The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Don't Crack VIP Series plugins Saturation Plugins
Old 2nd October 2011
  #181
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Degragater is not showing any GUI in Logic 9, OSX
10.6.8-only the basic black/white w/ no controls although it sounds
like its processing some audio

It is possible that the plug-in has not been scanned correctly.
To force a re-scan of the plug-in do the following:

1- Go to Logic Menu and go to Preferences > Audio Units Manager.
2- Click Reset & Rescan Selection.

If problems persist, Quit Logic.
3- Go to Macintosh HD/Users/'Your Account'/Library/Caches. In that
folder, delete the file called "com.apple.audiounits.cache".
4- Restart Logic. It will re-scan all the available plug-ins, then the
plug-in should now show up in the list

Kind Regards - Peter
Old 2nd October 2011
  #182
Gear Addict
 
PeeWeeGee's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaMix View Post
I demo'd these and was prepared not to like them because I never liked any of the Nomad Factory plug-ins. So far I only tested the Analoger (which is real nice), Brighter, Retro EQ. Good job. These are some good plug-ins.
+1

Still...many of the plugs aren't really MY cup of tea. @DON'T CRACK: Can you give a hint of what is in the pipeline? Right now, I can't justify the spend when only 20% of the bundle is useful to me.
Old 2nd October 2011
  #183
retro equalizer puts a lot of not nice saturation/coloration

i like a lot all plugins, but this is not nice.


Sugestion for new plugins?

-Tilt like softube is superb
-analizer for mastering , with clear RMS, M/S measures . . . like rogel nichols inspectors but with new look .
-Trigger replacer for drums (like apptriga) simple and effective
-Phase align (like melta autoalign)
-Dehisser and cleaner (clicks and pops)
-De-esser (still using lots of instances of spitfish from sasha )

Maybe if you need make better plugins you will put like sasha vst, a advanced mode with rear view and options to calibrate etc etc . . .


Plizzz no more exciters , console simulators or valve saturators . . .

but the most important for me, running samplitude in 32 bit mode, is not using a lot of ram . Right now with only asignable 2Gb ram on XP and samplitude with alarms when vst go near 1Gb, is not posible run more than 10 dC vsts at same time with no crashes :((

and of course, good work.

soon we buy the entire vip.
Old 2nd October 2011
  #184
I just installed the latest installer of the VIP and all is working GREAT in DP 7.2.4! Thanks so much for the quick fix.
Old 2nd October 2011
  #185
Lives for gear
 
Lights's Avatar
Haven't had a chance to demo these, but I just wanted to say that despite all the static on this thread I am a big fan of developers engaging directly with customers in forums like these. It's part of the reason I've bought all of SKNote's latest offerings (starting with roundtone) and it's why I own everything Spectrasonics makes. The music software business is small and engaging with customers is a great way to build loyalty and will make me more likely to be a buyer when I think about my next plugin needs.
Old 2nd October 2011
  #186
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lights View Post
.................engaging with customers is a great way to build loyalty and will make me more likely to be a buyer when I think about my next plugin needs.
+1
Graham
Old 3rd October 2011
  #187
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWeeGee View Post
+1

Still...many of the plugs aren't really MY cup of tea. @DON'T CRACK: Can you give a hint of what is in the pipeline? Right now, I can't justify the spend when only 20% of the bundle is useful to me.
Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback. It is difficult to announce what will be the next plugs as we've already backed-up on some development as we receive users feedback.

Simply looking at great suggestions posted here on GS made us reconsider some planned development against more "original" content.

It would also be of great help if all suggestions could also be posted in our dedicated DC Plug-ins Suggestions thread.

The pipeline is therefore what you gearslutz come up with ;-)) We'll try to follow as we can.

Thanks - Peter
Old 3rd October 2011
  #188
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbalcubo View Post
retro equalizer puts a lot of not nice saturation/coloration

i like a lot all plugins, but this is not nice.


Sugestion for new plugins?

-Tilt like softube is superb
-analizer for mastering , with clear RMS, M/S measures . . . like rogel nichols inspectors but with new look .
-Trigger replacer for drums (like apptriga) simple and effective
-Phase align (like melta autoalign)
-Dehisser and cleaner (clicks and pops)
-De-esser (still using lots of instances of spitfish from sasha )

Maybe if you need make better plugins you will put like sasha vst, a advanced mode with rear view and options to calibrate etc etc . . .


Plizzz no more exciters , console simulators or valve saturators . . .

but the most important for me, running samplitude in 32 bit mode, is not using a lot of ram . Right now with only asignable 2Gb ram on XP and samplitude with alarms when vst go near 1Gb, is not posible run more than 10 dC vsts at same time with no crashes :((

and of course, good work.

soon we buy the entire vip.

Thank you itbalcubo, all of that is great food for the mind !

Again, it would be very helpful if all future plug-ins suggestions could be posted in our dedicated forum thread.

That would greatly help our team follow-up...

Thanks - Peter
Old 3rd October 2011
  #189
Gear Maniac
 

Thanks Nomad factory for bringing us these plugins under the Don't crack name.
Old 3rd October 2011
  #190
Gear Nut
 
Machine Head's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond View Post
Thanks Nomad factory for bringing us these plugins under the Don't crack name.
?...same thread (2):

Quote:
...Now concerning your thoughts about the GUIs and Nomad Factory :

As someone mentioned somewhere above, we always had great relations with the folks at Nomad Factory and we will certainly not hide that they have been a great source of inspiration in the development of our products. We nevertheless also worked with many other great developers that also strongly contributed in the development of our plug-ins… Unfortunately, we cannot say much more about the business relations we have with third party developers as we signed agreements where we stated that we will not divulge any information concerning third party companies that contributed in the development of our products...

Now for the GUIs, sure they are kinda Nomad Like... They have been made by Hans Van Even (MusicWorks) as he is one of the best designers around. He has worked on most Nomad Factory's Graphics but he also designs for Cakewalk, Sonalskis, Yellow Tools, isotope and so many others...

Hope that answers your thoughts.
Old 4th October 2011
  #191
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonomagicstar View Post
i briefly (briefly because you dont need more time to diagnose the quality of those plug ins) tried all of them (except the delay, echo, reverb and plate)and the gui might be good, but the sound is deep crap.(like nomad factory). for the same price I would recommend to buy a guitar rig 5(for the effects) ou the equivalent from meldaproduction
I'm an 80/20 hardware fellow, but a good 70% of these plugins are not deep crap (whatever deep crap means? I assume by that you mean they are not very good). However I do like the your cunning use of Franglish in your post "ou"' meaning "or", for the uninitiated. Thank you for the advice though, cloth-ears.
Old 4th October 2011
  #192
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Head View Post
?...same thread (2):
Yeah right, It's Nomad alright.... As a matter of fact I'm sure of it. Nomad repack.
Old 4th October 2011
  #193
Lives for gear
 
lobsterinn's Avatar
What makes you sure of this?

More importantly, what does it matter? These are mostly very nice plugs. If they were coded by Nomad Factory, then this is their best work.

For what it's worth, the saturation plugs sound nothing like the NM stuff I have heard (and I like Magnetic) Same with the delay.
Old 4th October 2011
  #194
Gear Addict
 

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboy View Post
Think I see your point...



Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
Hmmm... a processor named 'Clarisonix', with a control named 'Focus' and another named 'Clarity'...

Daringly original!




Gregory Scott - ubk
Verrrry Niceeeeee!! I would call the Plug ins DON'T COPY -VIP Ripping off Series heh
Old 4th October 2011
  #195
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond View Post
Yeah right, It's Nomad alright.... As a matter of fact I'm sure of it. Nomad repack.
Hi Beyond,

Thanks for your interest in DontCrack V.I.P. Series plug-ins !

Kind Regards - Peter
Old 4th October 2011
  #196
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by :deth:roxxmeowserz View Post
i don't know what they sound like, and i really don't think it's worth it to find out. maybe i'm wrong, eat me.
no one is ever gonna even want to crack this mess, don't worry.
You are obviously a troll-tard. I've demo'ed them and think they sound pretty darn good, and are very fairly priced IMO. I will definitely be putting these on my "to buy" list. Good job, Don't Crack.......even though I still hate the name of your company.
Old 4th October 2011
  #197
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum7 View Post
You are obviously a troll-tard. I've demo'ed them and think they sound pretty darn good, and are very fairly priced IMO. I will definitely be putting these on my "to buy" list. Good job, Don't Crack.......even though I still hate the name of your company.
Yeah i'm in for a couple too!
Nice job DC and good individual prices too.

Graham
Old 4th October 2011
  #198
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboy View Post
Think I see your point...

WTF!? thats plain robbery. surely thats not legal? "dontcrack" ?? thats just so ironic to the maxxxxxx its almost funny :///
Old 4th October 2011
  #199
Gear Maniac
 




Old 4th October 2011
  #200
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by check_your_head View Post



Soooo?
Old 4th October 2011
  #201
Lives for gear
 
lobsterinn's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz:Wilson View Post
WTF!? thats plain robbery. surely thats not legal? "dontcrack" ?? thats just so ironic to the maxxxxxx its almost funny :///
Was it legal for Mellowmuse to copy the knobs from a Pultec? Is it legal for every 1176 emu to look and sound like an 1176? Is it legal for me to write a song using a G-C-D chord progression like countless other songs? You get my point...

I don't understand the impulse to try and demonize this company or these plugins. Yes, their GUI's look similar to Mellowmuse. Mellowmuse happens to make great, user-friendly GUI's, so naturally others will borrow from that. I really like Mellowmuse stuff, partially because of the GUI's, so I'm glad other developers are taking notice. Massey has really similar interfaces, as do others, BTW.

There are a lot of plugins out there, so I understand the urge to simplify choices by writing some companies off. I personally don't pay attention to UAD because I want to keep my plugs native. I don't get on UAD threads and try to cut them down for it though...
Old 4th October 2011
  #202
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Here we go again!! Can just people QUIT about the "NAme or COPY this from or that FROM"? And back to Topic about these cool, great plugins that if you read thru out the whole Thread, many find them very good or great or amazing depending on their ways of expressing themselves?

Come on guys, (of course addressing this to those who still can't Disconnect themselves and Quit about those stupid details)? Don't mean to attack anyone here but it's just starting honestly to be TO MUCH for nothing.

Un-funking-Believable.

In a positive note to the Dev of "DC plugins", glad you guys are keeping up with your word on bringing more plugins with the concept of "not too much knobs going" and in top of that depending on "taste", they are sounding very good and most of All, you guys are listening to USERS and thats a MUST. Kudos

One
Old 4th October 2011
  #203
Lives for gear
 
Solar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterinn View Post
Was it legal for Mellowmuse to copy the knobs from a Pultec? Is it legal for every 1176 emu to look and sound like an 1176? Is it legal for me to write a song using a G-C-D chord progression like countless other songs? You get my point...

I don't understand the impulse to try and demonize this company or these plugins. Yes, their GUI's look similar to Mellowmuse. Mellowmuse happens to make great, user-friendly GUI's, so naturally others will borrow from that. I really like Mellowmuse stuff, partially because of the GUI's, so I'm glad other developers are taking notice. Massey has really similar interfaces, as do others, BTW.

There are a lot of plugins out there, so I understand the urge to simplify choices by writing some companies off. I personally don't pay attention to UAD because I want to keep my plugs native. I don't get on UAD threads and try to cut them down for it though...
Exactly well said
Old 4th October 2011
  #204
Lives for gear
 
Quantum7's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deniz:Wilson View Post
WTF!? thats plain robbery. surely thats not legal? "dontcrack" ?? thats just so ironic to the maxxxxxx its almost funny :///

Oh the humanity!
Old 4th October 2011
  #205
Here for the gear
 

I like them! they sound good and are easy to use.
To bad they use so much ram memory. i have never used plugins that uses this much :O
Old 4th October 2011
  #206
Administrator
 
Grahamdwc's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
......To bad they use so much ram memory. i have never used plugins that uses this much :O
I have

Graham
Old 4th October 2011
  #207
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
I have

Graham


on my computer 6-7 DC plugins use more memory than a full superior drummer kit
must be some kind of bug.

hope they fix this
Old 4th October 2011
  #208
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
on my computer 6-7 DC plugins use more memory than a full superior drummer kit
must be some kind of bug.

hope they fix this
Please report this with more tech details. Witch OS version, DAW version, etc.

Thanks - Peter
Old 4th October 2011
  #209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grod View Post
on my computer 6-7 DC plugins use more memory than a full superior drummer kit
must be some kind of bug.

hope they fix this

Normally i can use 40 vst or more in a project (80 tracks -i am , normally, recording pop rock) i will be glad delete waves, ilock and forgot abusive prices for me and my small company. But when i try demos and put a new delay and system said : you are reaching the limit of memory , and then, I remove the last vst from DC and can put similar delay from waves whitout problem . . . . and 30 vst more from waves without problem, but no one more from DC . . ouchhhh
Right now this plugins are not suitables for me. (samplitude in XP 32 with 3 gb ram)
The first will be optimize the current plugins with better resources, no more and more not usable plugins.

And of course, plugins are good, very good . . .can be better . . . but right now are good plugins.
I can make a entire project, but each vst need a reduction in resources about 70% in ram.
Old 4th October 2011
  #210
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by itbalcubo View Post
Normally i can use 40 vst or more in a project (80 tracks -i am , normally, recording pop rock) i will be glad delete waves, ilock and forgot abusive prices for me and my small company. But when i try demos and put a new delay and system said : you are reaching the limit of memory , and then, I remove the last vst from DC and can put similar delay from waves whitout problem . . . . and 30 vst more from waves without problem, but no one more from DC . . ouchhhh
Right now this plugins are not suitables for me. (samplitude in XP 32 with 3 gb ram)
The first will be optimize the current plugins with better resources, no more and more not usable plugins.

And of course, plugins are good, very good . . .can be better . . . but right now are good plugins.
I can make a entire project, but each vst need a reduction in resources about 70% in ram.
Exactly my thoughts!
They could be excellent if it weren't for the high memory usage!
Right now they are unusable for my computer.
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump