The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Don't Crack VIP Series plugins Saturation Plugins
Old 23rd September 2011
Lives for gear

It's funny that the entire page 4 is dedicated to Clarisonix which is proabably the only plugin of the bundle I'm buying haha! (MAYBE the plate, maybe!)
Old 24th September 2011
RiF
Lives for gear

It's funny that most posts care about the company's name, the UI and copying-issues.
How do they sound?
Old 24th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
It's funny that most posts care about the company's name, the UI and copying-issues.
How do they sound?
The overall sound is pretty nice. I love a couple of plugs (Clarisonix and Analoger), but i'm still looking for a good VST chorus. Damn, looks like I'll never find one that fits in my plugin folder :-(
Old 24th September 2011
Lui
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedari View Post
The overall sound is pretty nice. I love a couple of plugs (Clarisonix and Analoger), but i'm still looking for a good VST chorus. Damn, looks like I'll never find one that fits in my plugin folder :-(
Did you try dim d by ers or fluid by audiodamage?
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedari View Post
Indeed if you're looking for a great Chorus, don't look no further, Dim D by ERS

And as many here Clarisonix is one of my favorite Good job to @DC for being inspired cuz its always nice to have a quick nice plugin with easy to Dial knobs like Clarisonix to bring some life to tracks & easy to tweak too

Home page
Old 24th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm not affliated to either Don't Crack or UAD nor do I develop plugins. Nor do I know anyone who works for UAD, Don't Crack or Nomad Factory.

I have a working unproven guess:

UAD makes Dimension D.
UAD makes a Emt 140 Plate.

In the vain of IRCAM Verb releasing an simplified version called Verb Session but with the exact same engine.

Maybe this don't crack pugin bundles contain the exact coding from UAD? what a theory hey? Can't prove it. But it does seem exciting no?

exact engine but with simplied controls (where applicable), the basis of Don't Crack plugin series bundle.

Let's read between the lines here slutz,
From Don'tCrack.com:
Quote:
This new series delivers the same professional sound you would come to expect from other major plug-in manufacturers, but they are much easier to use. Designed with an emphasis on quality and simplicity, each plug-in has a clean interface with only the most essential knobs and switches. With the V.I.P plug-in series, dialing in a great sound has never been easier: Simply load the plug- in and turn a knob for instant sonic satisfaction.
Quote:
sound you would come to expect from other major plug-in manufacturers,
= UAD?, Nomad Factory?

Quote:
Designed with an emphasis on quality and simplicity, each plug-in has a clean interface with only the most essential knobs and switches
= Simplied Controls but with exactly same algorithms as found in plugins made by above mentioned companies?

Guessing all those plugins are from the same pedigree for a greatly reduced price, now if I'm right, that's pretty wicked right?

Regards
Josef Horhay
Mixing Engineer
www.acoosticzoo.com
Old 24th September 2011
Gear Nut

Mmmh, I think that's speculation. And when you does not develop plugins, how do you want to know that these are the same algorithms?
I don't believe that. And consider the copyright.

Regards
Old 25th September 2011
Wanted to try the demo but when I started pro tools it said that I need an ilock or have to authorize the plug's.....
Anybody else have this problem?
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Maniac

everything about this sounds like stupid crap. who releases this many plug-ins at the same time and expects to be taken seriously?
plus the clarisonix thing is silly and cheap. of course it's not gonna detract from UBK's sales, but that's not the point. the whole thing just sounds stupid.
i would demo it but i can't help getting the feeling it'll be a waste of time that ends up like basically every freeware junk u get out there. expect to buy it, u gotta pay money.
none of the nomad factory plugs i've tried out have sounded halfway decent at all. and any even rumored affiliation to that company for sure just sinks this entirely.
i don't know what they sound like, and i really don't think it's worth it to find out. maybe i'm wrong, eat me.
no one is ever gonna even want to crack this mess, don't worry.
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

I seriously doubt these are UAD plugs recoded as native. That would be a monumental task. UAD can't even make x64 versions of their plugs available let alone port them from their custom sharc dsp card to native vst/rtas.
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by :deth:roxxmeowserz View Post
everything about this sounds like stupid crap. who releases this many plug-ins at the same time and expects to be taken seriously?
plus the clarisonix thing is silly and cheap. of course it's not gonna detract from UBK's sales, but that's not the point. the whole thing just sounds stupid.
i would demo it but i can't help getting the feeling it'll be a waste of time that ends up like basically every freeware junk u get out there. expect to buy it, u gotta pay money.
none of the nomad factory plugs i've tried out have sounded halfway decent at all. and any even rumored affiliation to that company for sure just sinks this entirely.
i don't know what they sound like, and i really don't think it's worth it to find out. maybe i'm wrong, eat me.
no one is ever gonna even want to crack this mess, don't worry.
What's with the vitriol ?
If you've got nothing useful to add, kindly give it a rest... Or demo them and post an informed opinion.
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Nut

....i don't know what they sound like, and i really don't think it's worth it to find out. maybe i'm wrong...

Yes I think you're wrong, it's pure prejudice. You talk about something you didn't know. And yes, demo them and then post your opinion . The Bundle sounds pretty good, and I have Softube , Brainworx, Wave's, PSP and so on. People hear different, and my sound is not yours. I think that's normal
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
The DONT CRACK name is awful , what a bad choice, that shows mediocrity in a way, because if your ambitions are high as a Plug in company , "How far do you thing you can go under that name"???

I know is all about sound, but that name is really one of the worst choices for a Plug in.

I asked few friends about the name all say, are u joking????, ugly name, sounds amateurish..
Yea the name is getting to me as well I bought the magnetic plugin still love it but "DONT CRACK" to me mean don't move up in class!

I was in the market for a tape emu but haven't looked at any "DON'T CRACK" product, change the name until then I "DONT USE".

NOMADFACTORY is fine
Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY View Post
Yea the name is getting to me as well .... change the name until then I "DONT USE".
This thread is like the damn Twilight Zone.
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post
This thread is like the damn Twilight Zone.
AMEN
Old 25th September 2011
dio
Gear Addict

Why not if there are open issues?
Old 25th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
How do they sound?

Easy: They sound good. From "ok" to "absolutely good". Not all of them are my cup of tea but surely usefull.
You know why I say so? Because I use my ears. But what also makes a "good" plugin is how you "feel" it, how easy you can dial in your sound with good results, stability and and and. DC VIP got that right IMO.

roxxmeowserz: You are a joke, man, absolutely!
Some Nomad plugins sound really good (Analog Signature, Motown, Magnetic and and and..) I'm really fed up by such generalized statements such as yours.

This whole STUPID discussion about the name is ridiculous! Guys, the website selling plugins for a good price and making cool deals is, yep "Don'tCrack" which, to me is pretty easy to understand how it's meant.
If the same company decided to release a plugin series, why not these be called the way the company is named?

Names are names and everyone has the right to call their product the way they like, with the seriousness, the humour, cynicism, message, phylosophy they like!

FLYINGJAY: Why on earth "Not move up in class"?
Are you guys total kids or what?

Besides that, have all you guys lost every little sense of humour?
Why not take it with a smile?

Man, this is terrible....

By the way RIF: I love your signature!
Old 26th September 2011
We don't want to lose focus here...for the sake of clarity...can we just concentrate on the sound?

I can't take it anymore...I'm beginning to crack

Old 26th September 2011
Gear Nut

Just one thing before we get back to the subject... Wouldn't that be better

That's just humor right

Cheers - Peter
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Nut

hehhehhehheh
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear
Deleted !

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
.. To see my ideas jacked so directly and unapologetically, right down to a slightly modified homonym for the actual name of the product, is disappointing at best and deeply irritating at worst...
Gregory Scott - ubk
Think I see your point...

Old 26th September 2011
Gear Nut

Yeah, we all love Ampex/Pultec knobs, Avalon like vu meters, switches that everyone uses and cool 3D effects created by great designers...
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYINGJAY View Post
First off don't crack I'm offended that your even talking to me this way,second that low end prosumers seems to be your Target base.
Sorry FLYINGJAY but that wasn't directed to YOU personally... Just a general mood. How is it that you guys can attack our name with "vitriol" and we cannot even make fun out of it ?

I don't know guys, but let's get back to sound if I may...

And BTW : We target high end users with cool and easy products to use. That is also good for low end prosumers for which you don't seem to have much consideration as I read you...

Thanks - Peter
Old 26th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontCrack View Post
Sorry FLYINGJAY but that wasn't directed to YOU personally... Just a general mood. How is it that you guys can attack our name with "vitriol" and we cannot even make fun out of it ?

I don't know guys, but let's get back to sound if I may...

And BTW : We target high end users with cool and easy products to use. That is also good for low end prosumers for which you don't seem to have much consideration as I read you...

Thanks - Peter
First off thank you to Peter and the Don't Crack team for providing me and numerous others with great prices and special offers in the past.

Why do people get so upset about a having a companies name especially a small little logo, on their product?

DEMO them, if they are not for you move on please.

Graham
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahamdwc View Post
First off thank you to Peter and the Don't Crack team for providing me and numerous others with great prices and special offers in the past.

Why do people get so upset about a having a companies name especially a small little logo, on their product?

DEMO them, if they are not for you move on please.

Graham
Exactly, pretty simple But I guess some always need to find that little "bug" and if ain't one, they'll always find one. Sad but true

As for me I don't give a damn, these plugs could have been named "Crack Me", if they fit my workflow, I'd get them & I could careless bout the name.

enjoy making music and wish All a great & positive week

Peace
Old 26th September 2011
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by konradfounded View Post
Wanted to try the demo but when I started pro tools it said that I need an ilock or have to authorize the plug's.....
Anybody else have this problem?
Same here. I am on Windows 7/64-bit and PT 9.0.3. I installed the Windows 32-bit RTAS installer, obviously, and selected the first checkbox "all VIP plugins". The installer created a folder "Dont crack" below the Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins\ folder and everything seems to be where it should.
The error message when loading PT is: "Pro Tools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key as not connected or the plug-in was damaged:"
then comes the list of all DC-*.dpm files.
Old 26th September 2011
Lives for gear

All fine here. They´re Rockin and rolling. I like these V.I.P plugins a lot!!!
Old 26th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Same here. I am on Windows 7/64-bit and PT 9.0.3. I installed the Windows 32-bit RTAS installer, obviously, and selected the first checkbox "all VIP plugins". The installer created a folder "Dont crack" below the Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Plug-Ins\ folder and everything seems to be where it should.
The error message when loading PT is: "Pro Tools could not load the following plug-ins either because no valid authorization could be found, the iLok key as not connected or the plug-in was damaged:"
then comes the list of all DC-*.dpm files.
We are working on that trying to reproduce.

One question, have you guys downloaded the latest Windows drivers ? If not, plug-ins will not install correctly from what I understand...

Please help us by reporting such bugs in our official DC Plug-ins forums for our tech team to work on it.

Thanks - Peter
Old 26th September 2011
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontCrack View Post
Please help us by reporting such bugs in our official DC Plug-ins forums for our tech team to work on it.
I posted my issue on your forum.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search