The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Eventide : the Reverb 2016 Stereo Room and Omnipressor
Old 19th September 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Oh yeah, I saw that iLok megathread, but never read it since I figured I don't need to worry about it since I don't have to update anything before the smoke clears. I would guess it's quite safe by now.

@Wakestyle, Omnipressor is sidechainable as an AU, don't know about VST. With or without it, it's definately not just another compressor. The expander and dynamic reversal feature is quite unique. It's one of my main tools to shape drums. Don't even use it as a regular compressor that much. It's got a pretty nice (but not that controllable) distortion too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventide.com
A double-knee compressor/limiter, the Omnipressor has the unique ability of simultaneously compressing and expanding audio; it is capable of extreme compression, limiting, expanding, and dynamic reversal.
Old 19th September 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

6 Reviews written
🎧 10 years
Don't forget the input cal/ output cal buttons which can create some really interesting distortion. You use input -10 and then bump output +10 and it's crunch time. This can work great on drums.
Old 11th April 2014
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Eventide has in all silence (?) added another set of licenses to iLok account, so you can have one on iLok and another on a computer.

I love this. I've stopped moving all licenses back and forth (ilok, elicenser, waves) studio and laptop so I've only used those on laptop that can be validated on multiple computers. Great thing that Eventide now offers same possibility even if they use iLok.

(Also posted on Blackhole thread)
Old 20th March 2015
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Does anyone use this as AU? Preferably in Studio One v2.

I just discovered a nasty bug. The plugin processes only left channel, right is not input at all.

I figured this when I loaded up an old song that had an instrument with an automated pan inserted before 2016. The instrument fades out everytime it pans right.

It wasn't like this when I made this song, as I have a mixdown of it where it works as should.

Can anyone try this out?

Edit. Seems to work properly with Logic 9.

Last edited by raymondwave; 20th March 2015 at 12:45 PM..
📝 Reply