The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Don't Crack VIP Series plugins Saturation Plugins
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
The DONT CRACK name is awful , what a bad choice, that shows mediocrity in a way, because if your ambitions are high as a Plug in company , "How far do you thing you can go under that name"???

I know is all about sound, but that name is really one of the worst choices for a Plug in.

I asked few friends about the name all say, are u joking????, ugly name, sounds amateurish..
Mmh, I don't understand this. Over the years people have ordered software from 'Don't Crack' and no one said " I've ordered software from a Company with an ugly, amateurish sounding name". Why now with the VIP bundle? It's a nice gui, it sounds cool, so what?

For me it's funny to have plugins wit the name 'Don't Crack', a good Jokeheh
But people are just different

Kind regards
Machine Head
Old 19th September 2011
dio
Gear Addict

I am amazed that noone have used real time analogies yet. I'll go first then:

It's like buying your new hunting weapon with the company's name "don't kill humans" writen on it...

()

EDIT: Or even better: "Don't kill the gun shop owner"
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
The DONT CRACK name is awful , what a bad choice, that shows mediocrity in a way, because if your ambitions are high as a Plug in company , "How far do you thing you can go under that name"???

I know is all about sound, but that name is really one of the worst choices for a Plug in.

I asked few friends about the name all say, are u joking????, ugly name, sounds amateurish..

Nice additional contribution to this thread.
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1k View Post
Nice additional contribution to this thread.

Like the other 70%, that had nothing better to talk about, than the name!

I can't tell the difference between Gearslutz and KVR anymore, when it's about plugins.

Sad.
Old 19th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontCrack View Post
We are having a hard time reproducing the 30 sec freeze problem. We were only able to reproduce it on Mac using Windows under Parralel but we are working on it.
For what it's worth, I'm running 10.6.8 with i7 MBP and Logic 9. The gui knobs work, but they don't affect the sound at all. Synced knobs turn freely after, not snapping to values anymore.
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
as far as they ****ing feel like? were talking about a logo here right? a non-oppressive logo? give me a break. Of course we would all rather have a plug-in company named "star ****er" but who gives a ****ing ****? oh poor pirates don't like having to pirate a plug-in that scolds them in their psychotic brain pocket boo ****ing hoo
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Maniac

ease up mate. if i'd had the cracked plugs i would ignore the stupid name or sneeringly smile at it but after buying? a plug i bought thats telling me i shalt not crack? huh? where's the point in that?
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by check_your_head View Post
ease up mate. if i'd had the cracked plugs i would ignore the stupid name or sneeringly smile at it but after buying? a plug i bought thats telling me i shalt not crack? huh? where's the point in that?
Luckily I don't hang out with psychotically materialistic people of described caliber who communicate on a deep social level with brand names. Even more disturbing is why someone would admit to that on a public forum. Is the plug-in telling you not to crack? are you cracking? why does it keep telling you not to crack? why won't it leave you alone? the little pixels on the screen... so cold... so cold
Old 19th September 2011
Lives for gear

Please, everyone: Let the name thing drop.

If you make purchasing decisions based on such things, and the name offends, then unsubscribe from the thread and leave the rest of us to discuss the merits of these tools.
Old 19th September 2011
Exclamation KNOBS!

I for sure would change the IN and OUT knobs or make a white line that goes from the edge of the knob to 1/3 to the center ...will make the knobs a bit bigger because for tiny adjustments is not very easy with that size of knobs!

also same white line to the medium knobs when goes to the Right (just 1/5 on them)

without having a value number is so hard to know where u are, specially IN and OUT...and if you move the knows u have no idea where u were before..if you want to go back .

Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (284.2 KB, 2741 views)
Old 19th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidebomber View Post
Luckily I don't hang out with psychotically materialistic people of described caliber who communicate on a deep social level with brand names. Even more disturbing is why someone would admit to that on a public forum. Is the plug-in telling you not to crack? are you cracking? why does it keep telling you not to crack? why won't it leave you alone? the little pixels on the screen... so cold... so cold
whatever, man with martial vocabulary. take it easy.
Old 19th September 2011
DEMO - THE DEMO FREEZE SETTINGS after FEW SECS

I see the setting of the plug ins get stuck after few secs and even if you change the parameters is not gonna change the sound??

really this make it VERY difficult to evaluate the plug in very well...give me at least 15 mins
Old 19th September 2011
I dont give a"crack" about the name,I bought the VIP bundle immediately after demoing them...sublime,made me forget completely the depression associated with UAD not offering/giving a monkeys about W7 X64 Laptops!Not only that but full 64bit,20 plugs at $15 EACH!!!! FU%& UAD/Waves!
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
I see the setting of the plug ins get stuck after few secs and even if you change the parameters is not gonna change the sound??

really this make it VERY difficult to evaluate the plug in very well...give me at least 15 mins
yes, this is unusable
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshook View Post
yes, this is unusable
Yes I agree, really this Demo is so annoying and useless , this 30 secs that give you to tweak the parameters totally discourage me from checking the plug ins, I can not evaluate a Plug in this way! too bad, some seems quite nice.
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dear friends,

We fixed the in/out problem running FL Studio and an update 1.0.1 is almost ready and will be available in the next days...
Thanks! I still can't see how people are going off on the name. One poster said he feels insulted because he's paying for a plugin that tells him don't crack it, as if he's a cracker? Really?!?! That insults you? I think it's pretty obvious who the name is geared toward...so if you're not a cracker, what's there to be offended about? Smfh!
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear

The name is actually less invasive than the iLok2 and surely more efficient.
Many hackers are actually trying to delete those terrible words from the GUI to make it free for all.
No luck so far..
Old 20th September 2011
My DEMO smooth as... must be platform alergic,Im digging em,shame for u guy's.sorry to hear.Easily the BEST purchase this year!
Old 20th September 2011
Yeah the DC Dimension 3D sounds so so good.
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Nut

Guys,

Thanks again for the great feedback and testimonials.

New version 1.0.1 will be ready tomorrow with all bug fixes and new features that you guys requested...

I'll let you know as they are online.

Kind Regards - Peter
Old 20th September 2011
Gear Nut

Fast Bugfixing, great support

Thanks!
Machine Head
Old 20th September 2011
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks again for the great feedback and testimonials.
HAHAHAHA!!!
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

I don't like the name! My friend thought I was using a crack the other day when I was in a session using the demos.
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

anybody tried the dimension plug against anotehr one (uad ers ...ect )?
Old 21st September 2011
reverb crash samplitude 11

well no crash only corrupt the vip file.
when i save projects with reverb, i can not open the project again.
if i delete reverb from vst path project is avalible again with no errors.

no problem with the others plugins.
of course if i load lot of plugins (6-8) in a core duo with 2gb ram in XP sp3, soon i reach the mesage about danger with ram from samplitude. :(
Old 21st September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
anybody tried the dimension plug against anotehr one (uad ers ...ect )?
Really interested on this. I tried ERS demo and is completely useless, almost impossible to work with. Don't Crack Dimension is a little bit the same, really hard to check in deep because of the demo limitations. I need a good VST chorus, damn it! ;-P
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by abecedari View Post
Really interested on this. I tried ERS demo and is completely useless, almost impossible to work with. Don't Crack Dimension is a little bit the same, really hard to check in deep because of the demo limitations. I need a good VST chorus, damn it! ;-P

yep , i make my choruses the old skool way with a regular delay plugin but the dimension i just so fast to get (when it nails what i want) that typical stuff ....
Old 21st September 2011
KNOBS!

The IN OUT knobs are almost unreadable!!! need a clear white line!

Old 21st September 2011
Gear Nut

Hi guys,

I'm back with good news ! Version 1.0.1 is available for download.

We fixed everything you guys mentioned including demo version issues, and improved knobs with much better parameter value visibility and more :

===========================================
FIXED BUGS - MODIFICATIONS: 09/20/2011 Version 1.0.1

- Fixed : Input/Output configuration problem with FL Studio, SAC and SAWStudio.
- Fixed : Demo version GUI controls wasn't working correctly after a short time of use.
- Fixed : DC-Dimension 3D RTAS for Windows wasn't showing up in the plug-ins list.
- Fixed : DC-Digital Reverb Selector wasn't changing the Decay Time correctly.

- Changed : Knobs design updated to be more readable.
- Changed : "Demo Mode" label has been changed, now the "Demo Mode" displays the plug-in's version ("Demo v1.0.0").

- Added : Control value is displayed when a knob is clicked (mouse-down on a control will display his value)

You may download the DC V.I.P. Plug-ins from the following Link.

Enjoy !
Old 21st September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm back with good news ! Version 1.0.1 is available for download.

We fixed everything you guys mentioned including demo version issues, and improved knobs with much better parameter value visibility and more :

FIXED BUGS - MODIFICATIONS: 09/20/2011 Version 1.0.1

- Fixed : Input/Output configuration problem with FL Studio, SAC and SAWStudio.
- Fixed : Demo version GUI controls wasn't working correctly after a short time of use.
- Fixed : DC-Dimension 3D RTAS for Windows wasn't showing up in the plug-ins list.
- Fixed : DC-Digital Reverb Selector wasn't changing the Decay Time correctly.

- Changed : Knobs design updated to be more readable.
- Changed : "Demo Mode" label has been changed, now the "Demo Mode" displays the plug-in's version ("Demo v1.0.0").

- Added : Control value is displayed when a knob is clicked (mouse-down on a control will display his value)

You may download the DC V.I.P. Plug-ins from the following Link.

Enjoy !
Now thats what i'm talking about. Listening to Users is KEY. Great job DC!!!!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search