The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DMG Equick Equalizer Plugins
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Man, this is one beautiful looking GUI. Great sound and functionality too. Sweet! Nice to give it to existing owners.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

This is awesome. Way to listen to the customers, DMG... The m/s by band feature was something I requested a while back. I didn't think it would actually be coming in a new product, absolutely free to me...
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

The 'huge' size is...huge !
Also would loved the analog phase mode, instead of linear. Great plugin, I'm going to work a little more with it in the next days.

Thanks a lot DMG Audio.
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Looks and sounds fantastic--thanks Dave!!!!
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomcore View Post
Is there any sound quality difference between this one and EQuality, or it is the same code but only stripped down version?
Old 10th September 2011
good news! good price!
it is a real competitor for fabfilter pro q now.
but pro q usability is still beter IMHO.
a sound is... different. i prefer equality (equick).
and analyzer in DMG Audio plugs is simply the best!
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by andivax View Post
good news! good price!
it is a real competitor for fabfilter pro q now.
but pro q usability is still beter IMHO.
a sound is... different. i prefer equality (equick).
and analyzer in DMG Audio plugs is simply the best!
Hey Andi, what do you think needs some improvement to come closer to Fabfilter Pro-Q in the usability department?
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

If I buy Equality now do I get this one as well? Or is the deal just for previous Equality owners?
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

EQuality and EQuick bundle...

i'm lovin' it...heh
Old 10th September 2011
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvyn View Post
If I buy Equality now do I get this one as well? Or is the deal just for previous Equality owners?
http://dmgaudio.com/store.php

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...22063ff41faaba
Old 10th September 2011
Anyone else having the issue of making changes to an instance of EQuick and then the next instance that's created, the new one keeps the curve from the previous instance? I've never had this with EQuality and can't see a preference that would cause this to happen. I'm running Logic 9.1.5 in 10.6.7.

I need this function exactly 0 times.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Nut
It's ****ing amazing!!! Just like two weeks ago I started to search for good linear phase EQ and tested Equality. It was great! But I wanted it to be quicker and handier. This is everything I've wanted. Linear phase mode + practicality & quickness + analyzer. GG

Though, I have one problem. Perhaps someone here can help me out. I'm using a Windows laptop and I can't change the Q by scrolling. The side of the touchpad is used for scrolling and it works otherwise well but not with this. Any ideas?

Once that thing will be solved I'm sure I'm gonna buy this.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

Once you use the 'huge' GUI setting it's hard to go back to other eq's. Great analyser too with loads of customisable options like response time. I already had Equality so this was free for me.. loving it.

One or two minor bugs with slightly sluggish graphics, keeping the eq curve from the previous setting (like the previous comment) and I found that using the 'solo' setting sometimes confused it (muting the output even when nothing is selected). But I've no doubt the first update will fix these.

But all in all just an outstanding interface.. I can see it having an effect on how I work. Not a character eq like others but sounds great and to see that analyser almost the size of my screen means I can zoom in on individual notes really easily. Anyway.. just when you think you've got everything you need
Old 10th September 2011
Lives for gear

Really appreciate this! I was just looking for an EQ that did M/S and then this appeared in my email inbox. Great EQ and great customer service!
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCrane View Post
Though, I have one problem. Perhaps someone here can help me out. I'm using a Windows laptop and I can't change the Q by scrolling. The side of the touchpad is used for scrolling and it works otherwise well but not with this. Any ideas?

Once that thing will be solved I'm sure I'm gonna buy this.
the same here. only mousewheel works. both in equick and fabfilter pro q.
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4damind View Post
Hey Andi, what do you think needs some improvement to come closer to Fabfilter Pro-Q in the usability department?
Hey, Frank, glad to see you here!

please check a (possible) features you can add in future updates of
EQuick. Hope this helps.

1) at this moment i can't delete more then one selected bands.
i mean i can't select 2 or more bands and delete them by one click.
may be "special button" @ top bar will help or some sort of "global delete" button.
2) mouse sensivity "much much broader" mode for much faster band q responce.
so band Q changes very slow even with "broad" mouse sensivity mode.
3) inverted Q option only for bands with negative dB values (less than 0 dB)
4) hotkeys and mouse buttons (ctrl, alt, shift) hints in the parameters display.
5) "pro q like" key modifiers while dragging. alt+drag - preserve band frequency (or band gain).
alt + click - mute band. ctrl+drag- change band Q.
6) autolisten Q - 24 dB option
8) "reset bands" button @ top bar to remove all bands by one click!
9) different band color for MID mode. SIDE mode paints bands to blue. ok.
MID mode and STEREO mode has the same white curve eq color.
may be change MID mode curve eq color to yellow so user will SEE the difference in modes very quickly.
but yellow color will appear only when MID mode is selected. in STEREO mode MID bands will still white.
10) possibility to select a few bands with key modifier.
click on one band, press keymodifier (shift, for example), select another few bands.

also, Dave can you make an analyzer plugin which we can put on master, see our mix spectrum and compare it
with other spectrum graphs (of other mixes which we can analyze, store
and recall)?
something like smaart 7 analyzer in plugin format with incredible DMG Audio analyzer engine!

i will forward this list to Dave.
Old 10th September 2011
Gear Addict

The UI is very similar to Pro Q, but in use, it isn't as snappy and responsive..

the interface stuff like the VU isn't as clean, and moving the plot points doesn't feel as smooth as Pro Q..

As far as sound, well I can't say its clearly better than Pro Q or worse..very minute difference
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludwigvanlee View Post
The UI is very similar to Pro Q, but in use, it isn't as snappy and responsive..

the interface stuff like the VU isn't as clean, and moving the plot points doesn't feel as smooth as Pro Q..

As far as sound, well I can't say its clearly better than Pro Q or worse..very minute difference
yes, i noticed that analyzer is much much better than pro q.
but gui responce when i move a band is not so... responsive and smooth.

VU meter is useless for me at all. you can overload plugin in 32 bit host with no problem and get undistorted result.

pro q sounds dirtier especially on very low's and highs.
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
Hey, Frank, glad to see you here!

please check a (possible) features you can add in future updates of
EQuick. Hope this helps.

1) at this moment i can't delete more then one selected bands.
i mean i can't select 2 or more bands and delete them by one click.
may be "special button" @ top bar will help or some sort of "global delete" button.
2) mouse sensivity "much much broader" mode for much faster band q responce.
so band Q changes very slow even with "broad" mouse sensivity mode.
3) inverted Q option only for bands with negative dB values (less than 0 dB)
4) hotkeys and mouse buttons (ctrl, alt, shift) hints in the parameters display.
5) "pro q like" key modifiers while dragging. alt+drag - preserve band frequency (or band gain).
alt + click - mute band. ctrl+drag- change band Q.
6) autolisten Q - 24 dB option
8) "reset bands" button @ top bar to remove all bands by one click!
9) different band color for MID mode. SIDE mode paints bands to blue. ok.
MID mode and STEREO mode has the same white curve eq color.
may be change MID mode curve eq color to yellow so user will SEE the difference in modes very quickly.
but yellow color will appear only when MID mode is selected. in STEREO mode MID bands will still white.
10) possibility to select a few bands with key modifier.
click on one band, press keymodifier (shift, for example), select another few bands.

also, Dave can you make an analyzer plugin which we can put on master, see our mix spectrum and compare it
with other spectrum graphs (of other mixes which we can analyze, store
and recall)?
something like smaart 7 analyzer in plugin format with incredible DMG Audio analyzer engine!

i will forward this list to Dave.
Hi Andi
Interesting points! I found it a bit confusing that solo/autolisten and "invert band" share the same mouse button (right click). So when trying to solo a band without changing a value, this will invert the band It's from the handling IMO a bit confusing. But this could be solved with your point about the key modifiers like Pro-Q.
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
Hi Andi
Interesting points! I found it a bit confusing that solo/autolisten and "invert band" share the same mouse button (right click). So when trying to solo a band without changing a value, this will invert the band It's from the handling IMO a bit confusing. But this could be solved with your point about the key modifiers like Pro-Q.
you can also switch alt key and right mouse click.
at this time it can be a workaround.
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
you can also switch alt key and right mouse click.
at this time it can be a workaround.
Jepp, tried this option.

For the Analyzer thing. Yes.. I always use the Elemental Audio Inspector XL because of this saving and comparing feature of different graphs and have not really found a good alternative.
Bluecataudio eventually and Flux has also something new on the table with the Pure Analyzer System but I have not tried it yet.
If Dave would provide such analyzer this would be very, very great.
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
Jepp, tried this option.

For the Analyzer thing. Yes.. I always use the Elemental Audio Inspector XL because of this saving and comparing feature of different graphs and have not really found a good alternative.
Bluecataudio eventually and Flux has also something new on the table with the Pure Analyzer System but I have not tried it yet.
If Dave would provide such analyzer this would be very, very great.
smaart 6 or 7.
but it is standalone and expensive
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
smaart 6 or 7.
but it is standalone and expensive
Hmm... Then it needs some kind of virtual audio cable? Similar thing when using Pinguin...
Flux is also standalone but it's using a own "sample bridge" plug-in to route the audio from the sequencer to the application. Installs also some extra stuff (Python, Bonjour) - not my cup of tea. Bluecat is not expensive and can store different plots but it's not so much better than my Inspector XL... Not idea why there are no "perfect" analyzers available.
Dave, we need a analyzer heh
Old 10th September 2011
Quote:
Hmm... Then it needs some kind of virtual audio cable? Similar thing when using Pinguin...
Flux is also standalone but it's using a own "sample bridge" plug-in to route the audio from the sequencer to the application. Installs also some extra stuff (Python, Bonjour) - not my cup of tea. Bluecat is not expensive and can store different plots but it's not so much better than my Inspector XL... Not idea why there are no "perfect" analyzers available.
Dave, we need a analyzer heh
Yes, Dave! We need a perfect analyzer from you!

Frank, you should use your audio interface mixer capability to rout output to input (RME Fireface can do this) or physically connect spdif output to input for example. But this is OT Let's talk about EQuick!
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Addict

My Fav surgical eq was always equality. Getting this eq just makes that process even easier. The large graph and analyser is just what I was looking for cuts. And to boot, I got it for free. I am stunned......Amazing dave!!!!
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

If I understand correctly, there is 3rd EQ plug-in coming from DMG in matter of few months? What kind of EQ will that be?
Old 11th September 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomcore View Post
What kind of EQ will that be?
the best...
Old 11th September 2011
Quote:
Hi Frank,
have you already tried the hofa IQ analyzer ?
HOFA-Plugins | Quality made in Germany - HOFA IQ-Analyser

It shows the average freq curve of a song. You can save reference curves.
The windows is free resizable.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

For the folks complaining about responsiveness; have you tried changing the refresh rate preference? EQuick gives you a choice between refresh and CPU usage.
Old 11th September 2011
Gear Maniac

Regarding a new EQ - Dave never said it would be a couple of months, he just said that it's going to happen. I'd point out that Dave always make things preferential to current customers - so I don't believe anyone would lose out by purchasing now rather than waiting.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search