The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy released on patchpool Dynamics Plugins
Old 12th December 2011
Lives for gear

SamplesLoops Soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy released on patchpool

I just released this soundset for Alchemy:

The soundset Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy is the first in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments. The set contains 57 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focusses on metallic sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. This patch collection keeps the balance between real sounding metal instruments, otherworldly textures and wondrous soundscapes using also some processed electronic derivates of the sampled materials.
All sounds are sample-based, some patches use the resynthesis features in Alchemy.
You will find many patches and snapshots which sound wam, delicate and beautiful, characteristics one may not normally associate with metallic sounds.

Alchemistry Metallurgy Specs:

1.81 GB of original samples - source material:

Instruments:
China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten - multisampled and Round Robin

Glockenspiel multisampled
23 semitones (C4-A#5), 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (179 samples/386,7 MB)

2 microtonal handheld Bell Trees 8x Round Robin, 2 articulations, +textures
2 Thai Gongs multisampled + 8x Round Robin, 4 velocity layers, +texures
Thai Ching Bells - 6x Round Robin, 3 velocity layers
Tam Tam 45 cm - beaten (7xRound Robin/4 velocities), scraped and rubbed

Various multisampled metal objects:
Caviar Cans, Metal Bowl, Coins, Dumbbell plate, Small Thunder Sheet
Metal Plate (dinner tray), Anvil

Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories

All samples recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R - 48 Khz/24 Bit
U87 center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R
The industrial field recordings were done with 2 shotgun mics - Sennheiser MK 70

57 patches with 8 variations each

You can view/download the PDF for Metallurgy with more details, the licence agreement, some pics and the patch list including playing tips and description for each patch here.

Delivery: Download
Library size in total: 1.82 GB
Download size (RAR archive in 2 parts): 1.04 GB

NOTE: This Sound Bank requires the full version of Alchemy.
It does not work with the Alchemy player version.

Price: 27 €

Product page

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen
Old 13th December 2011
Lives for gear

All customers who pre-ordered Metallurgy with an Email account on sbcglobal.net should provide me with an alternative Email adress because since a few days, all those mails are returned via the Mail Delivery Subsystem.
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear

Well, I really expected something awesome from this bank given Simon's previous work BUT…this exceeded those expectations

One can go out these days and find any number of 'we've gathered up some metal and banged on it' type of libraries but for me, they seem to be mostly one-dimensional in their final form. Metallurgy for Alchemy goes beyond that first dimension into the next, MUSICAL one…creating fantastic textures and pads along with life-like strikes and tones via exceptional original performance, production, sound design, and taking full advantage of the extensive built-in sound processing of the Alchemy DSP engine.

My favorite results were with opening several (i.e three) instances of Alchemy loaded with the same patch and setting each to a different 'Remix Pad' setting while still playing the same intended musical phrase split by notes, giving a spectrum of possibility within that particular motif. A definite bonus with many patches is not to be missed in the 'Remix Pad' #8 position (several unique and favorites seemed to be 'hiding' there ;-)).

All in all, Metallurgy for Alchemy is destined to become one of my favorite thus far of the Patchpool Alchemy sets ;-)
Old 15th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy C View Post
Well, I really expected something awesome from this bank given Simon's previous work BUT…this exceeded those expectations

One can go out these days and find any number of 'we've gathered up some metal and banged on it' type of libraries but for me, they seem to be mostly one-dimensional in their final form. Metallurgy for Alchemy goes beyond that first dimension into the next, MUSICAL one…creating fantastic textures and pads along with life-like strikes and tones via exceptional original performance, production, sound design, and taking full advantage of the extensive built-in sound processing of the Alchemy DSP engine.

My favorite results were with opening several (i.e three) instances of Alchemy loaded with the same patch and setting each to a different 'Remix Pad' setting while still playing the same intended musical phrase split by notes, giving a spectrum of possibility within that particular motif. A definite bonus with many patches is not to be missed in the 'Remix Pad' #8 position (several unique and favorites seemed to be 'hiding' there ;-)).

All in all, Metallurgy for Alchemy is destined to become one of my favorite thus far of the Patchpool Alchemy sets ;-)
Thank's for the great feedback Chris!

Snapshot 8 often contains the most bizarre/wondrous/otherworldly aspect of a patch - I usually start programming with 1 and then go 1-4 building up the strangeness culminating in 8, then 7-5, ocasionally I'll also make pairs like 1-5, 2-6, 3-7, 4-8
Glad you like it
Old 16th December 2011
Lives for gear

Metallurgic Bumpage...
Old 17th December 2011
Lives for gear

Saturday afternoon bumpage...
Old 18th December 2011
Lives for gear

Grey sunday afternoon bumpage
Old 19th December 2011
Lives for gear

Metallurgy Bumpage for the new week...
Old 20th December 2011
Lives for gear

Tuesday evening Bumpage
Old 22nd December 2011
Lives for gear

Thoroughly enjoying this Simon...again great job ;-) The sample folder alone is worth it's weight in...metal :D
Old 26th December 2011
Lives for gear

Post-Christmas-Metallurgy-Bumpage
Old 28th December 2011
DSK
Lives for gear

Post-Christams-IHaveChromaphoneAndI'mGettingAlchemySoonButI'mTooPoorNowToPurchaseBothBanksFromATalentedSoundesignerAndBegsForABundleOfSomeSort?
Old 28th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Post-Christams-IHaveChromaphoneAndI'mGettingAlchemySoonButI'mTooPoorNowToPurchaseBothBanksFromATalentedSoundesignerAndBegsForABundleOfSomeSort?
LOL - Just contact me via the patchpool "make contact" button at the bottom of the main page
Old 31st December 2011
Lives for gear

Last Metallurgy Bump for 2011...
Old 2nd January 2012
Lives for gear

2012-Bumpage for Metallurgy - no rust has gathered on this soundset yet...
Old 7th January 2012
Lives for gear

Weekend Metallurgy Bumpage...
Old 15th January 2012
Lives for gear

Giving this soundset a little sunday Bumpage...
Old 1st October 2012
Lives for gear

Dear Metallurgists,

I just emailed the link to the updated presets for Alchemistry Metallurgy to all Metallurgy customers. If you don't receive that mail, please check your spam folder. If I get any bounces I will try resending the mial from another account.

In Alchemy 1.50 a new Preset Browser is introduced, this also means that the subcategories I added to all my Alchemy soundsets do not exist anymore.*
Alchemist losan - who some of you will know from the KVR and NI forums - was so incredibly kind to tag all the presets from*Alchemistry Metallurgy, he also added the original categories in the "user tags" and some playing tips from my pdf file.

You can now browse through your presets using keywords for articulations, timbre or type in the sounddesigner you're looking for - so type in e.g. "Simon Stockhausen" in the search field and all my presets will appear. Or browse by Sound Library to see all presets from Alchemistry Metallurgy in one list.

I also added a thumbnail image (png) to the preset folder so a pic will appear when a preset from Alchemistry Metallurgy is selected in the browser.
As Metallaurgy only uses very few aaz-files (resynthed sample data) this download is a small one: 6 MB

Please note:*These presets will only work with the current version of (Alchemy 1.50) and not with any previous versions.

The download folder only contains the acp and aaz-files, not the samples, you don't need to re-install the samples, only the new presets. After unzipping the file you downloaded, place the contained folder "Alchemistry Metallurgy" here and simply substitute the existing folder:

Mac: HD(not user)/Library/Application Support/Camel Audio/Alchemy/Presets*
Windows: PathToDataDirectory/Alchemy.data/Presets/*

Then use the function "Scan for New Presets" from the File Menue in Alchemy and you'll be ready to go and make full use of the new browsing system.

One more update for my Alchemy soundset Alchemistry Beyond will follow.

Simon
Old 21st November 2012
Lives for gear

This set is discounted at 25% for one day in the Novembre Bundles Deal of the day campaign.
Old 2nd March 2013
Lives for gear

There is a promo on patchpool for all my Alchemy Bank and Alchemistry Metallurgy is 22% off until March 15.
Old 12th February 2014
Lives for gear

This sound library is currently being updated. There will be about 1+ Gigabyte of samples added to Alchemistry Metallurgy and something like 20+ new patches, mainly using samples from Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for MachFive but also adding new samples. Bowed and beaten vibraphone, barrel soudns, Thai Gongs (I only had 2 when doing Metallurgy, now I have eight) and Singing Bowl-sounds, steel plant field recordings, tubular windchimes, bar chimes, shipbell sounds and waterphone gongs. I might even sample some more bells as I bought so many different ones since the release of Metallurgy, we'll see...

All users who also have a license for Scattered Entity Vol. 1 can upgrade at half the upgrade price (which hasn't been set yet).
Old 12th February 2014
Lives for gear

Excellent, one of my favorite of yours already...can't wait ;-)
Old 12th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopy C View Post
Excellent, one of my favorite of yours already...can't wait ;-)
Thank's Chris, it'll be quite a diverse collection of metallic instruments after the update.

Here is a first video with two new Thai Gong patches:
Alchemistry Metallurgy Update - Turning Thai Gongs - YouTube
Old 13th February 2014
Lives for gear

Old 15th February 2014
Lives for gear

Here are some audio demos only using patches from the updated content:

Old 17th February 2014
Lives for gear

Old 18th February 2014
Lives for gear

I just updated my sound library Alchemistry Metallurgy to version 2.0:

Alchemistry Metallurgy for Alchemy is the first library in a series focussing on specific materials and single instruments. First released in late 2011, I updated this library in February 2014 adding 1.25 GB of samples, mainly from my library Scattered Entity Vol. 1 for MachFive plus 300 MB of new bell samples.

This library now contains 84 patches with 8 variations each in the Remix Pad and focusses on metallic sounds derived from real instruments, metal objects and industrial field recordings. This patch collection keeps the balance between real sounding metal instruments, otherworldly textures and wondrous soundscapes using also some processed electronic derivates of the sampled materials.

All sounds are sample-based, some patches use the resynthesis features in Alchemy. You will find many patches and snapshots which sound wam, delicate and beautiful, characteristics one may not normally associate with metallic sounds.

Alchemistry Metallurgy Specs:
  • 3.07 GB of original samples

Instruments:
    *China Cymbal bowed, scraped and beaten - multisampled and Round Robin

*Glockenspiel multisampled 23 semitones (C4-A#5), 4x RR, 2 velocity layers (179 samples / 386,7 MB)

*Vibraphone multisampled, bowed and beaten

*2 microtonal handheld bell trees 8x Round Robin, 2 articulations, +textures

*8 Thai Gongs multisampled with up to 8x Round Robin and 4 velocity layers, +texural samples

*Thai Ching Bells - 6x Round Robin, 3 velocity layers

*Tam Tam 45 cm - beaten (7xRound Robin/4 velocities), scraped and rubbed with Rubberballs

*Three multisampled singing bowls, 3 velocity layers, 3x round robin and sustained sounds made by rubbing the bowl with the beater

*Tubular Windchimes, up to 70 cm in length

*Various multisampled and textural bells, ship bell, tibetan bells, brass bell, up to 3 velocity layers with 5x round robin

*Bar Chimes

*Waterphone gongs, hitting the bottom of a waterphone with a soft gong beater, 3 velocity layers, 5x round robin

*Various multisampled metal objects: caviar cans, metal bowl, coins, dumbbell plate, small thunder sheet, metal plate (dinner tray), anvil, oil barrel

*Industrial metal sounds recorded in factories

All samples were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in
L-C-R - 48 Khz/24 Bit - U87 center mic - a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R

The industrial field recordings were done with 2 shotgun mics
Sennheiser MK 70

You can view/download the PDF for Metallurgy with more details, the licence agreement, some pics and the patch list including playing tips and descriptions for each patch here:

Delivery: Download
Library size in total: 3.09 GB
Download size (RAR archive in 3 parts): 1.93 GB

NOTE: This Sound Bank requires the full version of Alchemy.
It does not work with the Alchemy player version.

Price version 2.0: 46 €

All owners of a license to version 1.1 can upgrade for € 18 EUR on this page.

All owners of a license to version 1.1 who also own a license to Scattered Entity Vol. 1 can upgrade for € 9 EUR on this page.

All demos were produced entirely with Alchemy using only patches from Metallurgy, no post-processing was applied apart from a Limiter on the Outputs. Only one demo uses VRoom for reverbration as stated in the title of the demo.

Some videos made with patches from the updated content:

Alchemistry Metallurgy Update - Turning Thai Gongs - YouTube

Alchemistry Metallurgy - Bells and Barrels - YouTube

Alchemistry Metallurgy - Shipbell Scape - YouTube

Alchemistry Metallurgy - Singing Bowls Pad - YouTube

Product page

Thank's for reading

Simon Stockhausen
Old 5th March 2014
Lives for gear

Old 29th August 2014
Lives for gear

Alchemistry Metallurgy is now discounted at 20% through September 7.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search