The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Steinberg CMC
Old 14th May 2013 | Show parent
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
I've just bought an CMC-QC controller, and its great for controlling plugins via Cubase quick controls. The only problem seems that there is no way of saving presets for Cubase quick controls, which means that I will have to setup up everything manually everytime I want to control a different plugin with QC in the same track which is very frustrating.

Has anyone found a solution on this, If you do - how do you use QC to control plugins in Cubase?

P.S Sorry for bumping an old thread.
Old 31st October 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
please excuse the bump!

I just shot the CMC Fader Controller on ebay. channel volume control is working alright. but everytime I hit the shift button (to switch to level display mode, that is) Nuendo understands an undo command aimed at whatever the last executed operation was.
Can't find any such assignment in the corresponding device panels.
Any ideas for a fix would be very much appreciated! THX
Old 31st October 2013
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Oh ...and also:
When I use the CMC's channel select or bank select arrow buttons, Nuendo refuses to follow as designed. Bank select arrow buttons jump 8 channels left or right. a single CMC fader modul acts as if two units were deployed. So the last four tracks of a project (say track 29, 30, 31, 32 in a 32 track project) are out of the CMC's reach.

(Nuendo 2.2, Windows XP Pro, Service Pack 3)

Last edited by taiwanizer; 31st October 2013 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: further testing, added system specs
Old 31st October 2013
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Nuendo that old isn't supported

Matti
Old 31st October 2013 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matti View Post
Nuendo that old isn't supported

Matti
but it is operational though with the above limitations :/
Old 5th December 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Steinberg has finally added the possibility to save Quick Control presets on Cubase 7.5, meaning that it is now possible to create presets for all plugins to be controlled with a CMC-QC, finally making the controller very useful!!
Old 18th December 2013 | Show parent
Gear Nut

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat View Post
Steinberg has finally added the possibility to save Quick Control presets on Cubase 7.5, meaning that it is now possible to create presets for all plugins to be controlled with a CMC-QC, finally making the controller very useful!!
I found this great too but it seems it doesn't really work actually or am I missing something?
I tried that maybe 10 times but it was able to reload the preset only one time.
Otherwise it just reload nothing when I click on my preset...
Old 27th December 2013 | Show parent
Here for the gear

🎧 5 years
hey everyone,
please excuse this bump but ive read the posts on this thread and it seems like i am the type of person steinberg is trying to get to with this series of controllers. i dont even have my studio up and running yet but i am getting there. ive recorded using these controllers and i realize that real faders would be ideal but i am doing my absolute best to portray a great mood to make the atmosphere of my studio the best it can be and the controllers with real faders in the price range of these controllers arent very attractive and i dont mind the touch strips. i just want something that i can physically touch. i feel like these are better than an ipad and a mouse because im actually touching the fader even if it is similar to a track pad.

my question is, how would i connect three of the faders to my macbook if it only comes with 2 usb ports? (i saw someone mention a usb strip earlier but ive heard before that you cant use those for recording).

Also i really want one of those frames but i cant find it for sale anywhere. i saw someone said you can get it for free if you buy 4 controllers (that was years ago haha) is this deal still available and if so where?

Thanks guys and again, i apologize for the bump.
-Max
Old 23rd March 2014
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Old 10th August 2014
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Question about the CMC-AI; can it double as transport control for recording takes?

Meaning can the 4 function buttons be assigned to transport controls; 1) stop, 2) play, 3) record, and also 4) delete selected event? Also can the AI mouse-over control the FabFilter Pro Limiter? I'm a hardware guy, so that's really the only plug-in I use in Nuendo.

System info -- running Mac OSX 10.6.8 and Nuendo 5.5. According to the system requirements Steinberg shows it should work on my system. I'd be going direct into the mac's USB, no hub if I can do everything with this one controller.
Old 10th August 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
The function buttons can be assigned to most anything in Cubase so I believe this would be true in Nuendo as well. I assigned the function buttons on my old QC to transport.

The AI knob works with VST3.5 plugins I believe? Not 100% on that though.

Looks like it should:FabFilter News - All plug-ins updated with graphics acceleration

"Updated all VST 3 plug-ins to support new features in VST 3.5, such as a host-provided right-click menu for each parameter in the interface. Steinberg's CMC-AI controller is now also supported"
Old 27th October 2014 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
anybody aware if this unit can control rtas plugins within PT8hd? or is this a steinberg exclusive product...
Old 31st October 2014 | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
I'm working on a utility to let you do that!

Studio Connector - connect CMC controllers to Pro Tools

Tom
πŸ“ Reply