The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack Analog Processors (HW)
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Nut

Hardware TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack

VoiceLive Rack combines a transparent, digitally controlled mic preamp, a full suite of adaptive pre-effects, and TC-Helicon’s industry leading, complete vocal effects path to produce any vocal sound you’ve heard or dreamed of. Now, whether you're constructing a giant vocal track for your latest tune or mixing front-of-house at today's tour stop, VoiceLive Rack delivers the vocal magic.

Full mic channel with digitally controlled gain, phantom power and pre effects
Complete vocal effects path; if you dream it, VoiceLive Rack does it
Direct access editing and performer control via Mic Control and footswitch input
Includes MP-75 Modern Performance Vocal Microphone with Mic Control

Every effect you’ll need to sound like your favourite songs

VoiceLive Rack is bursting with the vocal effects that made VoiceLive 2 our best-selling effects unit ever. These effects are studio-grade so your singing can sound like your favourite songs or define new vocal territory.

Includes effects made famous by VoiceLive 2 including HardTune, µMod (chorus,
flange & detune), tap delay, reverb, harmony, doubling, and transducer (distortion
and radio voices)
Global Tone automatically “produces” your core vocal sound with adaptive EQ, compression and
de-ess with manual over-ride
Over 200 factory or 400 user presets offer a wide sonic range with room to grow
Auto sensing of harmony control instrument to minimize setup time and allow instrument swapping in performance

NaturalPlay harmonies

Guided by a guitar signal, aux feed from a mixing console, a MIDI keyboard or even no instrument at all, VoiceLive Rack has brilliant vocal harmonies for you.

Harmony reference can guided by guitar, MIDI or MP3 player or key & scale
Up to 8 voices with MIDI keyboard control or 4 doubled harmony intervals
From smooth and natural sound to extreme vocal pitch shifting
Complete customization with adjustable gender, humanization and more

Unique and easy touch interface

The lightest tap on a button is all it takes to activate effects. Navigate around the features and presets with an ease that becomes addictive. Use the weighted encoder to browse presets, then touch a button to turn an effect on or off. Want to quickly make an adjustment? Just push and hold an effect button to jump directly to its edit block.
An engineer that listens

Like a great audio engineer, VoiceLive Rack’s adaptive Tone feature listens to you and adjusts automatically to make your voice sound smooth and produced.

Studio grade adaptive EQ, compression and de-ess reduce muddiness and contain
dynamics automatically
Adaptive gate fights stage leakage between vocal phrases
Manual over-rides offer additional user control

Attached Thumbnails
TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack-89792_g1.jpg   TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack-89792_g2.jpg  
Attached Images
TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack-voice-live-rack.jpeg 
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac
Are any engineers using this for effects processing? I find it interesting because it's software that you get to touch basically... Seems like something that could be fun to play with if nothing else. What do you think?
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Just watched the videos on their site for this, looks amazing!!
Any idea on pricing and release date yet?
It would have been cool if they'd fitted this with wi-fi and an iOS app. :D
Thanks!
~M
Old 15th September 2011
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by digigem View Post
£695.00

End of September 2011

...And in the US?

Thanks!

~M
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Head

695.00 GBP = 1,098.30 USD
I own a standalone Voicelive touch, but if correct the US version cost $499, and around $399 (Ebay) buying this rack version give only some editing options, but lost mobility.
This rack version will not be for me.....
Old 16th September 2011
CAW
Gear Nut

I am absolutely dumbfounded that a new rackmount device has been released without an internal power supply. Rackmount gear with wall warts/lump in the middles is absolutely a non-starter for me.
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickmmiami View Post

This rack version will not be for me.....

With the dollar so soft, I've seen many companies discounting from the direct conversion in order to be competitive here.
So, I was looking for solid info from the manufacturer or retailers, not just math. Thanks though.
Old 21st October 2011
Gear Maniac

Anyone got this yet? Would like to know if the mic channel (preamp, eq & compressor) are any good in this unit.

Old 22nd October 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickmmiami View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Blue View Post
With the dollar so soft, I've seen many companies discounting from the direct conversion in order to be competitive here.
So, I was looking for solid info from the manufacturer or retailers, not just math. Thanks though.

Typical "street" pricing is $799

TC Helicon VoiceLive Rack Vocal Harmony Effects Processor at AmericanMusical.com
Old 2nd November 2011
Here for the gear

My Voicelive Rack arrives today and I plan on locking myself in my studio this weekend to learn how to work with it. I'll post my thoughts once I have some experience with it.
Old 2nd November 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulvillemusic View Post
My Voicelive Rack arrives today and I plan on locking myself in my studio this weekend to learn how to work with it. I'll post my thoughts once I have some experience with it.

Old 30th December 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulvillemusic View Post
any review to report?
Old 30th December 2011
Gear Maniac

I had one of these on order, but Sweetwater never was able to fulfill the order.
I'll be reordering hopefully by March 1.
Old 26th January 2012
Gear Maniac

Got it today. Review sometime soon.
Old 31st March 2012
Lives for gear

Are there any reviews on this unit? I would like something that would improve the way I sound when I sing. Which at this time is "limited"...llol
Old 1st April 2012
Gear Maniac

I'm just scratching the surface on mine.
So far I can tell you the presets are amazing, but very easy to instantly tweak if need be.
I also bought the Switch-3 but am so far not using the MP-75 that came with it.
Using my Bluebird instead.

This track uses 3 different settings; verse, bridge, chorus. None are direct presets, each is tweaked, but it should give you an idea.
These vocals are literally run Bluebird -> VoiceLive Rack -> Tascam US-2000 -> StudioOne, no other pre's or effects.

More as I dig deeper.
Old 3rd July 2012
Lives for gear

Hello Brother Soulvillemusic,Michael Blue, or anyone who uses Voice Live in the studio.
I was doing a search on the ''Voice works plus'' and noticed that some where using the Voice Live Rack, I also read post in the TC forum.

I had the ''Voice Works'' for some time now but hardly ever use it because I didn't like the robotic harmonies that come from the unit, I rather use my VP-9000 sampler...Lol.

Just wanted to know how users like the rack unit for recording?
I have Sonar X1 DAW and is looking at this unit for vocal use.
What do you think about this $700 unit, I think that the ''Voice works plus'' $300 uses the same G4 chip, also a newer but smaller lower priced 2 Harmony "Voice Live Play" or ''Voice Live Touch''is now available. TC-Helicon | VoiceLive Play
Is it worth the $$$ money to get the ''Voice Live Rack''?
It even seem that the ''Voice Live 2 EXTREME'' may even have more to offer than the rack. VoiceLive 2 Extreme
Thanks for your info in advance.
& blessings.
Old 4th July 2012
Gear Maniac

My only advice would be to find a dealer where you can try out all the options you're looking for and see which fits your needs the best.
I know that's not always possible, in face, there's nowhere around here to do that so I usually end up taking the leap. But if you can, that's the best way.
I love mine, still learning all it can do. Your mileage may vary.
Old 4th July 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Blue View Post
My only advice would be to find a dealer where you can try out all the options you're looking for and see which fits your needs the best.
I know that's not always possible, in face, there's nowhere around here to do that so I usually end up taking the leap. But if you can, that's the best way.
I love mine, still learning all it can do. Your mileage may vary.
Thank you for the response.
Because of the economy and price points or popularity of an item, most stores wouldn't hold them in stock.
I may wait until that $799 rack price drops abit.
& blessings.
Old 12th October 2012
Lives for gear
Anyone have an update on this unit ?

Cheers
Macky
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search