The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Spectral Machine multi-effects plug-in Plugin Bundles
Old 25th September 2011
Gear interested

Post Spectral Machine multi-effects plug-in

Spectral Machine is a powerful and easy-to-use multi-effects plug-in for Mac and Windows, ideal for sound designers and musicians.

Like SFX Machine Pro, Spectral Machine provides a wide variety of ear-catching audio effects, but using frequency-domain processing to do things that aren't easy to do with conventional time-domain processing. For example, users can freeze a sound, apply separate delays to different frequencies, or create multi-band tremolo effects. Spectral Machine also provides a number of effects specifically for monophonic sources such as solo voice, including pitch quantization and sine/noise decomposition.

Spectral Machine is available in VST and Audio Unit formats for Macintosh OS X, and in VST format for Windows. More information is available from http://www.sfxmachine.com/spectralmachine . A free demo is available at http://www.sfxmachine.com/downloads.html .
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hi,
What's the difference with the RTAS SFX Pro?
Thanks,
A.
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

...didn't I buy this plugin like 6 years ago when BT was still cool? I don't get what's new. Enlighten.
Old 28th September 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post
Hi,
What's the difference with the RTAS SFX Pro?
Thanks,
A.
Spectral Machine does frequency-domain processing, so it can do a number of effects that aren't possible in SFX Machine - for example, spectral delay type effects, auto pitch correction, etc.

Note that Spectral Machine is AU/VST (like SFX Machine Pro), while SFX Machine Pro RTAS is RTAS only.
Old 28th September 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaEtMusica View Post
...didn't I buy this plugin like 6 years ago when BT was still cool? I don't get what's new. Enlighten.
We started working on Spectral Machine 6 years ago, but it wasn't released until a few weeks ago. You may have bought SFX Machine.

Spectral Machine has lots of effects that SFX Machine can't do (and vice versa). See the web page, try the demo. http://sfxmachine.com/spectralmachine .
Old 15th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundguy01 View Post
Spectral Machine does frequency-domain processing, so it can do a number of effects that aren't possible in SFX Machine - for example, spectral delay type effects, auto pitch correction, etc.

Note that Spectral Machine is AU/VST (like SFX Machine Pro), while SFX Machine Pro RTAS is RTAS only.
Thanks!
Are you planning an RTAS version of Spectral Machine?
A.
Old 15th October 2011
Gear Addict

I just demo'd this and will buy it. I set up an EXS24 Violin instrument and drew in something (in the piano roll) quickly. It's not clean (aliasing artefacts etc??) but there are some great creative things you can do and it's certainly not a one trick pony. Each setting has it's own unique flavour. I would never use the pitch quantizer for real pitch correction, it introduces far too much unwanted noise.

If you don't mind, I'd like to request something Mr Soundguy sir. Is there any chance of an update that allows alt/option to get settings to unity. Not a big thing but everything else I use does this so it would be handy for work flow.
Old 16th October 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_bt View Post
Thanks!
Are you planning an RTAS version of Spectral Machine?
A.
Sorry, no RTAS version in the works.
Old 16th October 2011
Gear interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Companda View Post
I just demo'd this and will buy it. I set up an EXS24 Violin instrument and drew in something (in the piano roll) quickly. It's not clean (aliasing artefacts etc??) but there are some great creative things you can do and it's certainly not a one trick pony. Each setting has it's own unique flavour. I would never use the pitch quantizer for real pitch correction, it introduces far too much unwanted noise.

If you don't mind, I'd like to request something Mr Soundguy sir. Is there any chance of an update that allows alt/option to get settings to unity. Not a big thing but everything else I use does this so it would be handy for work flow.
I'll run this by the programmer to see if we can add this in a future update. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by soundguy01; 16th October 2011 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: adding a sentence
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search