The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid Audio Interfaces
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

MOTU 896mk3 Hybrid

MOTU just upgraded their 896mk3 to Hybrid version...
MOTU.com - 896mk3 Overview

Except for the few obvious changes (USB/different switches etc) wonder if there are any under the hood improvements? Looks good though!
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureLegends View Post
(..) wonder if there are any under the hood improvements?(...)
When recording more than 8 tracks @ 96kHz, a small gas-powered engine helps lighten the CPU load.
Old 19th September 2011
I wonder if ANYONE uses these new MOTU's as/by USB alone??????????[doubt it somehow!!!!]Please prove me wrong.......ANYONE?tutt
Old 19th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
I wonder if ANYONE uses these new MOTU's as/by USB alone??????????[doubt it somehow!!!!]Please prove me wrong.......ANYONE?tutt
Don't have one as of yet, but for the poor souls working off of the early "unibody" MBPs, USB is unfortunately a must. Still haven't figured out why someone thought it was a good idea to eliminate FW400 completely for the line of MB/MBPs that came out during the transition to FW800.
Old 20th September 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
Don't have one as of yet, but for the poor souls working off of the early "unibody" MBPs, USB is unfortunately a must. Still haven't figured out why someone thought it was a good idea to eliminate FW400 completely for the line of MB/MBPs that came out during the transition to FW800.
If you have a MBP, it should have FW800.......

$20 FW400-800 cable will get you going
Top Mentioned Products
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search