via ADAT. Track with your fav high end gear - direct to an iPad, in seconds.

If I am not doing a complex midi arrangement, need to lay down drums first or I need the power of DAW to get basic tracks down, I go this route. Live gigs -forget it, new interface with Adat expansion - record a full band. I was just about to buy a Tascam stand alone multitrack for these purposes - sketchpad and live gigs. Now that`s changed. This thing is awesome - and the plug ins - you'd be surprised just how good they really are. This is no toy, this is (especially with interfaces like the Quartet), the new frontier.

Cdlt
📝 Reply