The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DMG Equick Equalizer Plugins
Old 9th September 2011
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Nice looking plug! There's only two things missing that would make it perfect in my eyes:

1. the analog mode (maybe instead of linear mode)
2. proportional Q option

Like this is almost just another Pro-Q.
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotl View Post
Nice looking plug! There's only two things missing that would make it perfect in my eyes:

2. proportional Q option

Like this is almost just another Pro-Q.
Idk anything about pro Q...but this has some cool features. If you command click a on the graph, a new band is added, if you control click on the graph, a new band is added and all other bands are temporarily bypassed allowing you to sweep the frequencies while holding the click...also a lo and hi pass filter follow the band around, when you release, the band is engaged and other bands are restored...pretty cool
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Woho, just got my license this afternoon(already own EQuality). What a nice surprise.

Very cool, very practical. Still studying the manual. I don't want to miss anything.

Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

On first inspection, this just looks like a Fabfilter Q clone
Old 9th September 2011
monad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauvin View Post
On first inspection, this just looks like a Fabfilter Q clone
Except it sounds considerably better.
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by monad View Post
Old 9th September 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
+1

Really really really great work, Dave & Krzysztof!
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Fabfilter Pro Q sounds really good, so this better sound amazing then.
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chauvin View Post
Fabfilter Pro Q sounds really good, so this better sound amazing then.
Well then just try it bucko!
Old 9th September 2011
Major props to Dave & co. for giving this away to the EQuality owners.

r,
j,
Old 9th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transistor View Post

r,
j,
Wow that is pretty neat.

Graham
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transistor View Post
+ 1
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I have owned EQuality and COMPassion from the day 1 they got released. All I can say is...Dave for the president
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
Does it?
Old 9th September 2011
Yeah, successful attempt to have some similar like Fabfilter Pro-Q but with the better EQ from Equality. Free for all existing EQuality users!
M/S now per band!! Works great and is a big improvement to EQuality. Solo band with right-button... Right button click will inverse the band.
Digital and linear type.

There are not many wishes for further improvements! Eventually some of the types from EQuality. May be a special mastering edition or in the future also a merging of both EQ to one?

It looks so good and the workflow is so smooth and for most of us it's free!!

Now I wish the same with Compassion :P A easy to use compressor with not too many options. Maybe a "Sonalksis SV315" with some analog modeled stuff but with the ideas of Dave?
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Prove it!!!
Old 9th September 2011
OMU
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotl View Post
a big + 1

And thank you for giving away such a great product. Really the only thing missing is the analog mode.
Old 9th September 2011
ukm
Gear Nut

Many thanks from an EQuality owner.

ukm
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukm View Post
Many thanks from an EQuality owner.

ukm
+1, a nice gift to us
Old 9th September 2011
Wow, thanks Dave, this is great!

Don't get rid of linear mode, please.

If you read this thought, please take in account one thing. I would advocate placing the plugin re-sizing feature on the top left (or include in the clickable "Equick" menu). I hit the "Huge" button and the plugin moved off the screen and could not be set back unless I deleted it. A display flaw Audition, not sure how it works in other programs.
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Old 9th September 2011
Here is what I mean, the effects rack does not allow scrolling to the right. Adobe's fault, but you're much better at fixing things.

Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
DMG Equick-equick.jpg  
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Is there any sound quality difference between this one and EQuality, or it is the same code but only stripped down version?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

I'm finding the scrolling to be very jerky, so it makes it very difficult to use, does anyone find this?
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
When I last demoed Pro-Q and EQuality a long time back, I have to say I felt Pro-Q just had the edge compared to EQualitys Digital/Digital+ modes, which is the most direct comparison of no-latency modes.

But EQualitys Analog Phase mode sounded best of all, albeit at higher cpu and latency hit. But this again was comparable to DDMF LP10 eq running in min phase mode.

In the end I didn't buy either as I just couldnt make my mind up!. Been meaning to though.... ugh decisions....
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Is there any sound quality difference between this one and EQuality, or it is the same code but only stripped down version?
From what I can see, it has the digital and Linear Phase filters from Equality. Not the Digital+, Analog Phase, or Minimum Phase filters. It does have metering, MS selection on each band, stereo width control, analyzer control, and all the other bells and whistles. (No K-System metering though like in Equality) Other than that it has many more bands selectable, Not to mention a very nice horizontal zoom slider which allows you to see up to 1Hz increments in the graph in some cases. Great for pinpointing problems.
Old 9th September 2011
Gear Head

Hey Dave

First off many thanks for the free plugin since i'm an Equality owner, that is very much appreciated and only makes me a bigger fan of DMG Audio.

I am however a bit lukewarm on the plugin, just to be totally honest. It seems like it has brilliant potential but it is really, really sluggish on my 3.4 GHZ i7 iMac with 16 GB Ram, even in 64 bit. When I say sluggish I mean so slow dragging the eq's around that I don't want to use it...it has that feeling like I'm on a really old computer just fighting with it to do something basic.

I don't want to discourage other people from buying or using it as it may be a system specific problem to me. Did you guys test on 10.7.1? That's what I'm running and wondering if there's some compatibility problems with. Hope we can get this fixed at some point cause this looks like a super plugin otherwise!
Old 9th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro212 View Post
I am however a bit lukewarm on the plugin, just to be totally honest. It seems like it has brilliant potential but it is really, really sluggish on my 3.4 GHZ i7 iMac with 16 GB Ram, even in 64 bit. When I say sluggish I mean so slow dragging the eq's around that I don't want to use it...it has that feeling like I'm on a really old computer just fighting with it to do something basic.
Hmm. This must be more a Mac/OSX specific thing. It works excellent on the PC (Win7 64Bit) and is also using not much processing power in linear phase mode and I'm using no high end GPU (GT520) and a decent CPU (E6600).
Old 9th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
I'm finding the scrolling to be very jerky, so it makes it very difficult to use, does anyone find this?
Actually its stopped being Jerky now? I don't know why but its just stopped and is nice and smooth now.

I am loving this thing, its a pleasure to use, it sounds great from what I have tried so far, extremely low CPU, I just don't know how they managed it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search