The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves :Eddie Kramer, Tape, Tubes & Transistors Saturation Plugins
Old 13th September 2011
Administrator

Software Waves :Eddie Kramer, Tape, Tubes & Transistors

Developed in association with Eddie Kramer, Tape, Tubes & Transistors features three meticulously-modeled vintage plugins: Kramer Master Tape, HLS Channel, and PIE Compressor. Together, they recreate Eddie’s golden audio chain, which he used to record musical icons like Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles. Now, the legendary sound of London's Olympic Studios can be yours—with Tape, Tubes & Transistors.

As far as i can tell its the same plugins but now in a bundle.

Link : Tape, Tubes & Transistors | Bundles | Waves
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

For a moment I thought that Waves copied MellowMuse's SATV/SoundToys Decapitator/URS Saturator and named it "Tapes, Tubes and Transistors".

Wish these bundles would go by their real names, not by the engineers that used them.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

$134 upgrade cost for MPX users at the Waves store. Anyone know if it's possible to buy these bundle upgrades through third-party vendors?
Old 13th September 2011
dio
Gear Addict

Yes you can buy them from vendors as well
Old 13th September 2011
DSK
Lives for gear

The Pie compressor is an fantastic agressive beast. Looove it!

This one is one of the best bundle in plugin land. Don't tale my word for it and go demo it heh
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Dio.
Old 13th September 2011
Administrator

Its $157 from Waves Universe with no upgrade so with upgrade should even better again than direct from Waves.

Graham
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

where do you find the upgrade for mpx users on the waves site?
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear
All three are great plugins, among my favorite
funny how I bought MPX last and is the one I like the less
PIE is fantastic on pretty much everything, HLS too when it fits the material
Old 13th September 2011
dio
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steb View Post
where do you find the upgrade for mpx users on the waves site?
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

ahhh yes, thanks
Old 13th September 2011
Here for the gear

This is a super slick bundle, IMO. Lot's of analog color! $199 Native is a great deal!
Old 13th September 2011
VCF
Gear Head

This made me a happy man re: the upgrade.
Old 14th September 2011
M2E
Lives for gear

What if I own the EQ and Compressor in RTAS and the MPX in TDM.
Is there a way to upgrade 2 out of 3 to TDM?

Marc
Old 14th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Fox View Post
For a moment I thought that Waves copied MellowMuse's SATV/SoundToys Decapitator/URS Saturator and named it "Tapes, Tubes and Transistors".

Wish these bundles would go by their real names, not by the engineers that used them.
congratulations, you win the award for the dumbest post of the night *hands you a beer*
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Addict

Great bundle for those that don't already have all these. The compressor is really nice and I totally slept on the HLS channel. The preamp sat is a nice color not available in other saturators. MPX is sick if used conservatively. $200.00 for all these is a no brainer.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

Great bundle.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

wow.. odd, but i actually feel tempted to buy some waves plugins.. i guess times are changing..
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dullfangs View Post
congratulations
So young and already an award.

Nah seriously... The namings kind of call for it. But then again - 0.02 cents.
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'd rather they put the time into MAKING THEIR PLUGINS 64Bit WITHOUT REPACKAGING THEIR STUFF INTO BUNDLES!!!

But thats just me....
Old 16th September 2011
Lives for gear

Yup. Hopefully they will get their stuff together now with the announced PT x64. And that goes for all you companies (Waves, SoundToys, BX, SPL ...)
Old 16th September 2011
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmolemon View Post
wow.. odd, but i actually feel tempted to buy some waves plugins.. i guess times are changing..
Quick, grab the Ritalin and repeat after me: "Will not buy Waves, will not buy Waves, ..."

heh
Old 17th September 2011
Lives for gear

yeah....the comp and eq def have a sound of their own and it's VERY characterful .... i am addicted!
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 View Post
$134 upgrade cost for MPX users at the Waves store. Anyone know if it's possible to buy these bundle upgrades through third-party vendors?
Right now Waves is allowing its vendors to sell everything they sell. At Waves Universe we sell all Waves products including upgrades and WUPs at a discount. So, yes Waves Universe is selling the MPX upgrade to Kramer TTT at a discount. The bad news is when buying an upgrade you do not get the $200 voucher that comes with buying the Kramer TTT outright.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
Don't want to make this post a commercial, but we use the same method to find your upgrade price and then we discount it.
Old 17th September 2011
Gear Maniac

I already have all of these and love them. They are well worth their original price and (as previously said) this bundle is a no brainer.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

not very a fan of the eq when i demoed it when the offers was to get the kramer signature bundle for free ...but i liked the comp ....very and surprisly good on modern music (for a vintage modeled comp) unlike some others ...
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

I did not like the eq either but don't really use it as a typical eq. I use it for the preamp saturation. I even like how the low noise setting works on this one. It does have a very nice low end boost with just 1-2 db where other eq's fail.
Old 18th September 2011
PDC
Lives for gear

Anyone watch that show Rock and Roll Boot Camp? Eddie is on there. I never see the plugs on the PT display
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Link pls to the show you refer to
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search