The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Altiverb 7 Released
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by javahut View Post
I wonder... did they just start on the Win7 version after releasing the Mac version?

Hopefully that's just a sarcastic rhetorical question.

19 months later, and we're still waiting for an answer. Website still says:

The Altiverb 7 plug-in for Windows has not been released yet. When you purchase Altiverb 7 today, Altiverb 6 for Windows is included. The future update to Altiverb 7 for Windows will be free.
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

Historically speaking, Altiverb began as Mac-only software. In fact, the initial marketing claimed the technology was only made viable by the Mac AltiVec engine.

Hence the name Altiverb.

This is really an Apple-based company at heart.

- c
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post

- c
Fair enough, but they should be / have been honest about that. Windows users bought into a deal that has not been delivered. We purchased Altiverb 7 for Windows, as that was what was being advertised, and we still don't have it.
Old 8th August 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Historically speaking, Altiverb began as Mac-only software. In fact, the initial marketing claimed the technology was only made viable by the Mac AltiVec engine.

Hence the name Altiverb.

- c
NOW you tell me... | Really... I've given up on 'em. And got about a bazillion better reverbs since I made the Altiverb mistake. It was a fairly expensive mistake, though. I try not to think about it too much anymore.

Old 17th August 2013
Lives for gear

I'd hardly call buying Altiverb a 'mistake.' Unless you're referring to purchasing 7 thinking a win version was right around the corner, of which I'd agree. Thankfully, I'm on a Mac.
Old 31st August 2013
Lives for gear

Come on Audioease, where's the damn windows version.
Old 22nd January 2014
Gear Head

Altivec was a G4 technology .. It's 2014 now. Make a windows version. Apple is dead.
Old 22nd January 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunker View Post
Apple is dead.
Hmmmm, seems I've heard that one before… when their stock was at $12/share.
Old 10th April 2014
Old 10th April 2014
Lives for gear

Holy jeez! Altiverb 7.2 for Windows. I thought it would never happen. Only 2 years, 4 months + later.

Now to see if it works!
Old 11th April 2014
Gear Addict

Any windows users got it up and running yet?

Manny
Old 11th April 2014
Lives for gear

Nice to see it has been released! The latest Altiverb beta for Windows has been a positive experience for me in Windows 8. Will install the release version this weekend (if it is any different than the latest beta, not sure yet).
Old 13th April 2014
Lives for gear

I bought the new windows Altiverb but can't use it because they won't send the license to my ilok so I'm already regretting purchasing it. I bought it direct from Audioease so I wouldn't have these stupid delays but maybe thats where I went wrong. I've installed it and now it won't let me use it since I don't have the new license on my ilok. I've emailed them twice with no response and I gave them my ilok id when purchasing on Friday and now it's saturday night and still no answer back. Poor service is never a good business practice so know before you buy.
Old 14th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
I bought the new windows Altiverb but can't use it because they won't send the license to my ilok so I'm already regretting purchasing it. I bought it direct from Audioease so I wouldn't have these stupid delays but maybe thats where I went wrong. I've installed it and now it won't let me use it since I don't have the new license on my ilok. I've emailed them twice with no response and I gave them my ilok id when purchasing on Friday and now it's saturday night and still no answer back. Poor service is never a good business practice so know before you buy.
Their iLok licensing is a little 'hidden' within their web site. I thought the same as you when I first upgraded for free.

Did you go to their Support page and hit 'Register a New Product'? And then hit 'Register and get your iLok license'? That will get the license deposited to your iLok account.

And, BTW, Windows x64 7.2 version working without a hitch here... so far.
Old 16th April 2014
Lives for gear

This is the error I'm getting with Windows 7 and Reaper which has classicly ran every VST ever perfectly for me including Altiverb 6. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing ILok Manager, uninstalling & re-installing Altiverb, updating windows, updating Reaper...all with no luck. Audio-ease's tech support has been pretty slow with replies and I'm hoping somebody on here has had this issue before but I'm not sure how to fix it.
Thanks,
Cam
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Hi Cam,

Got any further with this issue?

I'm getting it too (Win7 / Cubase) - haven't had the spare time to troubleshoot it yet.

Best,

Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerondye View Post
This is the error I'm getting with Windows 7 and Reaper which has classicly ran every VST ever perfectly for me including Altiverb 6. {snip}
Thanks,
Cam
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

ofcause cam got further.
yet he did not post about it.
just leaving his screenshot here as if nothing happened.
Old 22nd July 2014
Hi Guys

Just wanted to see how any of u are getting on with Altiverb 7 for Windows.
I have Altiverb 6 but have moved over to a 64 bit system now so am keen to
hear what "7" sounds like with the new Brightness and Modulation functions...
And whether it would be worth the upgrade.

I'm also a bit reluctant to upgrade due to the slow response with Audioease in
bringing out the Windows version. Doesn't instil confidence if there's an issue
which requires an update.

Plus the upgrade is not peanuts and there's no demo of course to try it out
so i'm in a bit of a dilemma.
Also plugs like Hofa reverb have come out which seem comparable...

Any thoughts welcome!

cheers
b
Old 26th July 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by blyt View Post
Hi Guys

Just wanted to see how any of u are getting on with Altiverb 7 for Windows.
I have Altiverb 6 but have moved over to a 64 bit system now so am keen to
hear what "7" sounds like with the new Brightness and Modulation functions...
And whether it would be worth the upgrade.

I'm also a bit reluctant to upgrade due to the slow response with Audioease in
bringing out the Windows version. Doesn't instil confidence if there's an issue
which requires an update.

Plus the upgrade is not peanuts and there's no demo of course to try it out
so i'm in a bit of a dilemma.
Also plugs like Hofa reverb have come out which seem comparable...

Any thoughts welcome!

cheers
b
bump!
Any Windows users upgraded to altiverb 7 able to share their experiences?
Thanks
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear

I was one of the biggest critics of the length of time it took AE to get AV7 for Win out. But now that it's out, I find it great as ever, and still one of the top convolution 'verbs, if not THE best. And of course, they're obsessed with creating their own great samples.

The stability for me, on Win 7 x64 & Sonar X3 x64, has been great. No problems whatsoever. Can't speak to the new adjustment parameters, as I don't find I need them.

You should be able to demo, and check the stability out on your own system before you buy. Yes, the slow update schedule might be a concern, if you find instabilities on your system. I haven't.
Old 26th July 2014
Thanks Java!

I've emailed support to see if I can get hold of a demo, I don't see any mention of it on their site though...

cheers
blyt
Old 26th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blyt View Post
Thanks Java!

I've emailed support to see if I can get hold of a demo, I don't see any mention of it on their site though...

cheers
blyt
Yeah, I didn't think about that. Due to it being convolution with so many impulses... there might not be a demo? Or, just as likely, they may not care whether you can demo it or not. Pretty expensive for a convolution you can't demo, though... especially now days. I already had AV6 within the time period for purchase (and what a lengthy time period it turned out to be!), so got the upgrade to 7 free.
Old 7th September 2014
Lives for gear

whats the difference between 7 xl and 7 regular.
thanks
Old 10th September 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by firubbi View Post
whats the difference between 7 xl and 7 regular.
thanks
From their website:

Altiverb 7 XL ($ 995) adds support for TDM (Mac only), i/o up to 5.1, and sample rates over 96 kHz.
Old 6th November 2014
Some great new impulses from Sarm just appeared for download in my Altiverb plug - they're rooms are great and so are the plates! Thanks guys! These ver 7 impulses all sound really good
📝 Reply