The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Elysia Xpressor Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 22nd October 2011
Gearslutz.com admin

Elysia Xpressor

$1,500!
Attached Thumbnails
Elysia Xpressor-imageuploadedbygearslutz1319311200.807020.jpg  
Old 23rd October 2011
Lives for gear

Elysia Now Shipping Xpressor Rack

New York City, NY – High-end studio signal processing company Elysia is showing their new 19” rack mounted Xpressor stereo compressor ($1499 MAP) for the first time in the US. Based on the extremely successful Xpressor 500 module for API 500 series, the new Xpressor rack adds a side chain circuit along with a superior linear power supply with a shielded toroidal transformer.

Its discrete circuitry runs in constant Class A mode, and was designed to provide superior audio quality combining a clear and open sound with an amazingly flexible amount of punch. Many of the unique features of the Elysia ‘flagship' products have been adopted by the Xpressor, such as Auto Fast attack mode, switchable release characteristics, and Warm Mode, which adds character and color to the signal. The Xpressor also provides a built-in side chain filter, Elysia's renowned gain reduction limiter and a mix control knob for onboard parallel compression.

The unit is perfect for stereo buss compression as well as processing individual signals, and is an ideal tool for approaching dynamics processing in creative ways.
Old 28th October 2011
500 series nutjob

great comp!
have the 500 format version here and love it!
looking forward to seeing some upcomeing elysia products!
heh
Old 28th October 2011
Lives for gear

I wonder if this is the first time a 19" was inspired by a 500 series module. Usually it's the other way around...

Great stuff! I think they're gonna be showing something new in the spring or at least Dominik hinted to that. Looking forward to that as well!

Regards,
Frank
Old 29th October 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
I wonder if this is the first time a 19" was inspired by a 500 series module. Usually it's the other way around...
the older API 550m might'a been one of the first?
Old 30th October 2011
Quote:

Great stuff! I think they're gonna be showing something new in the spring or at least Dominik hinted to that. Looking forward to that as well!

Regards,
Frank
Hope it'll be a 500 EQ heh
Old 31st October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft_bonz View Post
Hope it'll be a 500 EQ heh
I actually asked him about that because I'm about to buy an Elysia Museq, and he told me, "No, don't worry - it's not going to be an EQ. But we will tell you to save some money because you'll want it!"

So at some point in the future they might come out with an EQ, but he told me that their next offering, which will be available (If my memory is still good) in BOTH 500 and 19" will not be an EQ.

Can't wait to see what it is!

Regards,
Frank
Old 31st October 2011
Lives for gear
Love my xPressor so much, Elysia hw is so classy looking
Old 31st October 2011
Now you got me wondering Frank heh
Old 31st October 2011
Lives for gear

Superb piece of kit. I'll be ordering a second one for control room B in 2012.
Old 31st October 2011
Quote:
Me too!
Old 31st October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Me too. I honestly don't know any more than I said and this is all pure speculation on my part, but I would love to see some of the technology from the Alpha Compressor somewhat trickle down to a unit.

For example, it would be cool to have a 500 series unit that has The Niveau Filter in it which looks like a fantastic type of tilt EQ with a choice of center freqs as well as becoming a hi/lo cut filter at max tilt. That along with the soft-limiter from the Alpha in the same unit would make a cool 500 series module post bus-comp. Quick way to shape the track and limit it.

I agree though, the waiting is the worst part!

Regards,
Frank
Old 31st October 2011
Maybe a pre.. can't think of another compressor
Old 1st November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Maybe a pre.. can't think of another compressor
I had thought that as well considering it's not an EQ but than again, Elysia's known for their clean stuff and there's already a good amount of good clean pres from affordable to expensive out there. I can't imagine another clean pre (or even colored for that matter) being a big thing. Unless it's got crazy, new features on it. The features Elysia has on their comps are things I never thought of myself so who knows what they might come up with. Or it might be a limiter. Or it might be a new comp with different features.

From the gear they've released already I've learned I can't out-think the Elysians!

Regards,
Frank
Old 1st November 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
a 500 series unit that has The Niveau Filter in it which looks like a fantastic type of tilt EQ with a choice of center freqs as well as becoming a hi/lo cut filter at max tilt. That along with the soft-limiter from the Alpha in the same unit would make a cool 500 series module post bus-comp.

Very Goog Idea ! Exactly what I am looking for right now.
Old 3rd November 2011
Lives for gear

Before I see Alpha EQ, I'm totally unexcited by Elisia products !
Old 4th November 2011
manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
Before I see Alpha EQ, I'm totally unexcited by Elisia products !
50 units group buy, anyone?!

Have a great weekend
Old 5th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysia View Post

Have a great weekend
I'm a huge fan of group buys!
Old 5th November 2011
Quote:

Have a great weekend
Sounds interesting... I'd be in depending the discount
Old 6th November 2011
Quote:

Have a great weekend
If that applies to the 500 series unit as well I'm interested!
Old 6th November 2011
Gear addict

in.. depending on discount
Old 6th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:

Have a great weekend
I'm in for that as well!

Cheers

Al

[email protected]
Old 6th November 2011
Lives for gear

I think Dominik is talking about a group buy of an Alpha EQ, which doesn't exist...but probably could, if 50 people wanted one. heh

Of course, even with group buy pricing, we're probably still looking at somewhere around $10k each...

dB
Old 6th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
I think Dominik is talking about a group buy of an Alpha EQ, which doesn't exist...but probably could, if 50 people wanted one. heh

Of course, even with group buy pricing, we're probably still looking at somewhere around $10k each...

dB
10K = 2 MusEQ's FTW!

Regards,
Frank
Old 6th November 2011
Quote:

dB
An Alpha is overkill for "just" producing and mixing electronic music. But the Xpressor... *yummy*
Old 6th November 2011
manufacturer

Quote:

dB
I'm afraid David got it right ;-)
Old 6th November 2011
Schade
Sad sad day today it is... I think I'm going to my studio and take out all my gear... for my studio upgrade
Old 6th November 2011
Gear nut

always liked their design.
Old 7th November 2011
Lives for gear

Can we hear at least one sound example?
Old 7th November 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeProducer View Post
Can we hear at least one sound example?
Here's a bunch, along with a demo video.

dB

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search