The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
DDMF 6144 vst/au eq Equalizer Plugins
Old 16th November 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxi View Post
Didn't read the whole thread but if i set up a LC, closed the GUI and then open it again, it doesn't show the LC value but the LS value instead. I still can ear the effect of the LC tho.

Anyone else has the same issue ?
I'm in Reaper 32 bit Windows XP SP3
That's funny because this baffled me for a long long time (maybe over a year!! lol). I just recently realized that the low and high band parameter controls work for both functions simultaneously but visually default to LS after closing the plugin. So no worries, it is working properly. You can toggle between the two functions, change either, and they remain in those settings.
Old 17th December 2014
Maaaaaaan, this thing is so sweeet! I think it will replace my Stillwell 1073 which was my go-to eq until now.
Old 4th December 2017
I've been reaching for this eq more since it got updated, is it me or it's sounding better ? I'm cutting 8 dbs on drum overheads and room mics and it still sounds sweet ! on earlier versions those kind of cuts sounded a little "phasey" to me ...
Old 21st November 2018
Gear Nut

I read here that the plugin has a HPF/low cut always engaged to mimic the hardware, but that statement was made before the HP/LP filters were added. In the current version, is there no low cut when the HP/LP button is turned off? I’m thinking of purchasing this as a bus EQ (will probably mix into it since I know there’s a tad of harmonic distortion even when set flat), but if it’s always cutting low end then that wouldn’t be ideal.
Old 30th December 2018
Lives for gear
Just bought this plugins after some testing. The 6144 was initially recommended to me by bManic and a very good recommendation it was too.
It is currently on sale, so in turn, I extend my recommendation to others: go and get it now. It’s a superb sounding EQ plugin.
Old 31st December 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdude View Post
In the current version, is there no low cut when the HP/LP button is turned off?
correct, there is no hp/lp filter applied unless you engage the button.
Old 27th February 2019
Lives for gear

Thumbs up

I used the 6144 yesterday, after a long time without it.
Stem Mastering, 5 tracks (along with Nebula Mammoth eq on master buss). What a great result I had, and the client´s feedback (a great musician here) was one of most emotional I had from someone since I started on mastering, 8 years ago.

Ciro
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search