The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Don't Crack VIP Series plugins Saturation Plugins
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Don't Crack VIP Series plugins

Hey Fellas!

I don't know if you guys heard about these babies but Must check these out

VIP Series Tech Support Pages

I believe, it's even obvious that all the work development was done by Nomad Factory.

All I can say, to my ears, after installing the DEMO (that you can download in that link above, at the bottom of the page), those familiar with NF plugins, these are ONE if NOT the BEST sounding plugins Nomad Factory have created to date.

My 2 cents but they are so musicial its simply amazing. And the Concept is very simple, just like the Waves One Knob plugin or something like that.

Go download and have a listen for yourself folks!

Cheers

Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

how do you know NF did the dev? gui? 'sound'?
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Does look like NF GUI as well as their obvious association w/ The DC site.
NF Echoes (one of the best tape delay emus I've heard and one of the favs here)
NF Magnetic (has had a project crashing bug since day one in PT9 & L9). too bad for them or too bad for us? who knows, but one out of two ain't bad.
Its worth mentioning that Cust Serv was very cool when we inquired about some consideration after just missing a promo price for both of those plugs. Bought Mag full price, got Echoes for almost nothing even after the promo (both for the price of one) had long ended. And Mag does work 50% of the time~fwiw

Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear
I didn't see any single or bundle price.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Nut

Hi,

Single Plugins 49,- Dollar, Bundle,-489 Dollar.

Cheers
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Going through some of them: Retro comp is VERY impressive
Transient designer is nice...

Will test more the next days.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

They just lowered the price for the whole bundle to $ 299.-

Not bad if these are good.

Might give them a shot this weekend ...

G
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

Good selection of plugins..
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict
For me the plugin stopped working in 30 seconds. Had to remove and insert again för new 30 seconds.. Hope thats a bug that they know of.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict

quick check - what a suprise. some of them are very very good plugins. so far the brightness and the compressors and reverbs are very good.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwinte View Post
how do you know NF did the dev? gui? 'sound'?
Exactly as my other folks answered here, those who are familiar with NF plugins they almost like me 99.9999% sure NF is behind this 99.9%. (from GUI, Sound etc..)

But the surprising thing for me (some of you will tell me) as I own few of NF plugins (i would say the ones many here too would agree are the best ones of NF collections), these VIP Bundle One Knobish style to dial plugin (which I love), sound AMAZING, I mean been playing with them and honestly, I think these are the BEST (to my ears) NF plugins EVER created in terms of SOUND.
Gui, we all know, they always had it great.

Now, regarding the Price of each plugin & the Bundle, I mean, I personally find a bit expensive. I'm sure, If many show interest the price will drop sometimes soon.

Beisdes that, truly, I gotta give Thumbs Up & Kudos to NF & DontCrack Venture.

Cheers
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
They just lowered the price for the whole bundle to $ 299.-

Not bad if these are good.

Might give them a shot this weekend ...

G

There we go, Ture price dropped and now I think it's decent for the Whole Package deal

Loooving them

Enjoy fellas,
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
Exactly as my other folks answered here, those who are familiar with NF plugins they almost like me 99.9999% sure NF is behind this 99.9%. (from GUI, Sound etc..)

But the surprising thing for me (some of you will tell me) as I own few of NF plugins (i would say the ones many here too would agree are the best ones of NF collections), these VIP Bundle One Knobish style to dial plugin (which I love), sound AMAZING, I mean been playing with them and honestly, I think these are the BEST (to my ears) NF plugins EVER created in terms of SOUND.
Gui, we all know, they always had it great.

Now, regarding the Price of each plugin & the Bundle, I mean, I personally find a bit expensive. I'm sure, If many show interest the price will drop sometimes soon.

Beisdes that, truly, I gotta give Thumbs Up & Kudos to NF & DontCrack Venture.

Cheers
This is weird. if Nomad Factory did this, than why won't they put out this kind of plugins under their own name?. the Analoger and Opto compressors sounds very good,
Haven't demoed them quite a while but i hardly remember anything on this level from Nomad.
BTW Solar - did you find the Dimension D plugin? it's not in the Rtas bundle
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidperetz View Post
This is weird. if Nomad Factory did this, than why won't they put out this kind of plugins under their own name?. the Analoger and Opto compressors sounds very good,
Haven't demoed them quite a while but i hardly remember anything on this level from Nomad.
BTW Solar - did you find the Dimension D plugin? it's not in the Rtas bundle

Hey David! Well I can not really answer your question regarding NF didn't put these plugs under their names. As it has been mentioned above, DC & NF has a relationshipt going for a little time now right? And maybe they wanted to develop their own DC plugins with concept of One Knob dial plugin and they called up NF. Now again as I said, I might be totally wrong about NF implication here but looking at the GUI to begin with, its Totally NF style GUI. Now only time will tell.

As for the Dimension D plugins, I don't know about the RTAS, as I install VST versions ONLY. And in Vst fx it shows up and works perfect. Sorry mate

Maybe someone using PTools will shine it to let you know. How come it does NOT show up in your PTools? Do you see it installed in its Folder? If Yes, then might be a bug but wait to see with a fella Ptools user.

Cheers
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quick question: do you have to install the whole bundle or you can demo
the plugs singularly?
They look like Nomad - Mellowmuse hybrid
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retinal View Post
Quick question: do you have to install the whole bundle or you can demo
the plugs singularly?
They look like Nomad - Mellowmuse hybrid

There's only a full installer, but you can select/deselect the ones you want...
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Tried the Dimension D emu and was not impressed
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregerlindberg View Post
For me the plugin stopped working in 30 seconds. Had to remove and insert again för new 30 seconds.. Hope thats a bug that they know of.
That is how they restrict the DEMO version I believe.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Some good stuff in there:

- Clarisonix is brilliant. Will def. buy this one!!
- Retro Compressor: Wow! Best Nomad based compressor I've tried AFAIR
- Electro Optical: Yes, yummy! Not a must have but great!
- Analoger: Really good, when not hit too hard.
- Brightness: Really, really nice! Could be on my to buy list..

Will have to get 2 or 3 of these!

Still checking the effects. I guess some usefull ones but not for 49$..

EDIT: Damn...the delay Echoflex is really dope (I actually prefer this to NF's ECHOES, which I bought)
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

And they're 64 bit!
Old 16th September 2011
Here for the gear

i briefly (briefly because you dont need more time to diagnose the quality of those plug ins) tried all of them (except the delay, echo, reverb and plate)and the gui might be good, but the sound is deep crap.(like nomad factory). for the same price I would recommend to buy a guitar rig 5(for the effects) ou the equivalent from meldaproduction
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonomagicstar View Post
i briefly (briefly because you dont need more time to diagnose the quality of those plug ins) tried all of them (except the delay, echo, reverb and plate)and the gui might be good, but the sound is deep crap.(like nomad factory). for the same price I would recommend to buy a guitar rig 5(for the effects) ou the equivalent from meldaproduction
they're all crap, aha! welcome to gearslutz btw..
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonomagicstar View Post
Hahaha! Yeah, right! Man, I own the Melda Total Bundle, which is good but not very intuitive and these "VIP" plugins serve a different purpose + some of them sound very good.
I dare to say that a couple of them sound fantastic. So you either 1) are a teenager with pretty bad ears and big mouth or 2) have read that NF plugins are not supposed to be popular and try to act cool.

Your Guitar Rig suggestion is so uber-not-cool.

Bye bye
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
Hahaha! Yeah, right! Man, I own the Melda Total Bundle, which is good but not very intuitive and these "VIP" plugins serve a different purpose + some of them sound very good.
I dare to say that a couple of them sound fantastic. So you either 1) are a teenager with pretty bad ears and big mouth or 2) have read that NF plugins are not supposed to be popular and try to act cool.

Your Guitar Rig suggestion is so uber-not-cool.

Bye bye
so someone doesn't like something which you've already bought. Your response is name calling saying that they're a teenager with bad ears and a big mouth just trying to act cool ?

Touché

Love that site.. "Do not crack" while on their main page has a reverb for the bargain price of $1200 ? ha ha
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
so someone doesn't like something which you've already bought. Your response is name calling saying that they're a teenager with bad ears and a big mouth just trying to act cool ?

Touché

Love that site.. "Do not crack" while on their main page has a reverb for the bargain price of $1200 ? ha ha

That's not the point!

1) I apologize for calling names
2) I haven't even bought any of them
3) I own a lot of plugins (incl. the ones Mr. nonomagicstar has mentioned) and think trashing them as "deep crap" is almost ridiculous to me.
I don't like ALL of them myself, but there's certainly some great stuff in the bundle.

Sorry guys, for interrupting this NPA. Apologies from my side (Just got a bit mad...ooops)

P.S. MarcB: Nice contribution to the thread.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I think a lot of people are interested in these plugins...there's certainly a lot of them to be released in one go, anybody else got comments on sound? :D
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
That's not the point!

1) I apologize for calling names
2) I haven't even bought any of them
3) I own a lot of plugins (incl. the ones Mr. nonomagicstar has mentioned) and think trashing them as "deep crap" is almost ridiculous to me.
I don't like ALL of them myself, but there's certainly some great stuff in the bundle.

Sorry guys, for interrupting this NPA. Apologies from my side (Just got a bit mad...ooops)

P.S. MarcB: Nice contribution to the thread.
HA! HA! You're using the internet!!!1 but... but... WHY LIKE AN ANGRY NOOB!?!?!?!?!?!

Just kidding, I really like your avatar lol!
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

By releasing all the plugins at once I had a plugin gasm, going to try them out. I hope there are some plugins that will make me shoot lava. DontCrackMe = Dont make me lough, ya I will try not to lough,.
Old 17th September 2011
mfx
Lives for gear

I got to say that these look appealing on the surface (not demoed yet). Looking through a majority reflect alot of tools existing already in my rig. However for those who haven't got into heavy plugin purchasing (and want to be legit!) the NC offer price is very good. There is definately something in there for everyone. Solars quote ''these are ONE if NOT the BEST sounding plugins Nomad Factory have created to date'' seems to be a mighty claim as indicating these are Nomad and despite some peoples views on NF products their Magentic and Echoes are superb so fill your boots with these. Not sure a comparisson to Waves One Knob is fair as these cover a wider range of effects and dynamics, but saying that the one knobs series is down to $200 + ilok (if not already owned) and softube have their upto 50% deals at the moment so my brakes are on the credit card this week. Got to respect NoCrack's offers when they come around. Monitoring thread to see what peoples take and impressions are on these.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

I like the retro comp and the 2016 and I'm sure these are nomads just look at the preset architecture!-
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search