The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Don't Crack VIP Series plugins Saturation Plugins
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
I posted my issue on your forum.
Thanks RIF, our support team will look in ASAP... We have a new version on the blocks with many reported bug fixes and new features. We do try to catch the vibe...

thanks and all the best - Peter
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Just bought Clarisonix
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontCrack View Post
Sorry FLYINGJAY but that wasn't directed to YOU personally... Just a general mood. How is it that you guys can attack our name with "vitriol" and we cannot even make fun out of it ?

I don't know guys, but let's get back to sound if I may...

And BTW : We target high end users with cool and easy products to use. That is also good for low end prosumers for which you don't seem to have much consideration as I read you...

Thanks - Peter
I'll try the new plugs,apologies guys.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Addict

K, so I got the Dimension D running now with the 101 version and it loads fine this time, but it doesn't really come close to the UAD Dim-d I have...it really just sounds like a rather plain vanilla chorus so I can't reco it whole heartedly, as I feel the UAD is way better...no real surprise there. What's really bugging me now, is that the DC folks seem to have borrowed the GUIs and very close names from others, which is being brought to light here in this thread. With don't crack's anti piracy position I find this more than ironic and a bit hypocritical. I'm not feeling very good about DC's offerings in light of this, and I do think it's something to consider seriously.
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY View Post
I'll try the new plugs,apologies guys.....

No offense FLYINGJAY, we all have our bad days. I look forward to your sincere feedback...

We cannot please everyone but trust that we are doing our best to monitor users experience and that we will do our best to ameliorate our plug-ins as this shows to be necessary.

Kind Regards - Peter
Old 27th September 2011
Gear Nut

BTW guys,

We are working on all tech reports and suggestions that have been posted above. Some "bugs" are really hard to reproduce on our end but we are working on it !

We also want to thank all of you that spend time sending very complete and useful information to our tech support team through our dedicated forum boards.

The good news is that we should have a new version tomorrow or thursday at the latest. It wont be 1.0.2 but 1.2. Ain't that good food to speculate... :wink:

Oh and BTW, here are our first YouTube Video Trailers. As usual, all comments there are much appreciated !

Thanks and all the best - Peter
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear
Love the trailers BTW!

Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wilson View Post
With don't crack's anti piracy position I find this more than ironic and a bit hypocritical. I'm not feeling very good about DC's offerings in light of this, and I do think it's something to consider seriously.
Well put! And damn those GUIs really look like the mellowmuse stuff! Wow!
Old 27th September 2011
Lives for gear

I really like the fact that Dont Crack always offer us great deals on great plugins from many different software developers.

The new Dont Crack V.I.P plugins are no exception!
I always applaude true pioneers which I believe these guys at DC are.
And the V.I.P plugin bundle they developed does proofs that.
And they won´t stop, they already announced there are 20 more V.I.P plugins under developement!!

I have tons of plugins in my arsenal already, yet as I am creative 24/7 in the studio, new tools are always gonna give me more ideas and keep me hungry to explore and try out new things. They make me grow as an engineer.
This is where companies like Dont Crack come in.

So to the guys at Dont Crack: Keep up the good work, the name "Don´t Crack" is right up my alley in matter of non tolerans of piracy software.

Thanks for taking us further!
Old 27th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiogal View Post
I really like the fact that Dont Crack always offer us great deals on great plugins from many different software developers...............So to the guys at Dont Crack: Keep up the good work, the name "Don´t Crack" is right up my alley in matter of non tolerans of piracy software.

Thanks for taking us further!
+1

Graham
Old 27th September 2011
MediaMix
I demo'd these and was prepared not to like them because I never liked any of the Nomad Factory plug-ins. So far I only tested the Analoger (which is real nice), Brighter, Retro EQ. Good job. These are some good plug-ins.
Old 28th September 2011
Gear Nut

Hi all,

Thanks for such great testimonials

We work hard with developers to make these nice, affordable and easy to use in real life. That is our goal !

The new version 1.2 should be out tomorrow with many improvements and, and... ;-)

I look forward to your feedback and constructive critics as well. That is the only way we can make our products better and closer to your needs.

Cheers - Peter
Old 28th September 2011
Gear Nut

Thumbs up

Quote:

We work hard with developers to make these nice, affordable and easy to use in real life. That is our goal !

Cheers - Peter
Why not give some peace of mind to the peeps here that are interested where'd this all come from- who the devs are without naming any names, but what have the guys done in the past before DC stuff... besides the obvious NF.
Please.
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The new version 1.2 should be out tomorrow with many improvements and, and... ;-)
a pre-delay on the plate?
Old 29th September 2011
Lives for gear

Two new plugs on the Don't Crack store:

Degradiator

and

DC Monster Boost

A bit crusher / lo-fi type effect and a harmonic generator. Doesn't look like the download is available quite yet... Look forward to trying these out.
Old 29th September 2011
Gear Addict

Any chance of getting a hint of what the "over 40 plug-ins" will include?!
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Nut

Dear friends,

We are proud to announce that version 1.1.0 (not 1.2.0 sorry for MY mistake) of our V.I.P. Series Plug-ins is available for download ! Again we have monitored your feedback and hope this new version reflects your reports and inquiries.

Version 1.1.0 is also a FREE upgrade to all V.I.P. Bundle owners that will enjoy seeing 2 new plug-ins added to their collection for a total of 22 plug-ins at this time. Again we simply monitored user feedback and we are working on new plug-ins that will be added to the collection ASAP...

==============================================
FIXED BUGS - MODIFICATIONS AND UPGRADE : 09/29/2011 Version 1.1.0
==============================================

IMPORTANT : DC V.I.P Plug-ins version (v1.1.0) requires a re-authorization. Simply launch the authorizer application (from any DC Plug-in) and use the serial number you received to re-authorize the software.

- Fixed : Authorization problem on PC machines. (Mac and PC needs to be re-authorized).
- Fixed : RTAS wasn't loading correctly on some PC machines.
- Fixed : DC-TransControl DSP wasn't processing correctly.
- Fixed : DC-Chorus Ensemble Factory Presets were corrupted.
- Fixed : DC-Classic Phaser 'Cirtacular' preset 'Freq Range' caused GUI knob to disappear.
- Fixed : DC-Digital Reverb 'Decay Time' knob wasn't working correctly.

- Changed : DC-Retro Compressor output level was louder of 1.16dB, output level is now at 0dB when threshold at 0.

- Added : Two new plug-Ins (included in the V.I.P. Bundle as a FREE upgrade) :

1- DC-Degradiator
2- DC-Monster Boost

Version 1.1.0 is available from our DC Plug-ins support pages.

Enjoy !
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Addict

i've downloaded the new demo version (1.1.0.)
Installed DC-Monster boost on windows xp 32 bit.
I've opened wavelab 6,i've launched the plugin and played a file.
Nothing happens.The sound pass through as the plugin was not loaded.
I move all the controls on the plug but nothing happens or changes in the sound.Quite strange.Have you an explanation for this?

thanks
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Nut

Thanks for the new plugins heh

But (Mac AU) the Factory Presets from all plugins are missing, although they are installed at the right place. I've posted this in your Forum.

cheers
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradoca View Post
i've downloaded the new demo version (1.1.0.)
Installed DC-Monster boost on windows xp 32 bit.
I've opened wavelab 6,i've launched the plugin and played a file.
Nothing happens.The sound pass through as the plugin was not loaded.
I move all the controls on the plug but nothing happens or changes in the sound.Quite strange.Have you an explanation for this?

thanks
Yes it is a very transparent plug-in, LOL ! Sorry, I nervously needed to say something stupid !

It works great on all of our test machines... We will investigate and get back asap.

Thanks for reporting.

BR - Peter
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine Head View Post
Thanks for the new plugins heh

But (Mac AU) the Factory Presets from all plugins are missing, although they are installed at the right place. I've posted this in your Forum.

cheers
Wow, can't believe this ! Thank you too for reporting. Looks like the kids are gonna enjoy playing on the PlayStation for the hole weekend

We do need all OS, DAW, etc versions to reproduce. I do think you posted that on our board and thank you for that !

We'll look into that ASAP.

Sorry for the trouble.

BR - Peter
Old 30th September 2011
Gear Addict

I wonder what's next. A one knob pitch wheel would be awesome. With options for pitch, timbre or both, a step/smooth switch, and not limited to only one octave.
Old 1st October 2011
Gear Nut

Hi Guys,

Thanks for reporting !

We were able to reproduce the preset folder problem on Mac...

We also fixed the installer issue on XP and audio that wasn't processed in demo mode under certain circumstances...

The EchoFlex preset folder name is also fixed.

We have a new version 1.1.1 that should be available in the next hours and will fix all of these.

We apologies for the trouble but these were very tricky issues that our beta guys didn't notice at first.

I will post as the new version is available later today.

Thanks - Peter
Old 1st October 2011
Ilove V.I.P.,but Peter youre reply saying just changing the folder destination in SONAR X1 Does Not Work! I bought the bundle in Windows VST for X64.There is an option in one of the instalation windows, where you can tick a box to install for x86[32bit],well that didnt work for me either.The ONLY way to get the bundle to show/work for me was you MUST ABSOLUTELY download the 2 seperate 64bit AND 32bit seperately/individually and then use the SAME authorization code for BOTH! This is because SONAR X1 in 32 and 64 are 2 totally seperate programs/installations.Any how after much Fuc&ing about the Plugins work FANTASTIC and seem less CPU hungry than many of cakewalks included plugs,as well as sounding better! I just thought to post[again] to save anyone with SONAR in both 32 and 64 the hairloss that I suffered! All is VERY cool now[Im wearing a hat!]heh
Old 1st October 2011
Just realised new version downloading now! THANK YOU! 2 extra tools! very cool company!
Old 1st October 2011
Gear Nut

Dear friends,

We hope you'll appreciate our prompt response to your reports.

========================================
FIXED BUGS - MODIFICATIONS: 09/30/2011 Version 1.1.1

- Fixed : Demo version wasn't processing audio under certain circumstances.
- Fixed : Non accessible Presets on Mac
- Fixed : Windows XP installer issue
- Fixed : DC-EchoFlex presets was saved into 'EchoPlex' folder instead of 'EchoFlex'

Here is the link to the 1.1.1 installers.

Thanks for your feedback - Peter
Old 2nd October 2011
Lives for gear
Monster boost is pretty cool
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retinal View Post
Monster boost is pretty cool
yeah i agree
Old 2nd October 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Dear friends,

We hope you'll appreciate our prompt response to your reports.

FIXED BUGS - MODIFICATIONS: 09/30/2011 Version 1.1.1

Thanks for your feedback - Peter
Absolutely!! Great Customer support, really
All presets on Mac are found again
I required NI (e.g.), here in Germany, would have the same fast Support too
Thanks again for your fast effords!

And yes, Monster Boost is pretty coolheh

Cheers
Machine Head
Old 2nd October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by :deth:roxxmeowserz View Post
everything about this sounds like stupid crap. who releases this many plug-ins at the same time and expects to be taken seriously? the whole thing just sounds stupid.
i would demo it but i can't help getting the feeling it'll be a waste of time that ends up like basically every freeware junk u get out there..
SOOOOOO WRONG! I totally just laugh at people that "judge" from the Name,The perceived Market that THEY perceive,The fact that they dont cost stupid amounts of money like many others,And then dont even LISTEN to the products before dissing them! Total imperialist snobbery.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search