The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Don't Crack VIP Series plugins Saturation Plugins
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
Exactly my thoughts!
They could be excellent if it weren't for the high memory usage!
Right now they are unusable for my computer.
Hi Grod thanks a million for your interest in our DC V.I.P. plug-ins.

We all look forward to your computer details. And please tell us more about you and your business as you just registered and seem to have so much to share...

I look forward to your positive feedback that will help us make our plugin-ins better.

Kindest regards - Peter
Old 4th October 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontCrack View Post
Please report this with more tech details. Witch OS version, DAW version, etc.

Thanks - Peter

OS X version 10.6.8
with logic version 9.1.5
on a macbook pro

Good luck with the plugins. I think it's a great concept, great sounding and easy to use plugins.
Old 4th October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
OS X version 10.6.8
with logic version 9.1.5
on a macbook pro

Good luck with the plugins. I think it's a great concept, great sounding and easy to use plugins.
Thanks Grod for the kind words. We'll investigate this pretty unique feedback and get back to you ASAP.

BR - Peter
Old 4th October 2011
i can not move to a better computer, because, right now, the new samplitude proX (only 1 week in market) is the first supporting 64bits. Waves does not have support to 64 neither . . . and lot of hardware (sometimes i was using liquidmix) does not have drivers for Windows seven.

And of course i have about a dozen of clients working with projects the next months and, now i can not STOP and try new things . . .

I can put the new booster in a voice and said, "good sound" . . . (but i can give similar sound with old conspiracy saturator without problems)

now only can test your plugins (and others at 2.00 am) and start to think in future ideas for my studio.
Waves is not cheap, but a new computer is more expensive, and nobody knows if i will have or not problems with new computer.
New computer with lot of ram for dc plugins, maybe will sound very similar to this old pc with waves . . .

i'm Sorry!!
I need more efficient plugins.
Old 4th October 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbalcubo View Post
i can not move to a better computer, because, right now, the new samplitude proX (only 1 week in market) is the first supporting 64bits. Waves does not have support to 64 neither . . . and lot of hardware (sometimes i was using liquidmix) does not have drivers for Windows seven.

And of course i have about a dozen of clients working with projects the next months and, now i can not STOP and try new things . . .

I can put the new booster in a voice and said, "good sound" . . . (but i can give similar sound with old conspiracy saturator without problems)

now only can test your plugins (and others at 2.00 am) and start to think in future ideas for my studio.
Waves is not cheap, but a new computer is more expensive, and nobody knows if i will have or not problems with new computer.
New computer with lot of ram for dc plugins, maybe will sound very similar to this old pc with waves . . .

i'm Sorry!!
I need more efficient plugins.
I'm really sorry but most of your arguments make no sense to me!

Graham
Old 4th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
I'm really sorry but most of your arguments make no sense to me!

Graham
update only the mouse (trackball from logitech) the las week was a nightmare, lots of macros asigned losted with new driver, and a entire afternoon losted with a client here paying for nothing, because the f*** mouse does not work correctly and all was soooo slow (cut objects in samplitude, adjust hotspots, aligns etc etc)
when you have 2 o 3 workers, all need work perfectly, no time to test nothing . . . or promises about this will work in future.
I like a lot clarisonix, makes the similar thing like me routing the bass signal recorded with sansamp to a aphex and equing in my analogue console a little.

In pathch the signal, routing and record again i need about 10 minutes for song . . . clarisonix can render in real time.
But need lots of ram, make slower all project, and aphex make the same thing for me.

two ways, and same thing . . .

Buy a new computer, test-it, etc etc are 2 weeks of studio stoped for me.
2 weeks with no money
(in the better situation)
Of course in a small studio si only a day.
but i have not a small studio :(
Old 4th October 2011
Administrator

Quote:
i can not move to a better computer, because, right now, the new samplitude proX (only 1 week in market) is the first supporting 64bits.
Em.... Samplitude prox is not the only nor the first daw supporting 64bit.
Also most new plugins are been supported but not all (not waves yet)

I respectfully can't fully understand what some of your other points in your other posts were but i understand what you mean when you say you don't have time to update.

All the best,

Graham
Old 4th October 2011
Quote:
Em.... Samplitude prox is not the only nor the first daw supporting 64bit.
Also most new plugins are been supported but not all (not waves yet)

I respectfully can't fully understand what some of your other points in your other posts were but i understand what you mean when you say you don't have time to update.

All the best,

Graham
using samplitude the last 7 years in the studio, and making formation about 2 years in samplitude for employers . . . and now the solution is changue de daw for a bunch of plugins??
Do you know the cost of formation (money and time) of employers for a new daw? (of course i can find new employers, no? ) pfffff . . . .
All here is based on samplitude and waves, sorry . . .
New vsts need to complement this idea. I do not need a revolution.
i think DC can be a good substitute for waves here (i do not use doublers, etc etc, here NEVER MAKE ELECTRONIC MUSIC or using VSTi -real musicians recording blues, pop, rock, metal -) but DC need to fit better in our today scheme. Maybe tomorrow with another computer fits better . . . i do not know.
Old 4th October 2011
Administrator

Quote:
using samplitude the last 7 years in the studio, and making formation about 2 years in samplitude for employers . . . and now the solution is changue de daw for a bunch of plugins??
Do you know the cost of formation (money and time) of employers for a new daw? (of course i can find new employers, no? ) pfffff . . . .
All here is based on samplitude, sorry . . .
?

You were the one who brought up 64bit Samplitude!

You do understand that these plugins are available in 32bit right?

Anyways if they are not working on your system there may be a bug if so you could always report here:
Dc Plug-ins Bug Reports - DontCrack Forums

Or on the other hand you may need a new system to keep up with new products that are harder on resources.
But as i have no way of knowing your system specs (only that you have 3gb ram and use XP) i can't comment on that.

Graham
Old 5th October 2011
Quote:
?

You were the one who brought up 64bit Samplitude!

You do understand that these plugins are available in 32bit right?

Anyways if they are not working on your system there may be a bug if so you could always report here:
Dc Plug-ins Bug Reports - DontCrack Forums

Or on the other hand you may need a new system to keep up with new products that are harder on resources.
But as i have no way of knowing your system specs (only that you have 3gb ram and use XP) i can't comment on that.

Graham

xp 32 bits can not handle more than 3 gb (2,4gb)
samplitude only assign 1gb to vsts
it is hard, because i can not use more than 8-9 vsts (before crash)

maybe in future (maybe next year) i will have time to instalar proX in a new computer and see which things works or not, but right now is a totally waste of time (and i have no time for that)
Right now i have a solid system. If some developers make something usefull for me, i will buy (like waves) if developers make vst only work in cubase at 64bits (for example) i will not buy . . . is so simple.
Old 5th October 2011
Lives for gear

@itbalcubo

It looks to me that you need to slowly thinking of upgrading your Computer to some i3 i5 or i7 whatever it is. Because XP nowadays almost obsolete. Not saying ain't working, don't get me wrong but once you taste these new boards even if you're running your music Apps (inclugins plugins) in 32 bit, still you feel a big difference how it simply flows. Imagine when you go all the way 64 bit.

And I hope I read you well that you haven't upgrade yet to Win 7 regarding your job etc... I respect that but trust me, once you update, you'll never look back

Good luck
Old 5th October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar View Post
@itbalcubo

It looks to me that you need to slowly thinking of upgrading your Computer to some i3 i5 or i7 whatever it is. Because XP nowadays almost obsolete. Not saying ain't working, don't get me wrong but once you taste these new boards even if you're running your music Apps (inclugins plugins) in 32 bit, still you feel a big difference how it simply flows. Imagine when you go all the way 64 bit.

And I hope I read you well that you haven't upgrade yet to Win 7 regarding your job etc... I respect that but trust me, once you update, you'll never look back

Good luck
i know that, totally conscient about this.
i promise for hollidays on christmas make a stop copy all data to a new computer (here using citriq.com computers) , testing new software, and find solutions to new problems ufffff soooo bored!!

of course this is not a problem for DC, but i know lot of studios are in the same situation . . . and not like vsts for high resources.

i can use all vst in market with no problems . . . only problems with DC and few others
Old 5th October 2011
Gear Addict

I messed around with them for a bit and a few that caught my attention were...

Dimension D - Lightly used, adds some very nice smooth chorus width that doesn't sound "chorusy" - Tough to find in a chorus plugin.

Clarsonix - Instant gratification. All the right moves in all the right spots. Can't go wrong with this one. Definitely the most memorable plugin of the collection.

Tremelo Pan - This can also add some nice width when lightly used - Simple and effective - Another decent one.

Chorus Ensemble - Love this one! Combine this plugin with clarsonix on a bass track and you have some serious magic goin on here. Color - Dark / FX Level: 2.00'ish (or adjust to your liking) Great sound! Second most memeorable.

Brightness - Great sounding boost @ 10k - I don't need it, but it was a nice sounding plugin.

Couple of gripes.

- Can't type in settings on knobs.
- The VU meters don't really reacte like real VU meters do - These are a little too spastic and sensitive.
- Updates on your website are dated "2010"

Anywho, I've been looking for a few good chorus plugins for ages and I think I have finally found two of them right here! These have the ever so elusive smooth chorus effect that I desire so much, but have yet to find. Most chorus plugins sound like garbage and way too artificial or processed even using them sparingly. I'm happy to find that these do not suffer from that same symptoms. Well done!

Definitely purchasing Dim D, Chorus Ensemble and Clarsonix.
Old 5th October 2011
Quote:
They could be excellent if it weren't for the high memory usage!
Right now they are unusable for my computer.
Must be Platform/32bit?,when I use SONAR X1 32bit, CPU is almost double of the EXACT same project in 64bit.Also the DC.s run with very low CPU/RAM on my "Supposedly" CRAP Dell XPS L502x i7 2630QM 8GB, weirdness!
Old 6th October 2011
Here for the gear

Wooow! I gave some of them a spin today..

The Retro Comp is insanely good!

Brightness is very nice..

Dimension added a very nice touch to my backvocals..

Need more testing though..
Old 6th October 2011
Lives for gear

Tested most of the plugins on sources I'd usually handle, and was pleasantly surprised.

The Electro-Opto was great on voices. The delay effects were great. I recommend anyone who is interested in aquiring a few specialized tools to give these a spin. At $50 a pop they're a pretty good deal if they're just what you need.

They remind me of vintage gets-the-job-done units that require little setup.

I'll be keeping these in mind, because I might very be able to put them to good use in the future.
Old 7th October 2011
Gear Nut

Hi all,

Here's a good questions we received on our board :
Quote:
If I buy 2 or 3 plugins from the V.I.P. series will I still get free updates/bug fixes that may come in the future for said plugins. As I have read that there are " free upgrade to all V.I.P. Bundle owners "

So what about non bundle owners with just a couple of the VIP plugins ?
Answer :

All updates are FREE wether you purchased the bundle or a single DC plug-in. For us, it doesn't make sense to charge anyone for bug fixes and improvements. All updates will be free of charge !

The FREE upgrades concerns new plug-ins that will be added to the DC V.I.P. Bundle in the future for over 40 plugins pack. Bundle owners will not have to pay to upgrade their bundle as new plug-ins are added to the V.I.P. Bundle !

Please note : The DC V.I.P. Bundle Introductory price at $299 (MSRP $599) will end this Monday October 10, 2011 !

That is a great opportunity to thank all of you for the great comments posted above. These surely helped us make our DC Plug-ins launch-out a true success that is actually way over our expectations !!!

That is a real boost that encourages us pursuing in our concept of making nice, affordable and easy to use plug-ins. We're listening and working on the next ones... ;-)

Thank you all for the great support and your kind consideration.

All the best - Peter
Old 7th October 2011
Administrator

Quote:
........All updates are FREE wether you purchased the bundle or a single DC plug-in. For us, it doesn't make sense to charge anyone for bug fixes and improvements. All updates will be free of charge !
Thanks Peter.

Graham
Old 7th October 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi all,

Please note : The DC V.I.P. Bundle Introductory price at $299 (MSRP $599) will end this Monday October 10, 2011 !

Peter
@Peter,

Any chance you guys could extend this period some more.

I would really like to pick up this bundle,
but funds are short ATM.

14 extra days would be great !

Thanks
G.
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemylon View Post
@Peter,

Any chance you guys could extend this period some more.

I would really like to pick up this bundle,
but funds are short ATM.

14 extra days would be great !

Thanks
G.
+1000 on that! Right back OT, Can someone please help me with a bit of advice? I cannot demo anything at the moment due to decorating! But im in the market for a great Reverb just for drums,they will be a mix of accoustic and sampled drums,but mainly sampled! Also,im only really looking for a verb for kick and snare as i mainly produce DnB! Im def going to get one from the v.i.p bundle but am stUck on which to get! The EMT Plate seems right but the Eventide 2016 mentions its especially good on drums! So any help and advice would be so appreciated. Many Thanks in Advance J
Old 8th October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fidelity View Post
+1000 on that! Right back OT, Can someone please help me with a bit of advice? I cannot demo anything at the moment due to decorating! But im in the market for a great Reverb just for drums,they will be a mix of accoustic and sampled drums,but mainly sampled! Also,im only really looking for a verb for kick and snare as i mainly produce DnB! Im def going to get one from the v.i.p bundle but am stUck on which to get! The EMT Plate seems right but the Eventide 2016 mentions its especially good on drums! So any help and advice would be so appreciated. Many Thanks in Advance J
The EMT to me is really good and I'm pretty sure will be nice on drums. On the other hand I was a bit disappointed by the 2016 style verb because it doesn't sound like one (I have an original one) and the reverb time is always too long.
Hope this helps
Old 12th October 2011
Gear Nut

Hi,

Any news about the V.I.P. Bundle?

Cheers
Old 13th October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Head View Post
Hi,

Any news about the V.I.P. Bundle?

Cheers
Hi Machine head, we are working hard

Today we are are pleased to announce a new update that fixes a few bugs reported by users !

===============================================
FIXED BUGS - MODIFICATIONS: 10/04/2011 Version 1.1.2
===============================================

- Fixed : DC-Digital Reverb the selector size wasn't changing the reverb size correctly.
- Fixed : DC-Degradiator AU 64bit version was not working.
- Fixed : DC-Monster Boost AU 64bit version was not working.

We are working on new plug-ins but our devs are driving crazy with the numerous great requests we receive every day !!! Looks like it is 100 plug-ins that we'll need to make to satisfy everyone ! We'll do our best...

Here's the link to our download section.

All the best - Peter
Old 13th October 2011
Gear Nut

Hi Peter,
Thanks for response. Great news .

Quote:
..Looks like it is 100 plug-ins that we'll need to make to satisfy everyone..
I can imagine that heh and you make a good Job, really.

cheers
Machine head
Old 15th October 2011
Lives for gear

Wow! VERY impressed by Monster Boost!
Anybody interested in making things louder, more present, saturation, enhancing, in your face type of plugins should try this one out!
It makes things come forward without sounding over compressed or distorted. Total winnner plugin IMO!
Old 15th October 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAudioBot View Post
Wow! VERY impressed by Monster Boost!
Anybody interested in making things louder, more present, saturation, enhancing, in your face type of plugins should try this one out!
It makes things come forward without sounding over compressed or distorted. Total winnner plugin IMO!
That one is pretty cool yes
Old 18th October 2011
Gear Maniac

I am in love with the Analoger!

The notion of modeled tubes and tape saturation or console emulation, has always intrigued me.

The Analoger adds the very character I have been searching for!! Don't push it to hard though tutt

Admittedly I am not a fan of nomad plug ins. when I heard that these were a NF build, I was quite reluctant, but my interest in analog modeling plug ins got the best of me.....the analoger is right up there with the best of them....VERY VERY good Plug in, can't speak for any other plug ins in this bundle yet.
Old 18th October 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hricco View Post
...........Admittedly I am not a fan of nomad plug ins. when I heard that these were a NF build, I was quite reluctant, but my interest in analog modeling plug ins got the best of me......
This is from this thread:
Quote:
...Now concerning your thoughts about the GUIs and Nomad Factory

As someone mentioned somewhere above, we always had great relations with the folks at Nomad Factory and we will certainly not hide that they have been a great source of inspiration in the development of our products. We nevertheless also worked with many other great developers that also strongly contributed in the development of our plug-ins… Unfortunately, we cannot say much more about the business relations we have with third party developers as we signed agreements where we stated that we will not divulge any information concerning third party companies that contributed in the development of our products...

Now for the GUIs, sure they are kinda Nomad Like... They have been made by Hans Van Even (MusicWorks) as he is one of the best designers around. He has worked on most Nomad Factory's Graphics but he also designs for Cakewalk, Sonalskis, Yellow Tools, isotope and so many others...

Hope that answers your thoughts.
Graham
Old 18th October 2011
Lives for gear

Yeah, Analoger has grown on me a lot. The saturation and simple EQ controls are a very useful combo. It is on par with Waves MPX, SATV, and Decapitator for my uses (all good for different things with some overlap).
Old 28th October 2011
Administrator

Bump

Hi Peter any news on the new plugins?

Graham
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search