The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Akai MPC Renaissance
Old 10th January 2012
Lives for gear

The real MPC renaissance sequencer is in the tempest don't let akai fool you - (after MPC 3000 they just continue to steal Roger Linn code but without magic...)
Old 10th January 2012 | Show parent

Those prices are not correct.. the price has not been announced to dealers or the general public.
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaidon View Post
No,it's not.
But if that's what you get out of it,that's cool bro!
well said

Imo, this is a product to pay attention to, especially because of the Akai know-how. They have been working on this music production workflow for YEARS. In reality, Maschine is the new-comer.

I will keep an eye on this even if I am already a Maschine user.

I am curious as to the interaction as a VST. I mean, the legendary AND authentic MPC workflow as a VSTi and with authentic MPC pads? **** yeah, I definitely am all ears!!

Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by studioprojekt View Post
And is this new MPC have a midi multitimbral ? Can I use Cubase for send midi to MPC. For example:

Cubase midi channel out 1 -> midi in channel 1 MPC kick (audio mono OUT1)
Cubase midi channel out 2 -> midi in channel 2 MPC bass (audio mono OUT2)

I was try this with MPC 2500SE, but no multitimbral. MPC2500 was always listen on midichannel 1...

Only MPC4000 was a multitimbral, as I know...
Of course it should be multitimbral as there are no VST limitations in this department. A very easy implementation as a matter of fact. However, since the DSI Tempest fiasco (a drum machine that can't be clock-slaved to MIDI) you literally never know...
Lives for gear

Sorry, the temptest, the Mpc 4000 & 5000's sequencer is very tight and as good as the 3000..

Quote:
Originally Posted by isham View Post
The real MPC renaissance sequencer is in the tempest don't let akai fool you - (after MPC 3000 they just continue to steal Roger Linn code but without magic...)
Old 11th January 2012 | Show parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseus View Post
Quick heads up : it seems that the MPC Renaissance is going to work in 64 bit according to the translation of this dutch website.

Makes sense that they release something in 64 bit, but if it's confirmed, it's good news.
It's a bad translation... It's referring to the 64-track sequencing capability. I wouldn't use that as confirmation either way.
Old 11th January 2012 | Show parent
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
It's a bad translation... It's referring to the 64-track sequencing capability. I wouldn't use that as confirmation either way.
Finally got confirmation on Akai's pro Tweeter account :

Lil Sunnie
SunnieBeats Lil Sunnie
@Akai_pro is mpc ren/ studio 64 bit?
12 Janv

Akai Professional
@sunniebeats ^SB They sure are!
12 Janv via HootSuite

Last edited by Theseus; 16th January 2012 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 20th January 2012 | Show parent
Administrator

Video

Old 21st January 2012
Gear Guru

599$ ready for this summer

defintly gonna have a look on the studio ...if NI doesn't upgrade its hardware with a serious building quality upgrade .....i have checked 5 NI Maschine since DEc (for tye school , mine , afriends one) all are cheap ...!!
Old 27th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted Userc View Post
Of course it should be multitimbral as there are no VST limitations in this department. A very easy implementation as a matter of fact. However, since the DSI Tempest fiasco (a drum machine that can't be clock-slaved to MIDI) you literally never know...
That's funny as my tempest is perfectly slaved to logics midi clock.
Old 28th January 2012
Lives for gear

$1300 is way over prices, i expected $700-$900. I didn't know Digidesign former employees joined Akai Pro, because that's what every Digi product was, over priced lol. I guess I finally decided on if I would get Maschine instead.
Old 28th January 2012
Gear Guru

1300 is for the renaissance , not the studio witch is way cheaper and on part with maschine price ....
Old 29th January 2012
Lives for gear

the studio IMO competes with mikro which is far cheaper. i expect akai pro to go higher in price, but i feel the studio is still over priced.
Old 29th January 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

shame they got someone so cack handed and allowed them to try and program a beat for us...and then say 'you can sound like this for $1200!!!

I think Akai are out of step with the price.
If they really want to recoup ...and i would imagine they do...they got to get the street price right.
This is not the 80's or 90's.....people can live without Akai samplers quite easily now.
I would say they got to drop the price a little more ...and then we all would have one i feel sure.
HELLO...Akai.....123 test test....wakey wakey!!...welcome back to my studio
Old 29th January 2012
Gear Guru

Ask yourself who mutch a maschine with audio in and out , standalone features, converters and then compare it , i really think we must compare the studio vs maschine , not the big one ....

I agree anyway about akai "apple like" price policy ....
Lives for gear

I wish the MPC-R wasn't just a 'controller with VST'.

I would like Akai to do something like what Access did with the Virus TI. Hardware but also usable as a plugin within a DAW.

Having owned EVERY Akai MPC product put out, I would worry about bugs and the time it would take Akai to fix them. I do remember the OS problems that the MPC4000 had and it took over TWO YEARS for Akai to get that particular model working properly. And let's not forget about the 5000 which also had lots of bugs...

Back to my wish.... Akai, please make an MPC that's hardware and also functions as a plugin in a DAW (look at Access Virus TI if you have no idea what I'm talking about).
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Ask yourself who mutch a maschine with audio in and out , standalone features, converters and then compare it , i really think we must compare the studio vs maschine , not the big one ....
These new MPCs don't have any "standalone features" other than the software running in standalone mode just like Maschine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projektk View Post
the studio IMO competes with mikro which is far cheaper. i expect akai pro to go higher in price, but i feel the studio is still over priced.
Yup. The Studio would be trying to compete with Mikro but will be twice the price so best of luck to Akai.
Lives for gear

and imagine how $1200 will work out in the uk WITH VAT (20%) and all...
it's gonna be a no no....
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastbeat View Post
These new MPCs don't have any "standalone features" other than the software running in standalone mode just like Maschine.

Yup. The Studio would be trying to compete with Mikro but will be twice the price so best of luck to Akai.
Yep. For example, NI sells a similar type of hybrid product for their DJ line. The Traktor S4 is a beefy hardware controller with built in soundcard for $999.00 list. Just to give you an idea of how NI would price a similar controller for Maschine. The street price will need to be under a grand to be competitive.
Old 30th January 2012 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by projektk View Post
$1300 is way over prices, i expected $700-$900. I didn't know Digidesign former employees joined Akai Pro, because that's what every Digi product was, over priced lol. I guess I finally decided on if I would get Maschine instead.
i don't think its overpriced considering its an audio interface and has tons of IO options like an MPC would. Where do you plug your turntable into the maschine? I think its pretty sweet.
Old 30th January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotsoul4u View Post
i don't think its overpriced considering its an audio interface and has tons of IO options like an MPC would. Where do you plug your turntable into the maschine? I think its pretty sweet.
How about into my Saffire pro 40, or whatever recording interface people already have. Personally I'd rather buy a regular MPC, the price made sense then. I'm still on the edge of what I actually want, personally I do like the way this $1300 MPC looks so I guess it really comes down to samples and how it plays with pro tools, logic, and other DAWs. So I'm not totally against it, personally the Studio looks like a toy to me.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Gearslutz.com
📝 Reply