The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DMG Equick Equalizer Plugins
Old 11th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by monomaker View Post
For the folks complaining about responsiveness; have you tried changing the refresh rate preference? EQuick gives you a choice between refresh and CPU usage.
50 hz rate here. it is a maximum.
but GUI response still sluggish (compared with pro q).
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax View Post
yes, i noticed that analyzer is much much better than pro q.
but gui responce when i move a band is not so... responsive and smooth.

VU meter is useless for me at all. you can overload plugin in 32 bit host with no problem and get undistorted result.

pro q sounds dirtier especially on very low's and highs.
Well,when your copying somthing,you can only come so close! And im sure giving it away free to Eqality user has more than meets the eye! i.e your not gonna moan about it looking 99.9% like Pro-q if your grtting it free!

Last edited by Hi-Fidelity; 11th September 2011 at 08:59 PM.. Reason: no reason
Old 11th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Fidelity View Post
Well,when your copying somthing,you can only come so close!
may be. but analyzer and sound quality of dmg equick is outstanding.
Old 12th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomcore View Post
If I understand correctly, there is 3rd EQ plug-in coming from DMG in matter of few months? What kind of EQ will that be?
It will have all of EQuality and EQuick features plus additional Mastering, etc. features, like higher LinPhase resolution modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monomaker View Post
Regarding a new EQ - Dave never said it would be a couple of months, he just said that it's going to happen. I'd point out that Dave always make things preferential to current customers - so I don't believe anyone would lose out by purchasing now rather than waiting.
Well he just said "it's coming soon" ...
But yes, buying now will surely be rewarded !

Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax View Post
50 hz rate here. it is a maximum.
but GUI response still sluggish (compared with pro q).
Guess You should try the opposite, i.e. the smallest value, to reduce CPU/GPU strain.

Jan
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Dont like it as much as Equality. The graphic refreshing stucks on a MAC.

I would rather like to see the minimum phase mode or analog mode
with a little more CPU load being the regular mode.

it aims to be a replacement for Fabfilter but it's not there yet.
Old 12th September 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks Dave! This was an unexpected and very cool reward for existing EQuality users!

As a Mac user, I'll have to agree with the comments regarding sluggish GUI interaction though; the responsiveness is extremely slow right from default, analyzer turned off. I've tried both the AU and VST version, same thing.

Sven
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Hi,
A left/right mode on top of the mid/side would be cool in hosts where dual mono is not an option (thinking to live)
otherwise I like it a lot, sounds better than the competition to me.
A.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg64 View Post
Thanks Dave! This was an unexpected and very cool reward for existing EQuality users!

As a Mac user, I'll have to agree with the comments regarding sluggish GUI interaction though; the responsiveness is extremely slow right from default, analyzer turned off. I've tried both the AU and VST version, same thing.
Investigating. This seems to be a mac-specific issue.

Can I throw out a (somewhat mad sounding) question... does it improve if you open the VU panel?

Dave.
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGamble View Post

Can I throw out a (somewhat mad sounding) question... does it improve if you open the VU panel?

Dave.
I actually tried that yesterday, but it's still slow here I'm afraid. This even happens on projects where one instance of EQuick is the only thing in there. Some sort of Mac specific GPU bug perhaps?
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
Flux is also standalone but it's using a own "sample bridge" plug-in to route the audio from the sequencer to the application. Installs also some extra stuff (Python, Bonjour).
Not to ruin Dave's thread (Hi Dave) - (we are way back friends and ex. colleagues), but to clarify, SampleGrabber is a plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS and TDM for VENUE) used for sending the audio from one system to another over LAN, to be able to run the actual analyzer app on a separate machine without the need for any audio cabling etc.

Cheers,
/Felix
Old 13th September 2011
Lives for gear

Absolutely another amazing EQ and for free!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Dave, you rock!

I also agree that the GUI is a bit sluggish, but I´m sure Dave will fix it soon.
Old 13th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Great eq Dave!!
I already almost only use Equality, but now this is my new goto!
Love the interface! I'm on a 30" screen, and the resizable gui is great!
Sounds very good to, didn't compare directly to Equality, but it sounds very good!!
To me digital eq is really a whole lot about the interface. Equick is the most intuitive and direct interface I've used in digital so far. Makes it possible to work real quick:-)

Three things I'd love to see:

-Some sort of indication when mid or side is used
- reset funtion for all active bands, like "flat" in equality
-analogue phase option

Anyway, I feel almost bad for requesting features after recieving such a nice gift:-) It's already great! (Did I say that already?)

all the best, Olav
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Agree as above. I put it behind console emulation it work as great whether it is digital or linear mode.. Big graphic mode(sluggish too in my Mac) and ability to do zooming is one big plus. I paid for this mainly. Dunno why it is Equick as you still can spend a lot of time dialing in. I have demo Equality, I prefer to work on Equick. I hope to get a gigantic screen mode someday.heh
Old 14th September 2011
DMG Audio EQuick - dialog with Dave Gamble.
---------------------------------------------------------
1) selection of 2 or more bands and delete them by one click. may be "special button" @ top bar will help or some sort of "global delete". Will fix.

2) mouse sensivity "much much broader" will be added.

3) different band color for MID mode. SIDE mode paints bands to blue. ok. MID mode and STEREO mode has the same white curve eq color. may be change MID mode curve eq color to yellow so user will SEE the difference in modes very quickly. but yellow color will appear only when MID mode is selected. in STEREO mode MID bands will still white. Will consider (as pref).
Old 14th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGamble View Post

Dave.
It improves with a larger GUI. Worst performance with smallest size GUI. weird...
Anyways, I like it a lot! sounds amazing and the simplicity of the interface let you focus on what you hear.
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

There are a few things I would love to see on Equick to improve workflow

1: A preference to set the window size, I like using large, I would like every time I open a new instance for it to open at my preferred size, its a pain to have to add an extra step every time, I like to open and go.

2: I think the dragging is to sluggish it needs to be really smooth or it ruins the flow.

3: I would love to have a drag safe mode, so when dragging up or down it can't be dragged sideways and so lose the frequency setting, and vice versa, don't know if this would be possible?
Old 15th September 2011
Lives for gear

This plug-in is nice alternative to Fabfilter Pro-Q, but I am waiting for v 1.1 of EQuick for final verdict.
Old 15th September 2011
Gear Maniac

It works fine here (win7 64)...the stereo control is a nice little extra on this eq,very handy...
Old 16th September 2011
Gear Addict

I hate when I read about plugs that do this and do that.. latest and greatest, etc... Blah blah blah...

I hate it cuz I usually go and look anyways..

Dave, these are great plugs... I was demoing EQuality, then decided to try Compassion at the same time... Ended up buying the bundle and realized I got Equick at the same time.. Very nice.

I really like these... although sorting out all of the bells and whistles of Compie is going to take me a bit...
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulderFBI View Post
This plug-in is nice alternative to Fabfilter Pro-Q, but I am waiting for v 1.1 of EQuick for final verdict.
I have and love Pro-Q so thought,..... do I really need Equick....

Been using the demo for an hour and absolutely love it !
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
There are a few things I would love to see on Equick to improve workflow

1: A preference to set the window size, I like using large, I would like every time I open a new instance for it to open at my preferred size, its a pain to have to add an extra step every time, I like to open and go.
There's a 'save current setup as default' option in the Misc section of the preferences.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatworld View Post
Been using the demo for an hour and absolutely love it !
and within another hour had no realistic choice but to buy it ..... Excellent GUI options, very useful analyzer, nice curve/q options, great sound and so much fun to use..

Emazing :-)
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Nut
I tried to use EQuick to divide a drum loop to different bands on their own mixer tracks, but it didn't work out. I sent the audio to two separate channels, added EQuick in linear mod to both and then put a high pass to other and a low pass to other so that their parameters were exactly the same. The outcome is close to the original, but not exactly. It sounds like it lacks the lows but I'm not sure. Can you think of any reason for this?
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinmusic View Post
There's a 'save current setup as default' option in the Misc section of the preferences.
Credits.

Too bad this feature, (window size), isn't in EQuality... (or if it is I can't find it)
Old 18th September 2011
Deleted User
This is my EQ that I waited for. Very close sound to Softube Classic Channel in highs, but with better defined bass control. Great sound, Great big display, Great Analyzer, M/S, stereo, mono, easy to work with. The overall winner!
30 days demo that always saying "leave me here forever"! It really brokes heart. "Money is not the problem, there is no money"!

However
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
This is my EQ that I waited for.Great sound, Great big display, Great Analyzer, M/S, stereo, mono, easy to work with. The overall winner!
I agree Den.
And I tried another great EQ today.
Nugen SEQ2 mastering edition.
Did a search on GS and basically nothing. Hard to believe after trying if for an hour. Awesome.
Anyway. Not trying to hijack the thread I really like Equick, nice purchase.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Than try to imagine how good will be 3rd EQ DMG is working on.
Old 18th September 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Oops.. actually it's on the 'Credits' page like in EQuality.
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
try to imagine how good will be 3rd EQ DMG is working on.
dynamic eq?
Old 18th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Aha I should RTM,, Thanks for pointing that out.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search