Softube Ships Summit Audio TLA-100A! - Page 7 - Gearslutz
The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Softube Ships Summit Audio TLA-100A!
Old 19th November 2011
Lives for gear

Just bought it this week before the special ran out. I love Softube. Hope they keep bringin' it to the table. Thanks to them I can get away from the chains of the UAD platform. I hope they do a nice tape sim soon.
Old 19th November 2011
Gear Maniac

just got an email from tony, missed the sale - not meant to be for me....

thanx for the responses
Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

I'm bumping this thread because I'm extremely impressed with this plug. Only tried it out because I was cleaning out my non-authorized UAD plugs and saw it and thought "I remember that hardware unit sounding really nice" so I demo'd it.

Put it on a vocal and had big grins right away. It sounds like what I want an LA2a to sound like (I had a hardware LA2a at one point and currently have the UAD Teletronix LA2 collection)

Thick, gooey, real.

Just to double check I DL'd the Softube native version and nulled it with the UAD version (I know it's the same code, just wanted to make sure).

I'll be buying the Softube (native) version. I don't know why I'd want to use up pricy UAD DSP resources on something I could have natively.

It's one of the best compressor plugs I've ever heard. Sounds really good on anything you'd want an opto on; vocals, bass, guitar, piano, etc. Sounds like hardware.

Great work, Softube. I'll now be checking out the rest of your catalog.
Old 10th December 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
I'm bumping this thread because I'm extremely impressed with this plug. Only tried it out because I was cleaning out my non-authorized UAD plugs and saw it and thought "I remember that hardware unit sounding really nice" so I demo'd it.

Put it on a vocal and had big grins right away. It sounds like what I want an LA2a to sound like (I had a hardware LA2a at one point and currently have the UAD Teletronix LA2 collection)

Thick, gooey, real.

Just to double check I DL'd the Softube native version and nulled it with the UAD version (I know it's the same code, just wanted to make sure).

I'll be buying the Softube (native) version. I don't know why I'd want to use up pricy UAD DSP resources on something I could have natively.

It's one of the best compressor plugs I've ever heard. Sounds really good on anything you'd want an opto on; vocals, bass, guitar, piano, etc. Sounds like hardware.

With the current sale, you might want to consider going for the Summit Grand Channel... which combines the TLA100 & EQF100.
Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBelmont View Post
With the current sale, you might want to consider going for the Summit Grand Channel... which combines the TLA100 & EQF100.
I'll definitely check the EQ out. I do NOT really need another EQ. But until the other night I woulda said I didn't need another compressor either. Then I put the TLA100a on a vocal...
Old 10th December 2014
Lives for gear

These are great plugs. Hard to believe it's been over 3 years since release and it was the last big stand-alone plug release from Softube. They got into development for Console 1 after this.

Wish they would drop a few more stand-alone plugs. Love to see a Sta-Level or an LA-3A from them.
Old 11th December 2014
Company Rep

Thanks for all the kind words on Summit Audio TLA-100A. It is indeed a very useful compressor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
These are great plugs. Hard to believe it's been over 3 years since release and it was the last big stand-alone plug release from Softube. They got into development for Console 1 after this.

Wish they would drop a few more stand-alone plugs. Love to see a Sta-Level or an LA-3A from them.
We are actually currently working on two new standalone plug-ins which will be out soon.

Thanks,
Henrik
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post

Thick, gooey, real.

Indeed. This is one of my favorite plug-ins along with Titanium, the latest comp from Acustica Audio. I think Opto compressors are my favorite.
Old 11th December 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softube View Post
Thanks for all the kind words on Summit Audio TLA-100A. It is indeed a very useful compressor.

We are actually currently working on two new standalone plug-ins which will be out soon.

Thanks,
Henrik
Henrik! thanks for passing along some exciting news! I'm sure many are looking forward to it.
Old 15th December 2014
Company Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Ashley View Post
Henrik! thanks for passing along some exciting news! I'm sure many are looking forward to it.
I know we are!

Cheers,
Henrik
Old 2nd December 2015
I know it's an old thread but just came in here to say I finally got the Summit Audio TLA100 and man it's a thing of beauty! I was pretty sure I was going to buy the Tube Tech compressor as a Vocal Compressor but I read lots about the Summit and thought I would take a risk and go for that instead and WOW! Absolutely love what it does on Vocals and Acoustic Guitar. I usually run my Hardware ADR Vocal Stressor on vocals but on this mix I am working on at the moment; I swapped it out for the Softube TLA100 and it started sitting a lot better in the mix. Especially with the help of the Saturation control. I compared it to all my other plugin compressors (CLA2A, Massey CT5 etc.) and nothing worked quite as well. Simply put; it just sounded great! Cheers Softube!
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Yep, a good buy! Never regretted that one for a second!
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

I still use it every mix.
Old 2nd December 2015
Lives for gear

Yep. I still love it too.
Old 3rd December 2015
Administrator

Yep. Same here.
Old 5th December 2015
Lives for gear

Same here. All basslines I mix go through this beauty, no exception. It's been "patched" there for years. Really cool on vocals as well, you just have to equalize them after you've set the TLA-100a up because it's a tad dark.

In my opinion this is one of the best analog emulations there is. It's incredibly close to the real thing (it just lacks a bit of "balls").
Old 6th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Same here. All basslines I mix go through this beauty, no exception. It's been "patched" there for years. Really cool on vocals as well, you just have to equalize them after you've set the TLA-100a up because it's a tad dark.

In my opinion this is one of the best analog emulations there is. It's incredibly close to the real thing (it just lacks a bit of "balls").
Have to agree there. It's my favourite and I've got a lot of compressor plugins.
📝 Reply